• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blueprints Please!

• Thread starter DeletedUser16995
  • Start date

DeletedUser16995

I am active in a competitive FS that frequently hits 10 chests in the tournament. I also don't buy buildings. So the blueprints have no use for me in their current state. What would it take to be able to buy a magical residence or workshop with a blueprint? Or upgrade an event-reward building? That way, the blueprints would actually be functional, and players like me have a reason to fight for 10 chests.

bkbajb

Soggy correct?? Never. LOL. But there should be a way that a number of blueprints would equal opening the magical residences and workshops and a number upgrades them. Keep in mind my grand total of blueprints is, hang on counting now, wheres the calculator?? Oh ya, grand total is none. So I am not upset that I have any and cannot use them, but what a great grand prize in tournaments, FA, even seasonal events. A new class of buildings to add. Perhaps an upgrade to the travelling merchants. Something new that will give each player a small added bonus for the chapter they are in. Ok, got to go. All of that adding has made me tired.

DeletedUser1108

It would certainly help to motivate those players who currently feel that they are pushing for a prize that has no value to them personally if the blueprints uses were expanded beyond their current limited value. I have received the complaint before "Why should I bust my (insert your choice) to gain a prize only you folk with magic workshops and residences can use?". You can point to the other values in ten chests, but it is a valid point none the less. This seems to me to be a long overdue fix, that has been covered on the forum previously, but has yet to see any action by the developers.

DeletedUser

This seems to me to be a long overdue fix, that has been covered on the forum previously, but has yet to see any action by the developers.

This isn't a fix because it isn't a bug; this is merely a suggestion that the developers haven't decided is a valid one. The word "possibly" has been thrown about, but whether or not we're ever going to be able to upgrade Event items with blueprints remains to be seen.

The Unbeliever

FoE has had Renovation Kits (upgrade an event building to your current age/chapter) AND One-Up Kits (upgrade an event building by 1 age/chapter), for roughly 2 years now!!

That Elvenar is still waiting for BP's to get the same treatment to at least a 1-Up Kit is beyond criminal.:mad::mad:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
FoE has had Renovation Kits (upgrade an event building to your current age/chapter) AND One-Up Kits (upgrade an event building by 1 age/chapter), for roughly 2 years now!!

That Elvenar is still waiting for BP's to get the same treatment to at least a 1-Up Kit is beyond criminal.:mad::mad:
So you're saying it's criminal that a game that started three years later and has fewer players doesn't have some of the things of the older, larger, game? Hyperbole much?

The Unbeliever

So you're saying it's criminal that a game that started three years later and has fewer players doesn't have some of the things of the older, larger, game? Hyperbole much?
It's not like it would take Inno much effort to code BP's to function ala 1-up kit... :rolleyes:
Especially considering their other main city builder has already had this exact same feature for 2 damn years!

You'd still need many BP's to update all the various event buildings you'd ideally want to keep growing with your city, and for most players, this would still be a very slow process to upgrade everything.

I mean, it's not like we haven't been asking about BP's since forever, let alone that Inno has been promising us a new use for them for a year or more now either! :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I mean, it's not like we haven't been asking about BP's since forever
Actually, since it's not even three years since the game released, it's exactly like that.
let alone that Inno has been promising us a new use for them for a year or more now either! :p
I missed the promise part. I thought they said they wanted to find some other ways to use them. Despite the number of people who repeat that as though it was a firm commitment, I don't think that qualifies as a promise.

Last edited:

bkbajb

It's good to see that others feel the way I do. Blueprints can be such a useful tool for everyone. I am not saying making them easy to get but make them worth something that all players will work towards. Once that is addressed by the developers then adding another button showing that you have X number of blueprints for this building and so on I think would inspire players to work and maybe buy diamonds to achieve their goals. But as I said in my previous post, these buildings need to be something that grows as the player grows. This community building I personally think is a bad idea, but this could be really good.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
When I asked Timon about blueprints a few Q&A sessions ago, he said something like "Ya we are working on the second use of blueprints to upgrade event buildings" I'm paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to find the clip.

If they are having a hard time with the balance for that, they could just let us use a blueprint to buy a level 1 magic res or magic workshop.

DeletedUser9601

If they are having a hard time with the balance for that, they could just let us use a blueprint to buy a level 1 magic res or magic workshop.
This is a fantastic idea. Now that I'm in a position to earn blueprints, I'd consider a magical res. But I can only buy one in my current chapter, which negates the whole value of the blueprint!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Granted, I want the blueprints for my magic building upgrades but :rolleyes: when people say there is not a good reason to try to get the 10th chest. Now with the increased AW KP it would be worth it to me to get the 30 KP instant anyway. Like @SoggyShorts said, Timon did say they are kicking around ideas on how else to use them in the future. They are working on it but he can't tell us when. LOL! :D:p

Pheryll

Set Designer

I think having blueprints give temporary bonuses would be a better start, such as refreshing an expiring building (one of the military boosts ones, probably not the wishing well).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think having blueprints give temporary bonuses would be a better start, such as refreshing an expiring building (one of the military boosts ones, probably not the wishing well).
Depending what exactly you mean by refresh, I think they might have to offer a great deal more than that to be tempting.

Not sure if it's more code or less, but it might be a shortcut to let the blueprint activate selection of an event building, and returns it to inventory as though you had just won it now.

The Unbeliever

Depending what exactly you mean by refresh, I think they might have to offer a great deal more than that to be tempting.

Not sure if it's more code or less, but it might be a shortcut to let the blueprint activate selection of an event building, and returns it to inventory as though you had just won it now.
FoE has just figured out how to code the Reno & 1-up kits to NOT kick the upgraded buildings back into inventory, or even reset any on-going timers... (important for set buildings, which prior to this, were a nightmare to reno/1-up upgrade)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind at all at this point if Elvenar buildings had to get kicked back into inventory & replaced in your city (and lose all on-going productions/reset all timers), as I just want to be able to put my pretty event buildings into my city!
Unfortunately, due to Inno's laziness, I can't because I don't want to perma-deleting all these beautiful & hard-earned 'one-time-only' available buildings within 4-5 weeks of placing them. :(