• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blueprints Please!

• Thread starter DeletedUser16995
  • Start date

Pheryll

Set Designer
Depending what exactly you mean by refresh, I think they might have to offer a great deal more than that to be tempting.

By refresh I mean restarting the expiration timer at its original value for its bonus effects. I agree it is not that tempting (every 6 or so 10 chest runs you get a free crusher build) and it does mean reserving space for all those 2x2, but it is a start that would not be significantly game changing and definitely not overpowered. From this start, implementation can expand to more tempting uses. If we start with something that might be seen as overpowered, it may be less enticing for the Elvenar staff to entertain and the can would get kicked down the road. Once the Elvenar staff dabbles into something new, they are more likely to integrate it into the game balance.

bkbajb

"Many players", not "all players". At least, not "this player". :p

My apologies. I should have said some players, especially the ones who want a useful benefit to something that is pretty worthless right now. Thank you for pointing that out.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
By refresh I mean restarting the expiration timer at its original value for its bonus effects......... From this start, implementation can expand to more tempting uses.
I'm curious how many players would go for this or hold out in the hopes of something better. I think that considering what is involved in getting a BP, they should be worth far more than what is essentially a free military event booster building.

Originally Magic buildings could only be upgraded for diamonds, then they added BP. Perhaps the angle we should push is to ask inno to let us upgrade event buildings for diamonds, and once implemented ask for the BP alternative:)

DeletedUser

My apologies. I should have said some players, especially the ones who want a useful benefit to something that is pretty worthless right now. Thank you for pointing that out.

Hey, no problem. I do have a question for you though (well, several, but I'll just ask the one)...

This community building I personally think is a bad idea, but this could be really good.

If the community-designed building offered a way for interested players to gain blueprints, especially those who do not participate in tournaments for whatever reason, or do not buy diamonds, would it be a good idea? :D

hvariidh gwendrot

possibly make these types of items available to trade ? then players would be motivated to help vs why should i if i can't use them thinking..seems like a less code type of fix if developers are trying to increase participation

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Inno isn't lazy with blueprints they just have made other things higher priorities. Its not like we are seen events or other new things occuring regularly, we just see a use for blueprints higher than some other stuff, like FA's :p

Also a temporary solution is such a bad idea, a waste of programming time when a permanent fix to this or something else would be better. Not to mention the outcry and threats that would occur when the temporary fix was removed in favour of the main fix.

I like some of the ideas and can't wait to see what the added uses to the blue print will be. Hopefully before I delete an event building that I would have kept otherwise.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Also a temporary solution is such a bad idea, a waste of programming time when a permanent fix to this or something else would be better. Not to mention the outcry and threats that would occur when the temporary fix was removed in favour of the main fix.

I am not sure which suggestion you are referring to here.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I am not sure which suggestion you are referring to here.

Any temporary solution. The issue is not with what is suggested other than it is temporary. Players hate to have something given and taken away, even more so if that temporary solution ends up as 6-12 months. We get comfortable after a change, eventually, and then don't like to change.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think being able to use a blueprint to renew a military fighting enhancement building is a good idea.
It's better than nothing, but a little too niche imo.
Also, I feel a BP should be worth more than a building that you can easily get 10+ of each event.