• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Book Recommendations

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle I agree. The Bridges of Madison County isn't just a sweet love story either. It really asks the reader to consider the questions of fate, self-control, and sacrifice. I loved it much.

Along those lines there is also an older book I recommended far above in this thread, "Bread and Wine" by Ignazio Silone. And if you really want to stretch yourself, try Puskin, "Eugene Onegin"

AJ
I'm familiar with Pushkin from my youth. I took a semester of Russian language and always loved the classics ... not that I could read Eugene in Russian. I never got that far. I did read the translation, however, being a sucker for poetry. But I've never read Bread and Wine. I'll google it; thanks!

Lille Kraake

You said the longer, the better, but I actually recommend a very short one - Exegesis, by Astro Teller (a pen name, btw.) When I worked at Waldenbooks as a 20 year old, I was shelving new books and came across it. We only ever got the single copy, and I bought it. That book blew my mind. To tell you anything about it would be spoilery, and I am not exaggerating. Don't look it up except to find and read it. It's a thin, black book. Enjoy.