• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Boost revenue with Aesthetics gamers can get behind

Jianju

If you ask me the best way to make money is to do what Maple Story did, sell non-game-affecting, just-for-looks items that look cute or cool and don't cost a lot of cash so people loosen their pocket purses more easily. It was called the Cash Shop in Maple Story. My brother would spend hours in the cash shop putting different outfits on his female character (hey, she was insanely cute, all the other players were jeally).

So concept adapted to Elvenar:

Different maps you can buy for your city location (just change the bg graphic of the map)
New/different villager skins (for the little villagers walking around)
Specialty Avatar pics
Specialty menu theme for your game interface (similar to different gmail themes)
Pretty wilderness structures you can place in the unsettled areas of your city map. (Enhances the visual appeal of your screen without effecting gameplay)
Different fonts or colors (similar system used by Minecraft's Hypixel server) for Fellowship chat.
Different emojis made available for fellowship chat

Moho

Chef
Different maps you can buy for your city location (just change the bg graphic of the map)
New/different villager skins (for the little villagers walking around)
Specialty Avatar pics
Specialty menu theme for your game interface (similar to different gmail themes)
Pretty wilderness structures you can place in the unsettled areas of your city map. (Enhances the visual appeal of your screen without effecting gameplay)
Different fonts or colors (similar system used by Minecraft's Hypixel server) for Fellowship chat.
Different emojis made available for fellowship chat
I am pretty sure they have discussed these things and reached the conclusion that average Elvenar players would spend their money on something else.

NightshadeCS

I like this idea, and it has been suggested before. Just search the Forum for "skins" and you will probably find a few.

Personally, I don't think there is a loser side to this for Inno. As has been suggested previously, they could start by simply offering the look of one building of an identical size and shape as another. Should be relatively easy coding (maybe, I lack expertise there). And if some people buy it, yay! More revenue for Inno and less nerfing of everything to try and induce people to buy diamonds.

Lemon Wren

I would love to not have every single residence look exactly the same and would pay a reasonable amount for skins to add some variety.

My other game is Elderscrolls Online and I drop cash every month in the Crown Store for housing items. It's all purely cosmetic.