• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Boosted Relics

DeletedUser54

It seems everyone is trying to trade for the same goods. This suggests that all the players have the same boosted goods. Does this game randomly pick the boosted goods for each player? The trading is basically useless as it is now. What do you think?

DeletedUser684

I posted a thread "New Player Sandbox" suggestion that would address a lot of the neighborhood and trading issues. Positive feedback on that might send the suggestion to the developers.

I noticed that a lot of people horde or purchase their own boosted goods in order to speed upgrades to their factories. The higher level goods production buildings require a lot of their own resource in order to build it. It would be better, I think, if they had to trade their boosted good for the other two in order to get the upgrade. Just a thought.

DeletedUser684

I'm saying that if the problem didn't exist in the first place, it would make purges much less necessary. That is what the other thread is about. Do I need to post a link? It's in the same folder as this one.

Oh, sorry, I'm getting my topics confused... but this is still part of the same problem. If trade partners were closer together, there would be a lot more variety to choose from. The topic that I referred to is an idea to eliminate the abandoned positions by not putting them on the main map immediately. That would mean that only ACTIVE players make it onto the main map, and that would resolve all of the trade issues.

I was also saying that I have noticed a lot of people with boosted goods are trading for their own boosted good. This is probably only an issue at a transitional stage of development, and I think that the OPs problem is just bad luck with who happens to be active close to him. The actual positions probably have a very even distribution of trade goods. The ACTIVE people may all be trading the same thing... just bad luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser511

Dude you dont use boosted goods for upgrade finishing. It takes Diamonds.

DeletedUser

@xaviersxmen - I think you misread something. He's not talking about hurrying a build order but rather the steps where the next upgrade to your X manufactury takes more X than you currently have (because you've been trading it away to get Y and Z).

DeletedUser684

@xaviersxmen - I think you misread something. He's not talking about hurrying a build order but rather the steps where the next upgrade to your X manufactury takes more X than you currently have (because you've been trading it away to get Y and Z).

right-o. They have to trade back for their own boosted good because they traded away too much, and then find out the next upgrade takes 500 more than they have. It's just speculating though, for why everyone is posting a need for the same goods. The answer to the OP's question is that it is unfortunate if all of the active remaining players in your neighborhood have the same boosted goods. They are not distributed unevenly initially, but the players who remain may not be evenly distributed. A better way to tell is to actually visit the people who are trading in your neighborhood. It is pretty easy to tell, usually, which TG they are boosted in. Or you can send them a note, let them know your boosts, and ask them what they are boosted in. Make a list. People who communicate tend to have more fun and stick around. Above all, be encouraging.

If you are on a new server or are a new position, many of your neighbors may not have researched trading yet. Some people go really slowly, some people build as fast as they can. I just joined on the new server, so I went from new position to rank 75-ish in 3-4 days. I have around 5 people near me who have researched trade, but there are at least a dozen who show signs of activity but who can't trade yet. It may be weeks before they get there, or they may give up before they do. The game is more interesting once you start connecting and communicating with people.

DeletedUser626

I'm happy to have some traders around. and hopeful it will get better with fellowships
but i can see where the original poster is coming from (see attached)

Attachments

• plank fest pg1.JPG
    plank fest pg1.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 80
  • plank fest pg 2.JPG
    plank fest pg 2.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 80
  • plank fest pg 3.JPG
    plank fest pg 3.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 82
  • plank fest pg 4.JPG
    plank fest pg 4.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 78

DeletedUser511

Yeah its a waste of time going through them. You shouldnt be able to put a no star trade at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is what I think, and this is coming from an real old gamer...lol :)...As you play the game the server is constantly keeping track of your goods that you have on hand, not only yours but everyone's, with that said, what the developers have in mind is to keep the game fair for everyone, keep the trades to a level where everyone gets a chance to buy...if your goods don't sell you do have the option of getting them back, once you get them back wait till the numbers have gone down and then try selling again, you'll enjoy the game more at times. What I have an issue with on trading is I find a lot of the same items being sold twice by the same person, you need to go back and look at the trading and if you have more than one trade for you item delete it, don't make people waste their time and make the number of trades increase, and if you think it'll make it easier for someone to buy your trade, I avoid those trades.

DeletedUser684

I find a lot of the same items being sold twice by the same person, you need to go back and look at the trading and if you have more than one trade for you item delete it, don't make people waste their time and make the number of trades increase, and if you think it'll make it easier for someone to buy your trade, I avoid those trades.

I do this intentionally. A lot of people post trades for big lots, but if you don't have a lot of goods to trade you won't pick it up even if you need it. For instance, if I need 60 planks, I split it into 4 trades of 15 planks, because (especially in a young area of the map) it is much more likely for the trades to be picked up for 15 planks than if I post 1 trade for 60 planks. I also am willing to pay the trade cost for the buyer on my boosted goods, instead of insisting that they pick it up themselves. Most people aren't willing to trade at a loss, and so the 50% penalty trades just sit there. I post 30 goods for 20, so that when other people see the trade in the list, it shows up as 30 for 30. My goods get traded quickly, and I am able to build my upgrades without skipping a beat. Other people's goods sit there for days. Posting multiple trades of the same thing is a valid strategy. You have to assess the needs of the area and adjust your trades accordingly. In my area NO ONE is discovered in my trade list, so I have to post trades at a loss if I want them to move quickly. My area is green, so I split large lots into smaller ones that people are able to pick up. If/When I get heavy hitters in my list, I can adjust my trade strategy.

DeletedUser

Green. As in new growth, young, inexperienced. See also: wet behind the ears.

DeletedUser

Ok just checking only been playing 2 months and when you discover or scout the background is then green I ws just wondering if when you get further along the closer villages get to go another color