• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Boosted Steel Players at a Big Disadvantage in Mermaids Quest System

DeletedUser24016

I am a boosted steel player and I find that those who have marble or planks have an advantage on this new quest system.
And actuality there has always been a disadvantage for steel players but this new system makes it worse.

Its because steel buildings need 4 spaces while the others need only 2. So when we place extra level 1 buildings to complete the tasks faster can only place half as many buildings. This is especially a problem with the new system because we no longer know when we're going to get a certain task. And a bigger problem is getting the same task 2 or more times.

I'm on the 57 coral quests and so far I've had the 2 day quest twice and the 1 day quest twice.
I at least have room for a dozen extra steel buildings but if I had marble or planks it would be 24.
Meanwhile those with less space to spare are even worse off.

Either change it so players can use any buildings or make it so steel players need only half as much.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You must play as an elf. Humans only have one factory that starts out needing only 2 squares: marble. Both human planks and steel start out at 4 squares. And, yes, I notice the difference. I only play as an elf in 2 cities, one is boosted marble, the other is boosted steel. While I'm on the 64 coral quests in both cities, my marble boost is far ahead in number of corals collected thus far.

Deleted User - 312108

Agreed - Human Planks & Steel require 2 squares as well as Elven Steel. It would be nice to see the buildings of similar size at least for the first levels then at they can vary.
Also - do the traders ever become equivalent in size as well?

DeletedUser24016

Well the latest changes to manufacturing in quest events are a complete screwup in general terms, it also did only a little to fix my original complaint. For elves who are below chapter 10 its still better to have wood or marble as your boosted goods then steel.