• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Broken Rune Shards should have more uses (Possible Ideas)

Which ideas do you think would be a good idea in concept (the quantities are not the question)

• Total voters

DeletedUser20912

This is more a conversation starter with some concrete examples for criticism (basically to be modified or agreed with).
Not all of these ideas will work together. Some of these ideas are different variants of the same idea. Some of these ideas are other peoples ideas put into a list (this thread is the list) and/or modified a bit.

BR=Broken Rune Shard(s) (for those that don't know)

1. Enable BR to be disenchanted, say 50 (or 25 which would be 50 for level 5 MA) SF each (maybe less).

2. Enable crafting SF in the MA using BR (a variant of idea 1).

3. Enable crafting CC in the crafting menu using BR, say 5 BR for 1 CC.

4. Enable crafting goods out of BR, say 25 tier 3 goods worth (that is 100 tier 2 or 400 tier 1).

5. Make a new crafting building that is of size 2x2 for a random size. This building could be an AW. This would allow more crafting recipes without making it take way too long for the one you want/need.
a) This would work well with the other crafting recipes in the list.
b) This could/would have different recipes than in the MA.
c) This idea would need a lot more examination to be implemented.
d) This building could have far more crafting capabilities (that is it could use supplies and coins in combination with BR, and it could accept KP in crafting).
e) This would enable supplies and coins to be used in crafting with BR, and/or CC and/or SF.
f) This would enable KP to be used in crafting with BR, and/or CC and/or SF.
g) This would enable crafting with relics (useful more for old player rather than new).

6. Enable BR to be used to craft relics. This would be more useful for new players rather than old. No clue for quantity conversions.

Please suggest any ideas you have that I may have missed. I may add them to this list.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
1,2, and 3 are pretty solid.
4. doesn't work unless scaled by chapter (I make over 100,000 T3 per day, 25 means nothing to me)
5. sounds like just a place for a bunch of new recipes. Simpler would be to add those recipes to MA and have the MA display 6,8,10 or 12 at a time.
6. as you said only help beginners, and it's advanced players who have the problem with constantly wasting BR

DeletedUser12171

What I would actually like is a hammer to break rune shards I don't want

DeletedUser20912

1,2, and 3 are pretty solid.
4. doesn't work unless scaled by chapter (I make over 100,000 T3 per day, 25 means nothing to me)
5. sounds like just a place for a bunch of new recipes. Simpler would be to add those recipes to MA and have the MA display 6,8,10 or 12 at a time.
6. as you said only help beginners, and it's advanced players who have the problem with constantly wasting BR
4. could be made to scale with chapter or town hall.
5. it would work to add them to the MA. The MA could also have another new crafting menu for the new recipes and make it so you could have a new recipe and the normal recipes at the same time.

Risen Malchiah

I'm not a fan of an additional building for crafting as I wouldn't want to repeatedly check multiple locations to see what's available to craft. (However I *am* a fan of separating the Blueprint>RR conversion and putting that into a new dedicated tab in the Builder's Hut.)

I like the idea of using coins/supplies/KP as crafting materials though coins might be too effortless for many players.

Ultimately though, any broken rune "solution" where luck is a factor doesn't really work since it wouldn't be available when it's needed. We should be able to do something with them any time we need, or whenever they max out. Whether that means increasing the limit, disenchanting them, forging normal rune shards (even without a rune circle), a mixture of all three, or something entirely new, I don't know.

DeletedUser20912

I'm not a fan of an additional building for crafting as I wouldn't want to repeatedly check multiple locations to see what's available to craft. (However I *am* a fan of separating the Blueprint>RR conversion and putting that into a new dedicated tab in the Builder's Hut.)

I like the idea of using coins/supplies/KP as crafting materials though coins might be too effortless for many players.

Ultimately though, any broken rune "solution" where luck is a factor doesn't really work since it wouldn't be available when it's needed. We should be able to do something with them any time we need, or whenever they max out. Whether that means increasing the limit, disenchanting them, forging normal rune shards (even without a rune circle), a mixture of all three, or something entirely new, I don't know.
The coins and supplies would never be used as the sole crafting ingredient; they would be used with BR and/or CC and/or SF.
As for another building it could be replaced by another tab in the MA and it could also be that those crafts could be constant.

SoggyShorts

also be that those crafts could be constant.
That's an interesting add on.

5 random crafting recipes and 5 static ones. I really like it!
Ultimately though, any broken rune "solution" where luck is a factor doesn't really work since it wouldn't be available when it's needed. We should be able to do something with them any time we need, or whenever they max out.
while I agree, perhaps another way to improve the chances of getting the recipe you need would be to group them into 5 or 10 sets like this:
crafting 2.0.png

Either 10 boxes, or if that's no good due to mobile space, combine the ones that are on top of eachother e.g. timers and relics together

Risen Malchiah

Either 10 boxes, or if that's no good due to mobile space, combine the ones that are on top of eachother e.g. timers and relics together
Not just mobile space. When I play on my laptop, screen real estate is at a premium and I already can't see the 4th quest (the normal repeatable ones) whenever there's an event and I can't select T6 goods in the drop down boxes in the trader unless I reduce the size of the page in the browser.

If they were combined, that might work well, though it would prevent us from being to craft more than 1 troop buff and/or portal profits when they show up, but perhaps the math would work out and they would appear more often? I'd ultimately find slots 2 and 4 and your example useless and only ever craft what appears in slots 1 & 5 with the occasional rainbow cage when nothing else appears.

SoggyShorts

When I play on my laptop, screen real estate is at a premium
Ahh I only play at 2 extremes: 55" TV or phone.:p

perhaps the math would work out and they would appear more often?
Current odds of anything is 5 in 91 or about 1 in 18
Crafting 2.0 would have
1,2,4,5 have a 1 in 17 chance
3. has a 1 in 20
So very close to current odds about 7% better chances those outside column 3
staying at 5 boxes doesn't do a lot to solve the issue that the BR recipe will not be there when you need it, so perhaps have 5 with 2 tabs? Or arrows to switch on mobile like choosing barracks/TG/Merc troops in the tournament?

DeletedUser20912

That's an interesting add on.

5 random crafting recipes and 5 static ones. I really like it!

while I agree, perhaps another way to improve the chances of getting the recipe you need would be to group them into 5 or 10 sets like this:
View attachment 5314
It could work but other problems could arise.
Not just mobile space. When I play on my laptop, screen real estate is at a premium and I already can't see the 4th quest (the normal repeatable ones) whenever there's an event and I can't select T6 goods in the drop down boxes in the trader unless I reduce the size of the page in the browser.

If they were combined, that might work well, though it would prevent us from being to craft more than 1 troop buff and/or portal profits when they show up, but perhaps the math would work out and they would appear more often? I'd ultimately find slots 2 and 4 and your example useless and only ever craft what appears in slots 1 & 5 with the occasional rainbow cage when nothing else appears.
The Idea of another tab may be the better solution than making 10 options at once, and I did think of 10 options at once when I was first thinking of how to do it. I found that it would reduce problems with a new tab. The reason I thought of a new building (which would make another location to look at the other/new recipes) is because it would reduce the amount on the screen at once.

Dopeykr

Since the latest update, the crafting section has had 6 recipes that use the broken shard instead of the combining catalyst.