• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Broken shards

Tosyda

Idea for a new core building:
Some sort of factory where we can turn our broken rune shards into runes of our choice. Probably only for AWs a player has currently in place. Would be great in later chapters when there are long stretches between having an AW in the rune stage. Preferrably a small buliding like the builders hut that does not require many upgrades. It would reduce the waste of broken shards very nicely .

OIM20

questions (just trying to get more detail):
  • Would upgrades only be available via diamonds (like the BH and MA)?
  • Would upgrades cause the desired shard to be 'fused' more quickly?
  • What would be the time constraints on the building producing shards if this is so? Would they be identical to the MA times? (allows for transfer of code; possibly easier on devs)
  • How would the building initially be made available to the player?
    • Through research tree? (like MA)
    • Through purchase with diamonds, like culture buildings?
    • As an event building only available if you get all of the artifacts during the event (in place of the profile picture)?
    • As a building in the top Spire chest?
  • If the last two of above are considered, would the player be able to have more than one of these, like culture buildings purchased with diamonds? What constraints would be placed on the building should players be able to have multiples? (diamond buildings cannot be upgraded with RRs; Genies, the last event building with the broken shards every 36 hours, military buildings, etc. cannot be stored and expire)
  • Would the building be something that could be stored? BH and MA cannot be, of course.
  • Would the building be eligible for NH, like BH is - another way to decrease the amount of time required to fuse shards? (Side note: could this option cause problems with transfer of MA time code? MA not able to receive NH....)
I like the idea, just mulling over different aspects that would need to be answered to make this a reality. :)

Tosyda

I am just a regular player who has been in the game for about 3 years, so this is just a suggestion not a well planned out idea. I would leave that to those much better at it than I. Simpler is better though.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I am just a regular player who has been in the game for about 3 years, so this is just a suggestion not a well planned out idea. I would leave that to those much better at it than I. Simpler is better though.
Don't be discouraged. When people don't like your idea, they will bury you with instructions about the "proper" way to present a suggestion!
:cool: Chewing on it like a rag doll is a good thing.

defiantoneks

i'd be happy to just add this to the enchantment crafting tab. 10 shards+a catalyst+4hrs = a rune.
there would have to be some development to allow us to store a "blank" rune that we could call up when inserting to our chosen AW, maybe attached in the "forge rune" area is now.

Zoof

I'm not entirely sure the devs would go for adding something to converting the broken shards to an actual rune you can touch, feel, taste, and feed into an AW as KP. That sounds like too much work, though it'd be awesome if they did it. More KP for more fun!

I'd also be happy with something much easier to throw together, like raising the cap of broken shards to something like 100 or infinity. I'd rather the latter so I can endlessly stockpile them and sleep on the pile like a real Zoof instead of actually using them on a hypothetical pile of AWs still on their rune phase. AWs that also have hypothetically been defaced by the roving bands of orcs. Or re-faced? Not sure what to make of those poorly-drawn sad faces in what I'm going to believe is red paint or strawberry jam.

Sprite1313

I really like this idea, so I am going to assume this is your approval for the rest of us to go to town shaping it out?

I think this is a pretty tasty rag doll. Lots of potential. :D The KP recipe doesn't come up often enough in the MA for me to use all of the gazillion broken shards I get through tourney.

• Would upgrades only be available via diamonds (like the BH and MA)?
  • Would upgrades cause the desired shard to be 'fused' more quickly?
My suggestion would be to set it up like the MA - upgrades give you more slots that produce faster, and not eligible for NH. That should make the coding easier to translate.

How would the building initially be made available to the player?
  • Through research tree? (like MA)
  • Through purchase with diamonds, like culture buildings?
  • As an event building only available if you get all of the artifacts during the event (in place of the profile picture)?
  • As a building in the top Spire chest?

I think it would be hard to insert into research at this point. It wouldn't become available until, what, chapter 21 maybe? I'm assuming they are well into the coding that far ahead (but might be wrong). I think it would be easiest to add it to the basic buildings tab and treat it like a premium building. I think making it an event building would be a tougher sell. Limiting it to one should make it an easier sell, as well. And is still reasonable. Assuming you could have five slots working on a max building, that should enable you to use a lot of broken shards (assuming a ratio of 10:1 like you get in the rune phase of an AW.

I'd also be happy with something much easier to throw together, like raising the cap of broken shards to something like 100 or infinity.
LOL, I'd be pretty happy with that, too. Especially since they have added broken shards as event prizes in chests. Bleh. That just means I get nothing when that is what I "win". This would at least let me keep what I have won.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Don't be discouraged. When people don't like your idea, they will bury you with instructions about the "proper" way to present a suggestion!
And if other players really like your idea, the community managers in the other markets won't. I think the whole thing is set up to be an exercise in learning how to accept disappointment and failure. They're like trying to build up our character traits so we can withstand the interview for the Social Media Coordinator position with the Banshee.

crackie

:eek: And who is convincing whom to interview for that position? :p
It’s a conspiracy, I tell ya! “They” are all in on it!!! The community manager of Tongo, people who make purple ice cream, the guy that decided to nerf our Mystery Object chests, the extraterrestrials…I can go on! That’s why the social media position is so hard to fill. Everyone resists character building! Nobody is qualified to coordinate media that socializes.

able99

I am glad you took the initiative and made a suggestion. All the schemes seem to complicated, especilly since the capability already exists.
10 broken Shards = ability to Forge any Shard you like.
If you are suggesting its too many broken Shards and it should only be 5, and you put that to a vote, I predict almost everyone will vote yes.
I also predict there is no way Developers would go for it.

Sprite1313

I am glad you took the initiative and made a suggestion. All the schemes seem to complicated, especilly since the capability already exists.
10 broken Shards = ability to Forge any Shard you like.
If you are suggesting its too many broken Shards and it should only be 5, and you put that to a vote, I predict almost everyone will vote yes.
I also predict there is no way Developers would go for it.
Except that I can only do that when I happen to have an AW in the rune phase. For the majority of the time I lose 30+ broken shards per week from tourney, plus whatever I end up getting in events. That's more than 1500 broken shards lost every year. That is a lot of wasted resources - and something I win fighting in the tournament, which the game does not allow me to keep.

I agree that increasing our storage capacity for broken shards would be easier, but I don't think this is a bad idea.

If we want something simpler - add another slot to the MA that allows for shard crafting. Still solves the problem.

able99

Inno just added a new use for all the shard we get, ie they are worth 15 kp each if you donate them to an other members AW, or 10 kp if you put it into your own AW.
I've been been taking advantage of this new feature and leveling up all my AW's. The only time you experience the broken shards is when you are using them fill the wheel every fifth level up. That actually cost less shards than needing to add 1000 kp in higher level AW's.
You should not be wasting 1500 shards per year.

Raccon

And if other players really like your idea, the community managers in the other markets won't. I think the whole thing is set up to be an exercise in learning how to accept disappointment and failure. They're like trying to build up our character traits so we can withstand the interview for the Social Media Coordinator position with the Banshee.
I'm confused, is this Banshee the same friendly mage in the game?
Screenshot_20220301-131642_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Zoof

Inno just added a new use for all the shard we get, ie they are worth 15 kp each if you donate them to an other members AW, or 10 kp if you put it into your own AW.
I've been been taking advantage of this new feature and leveling up all my AW's. The only time you experience the broken shards is when you are using them fill the wheel every fifth level up. That actually cost less shards than needing to add 1000 kp in higher level AW's.
You should not be wasting 1500 shards per year.
You gain both "rune shards" and "broken shards" during a tournament, especially if you go all six rounds across more than 10 tents in the following fashion:

Round 1: 2 broken shards and one rune shard.
Round 2: 2 broken shards and 1 rune shard.
Round 3: 2 broken shards and 1 rune shard, plus 1 rune shard for each tent at and after 10.
Round 4: 1 broken shard and 2 rune shards.
Round 5: 1 broken shard and 2 rune shards.
Round 6: 1 broken shard and 2 rune shards, plus 1 broken shard and 1 rune shard for each tent at and after 10.

Gaining more than 30 is very common for players who run more than 30 tents for all six rounds (granted, this isn't something most people can do to begin with, but still). There just aren't enough ways to burn the "broken shards" fast enough to avoid slamming into the 10 broken shard limit. Unless you have a whole pile of Ancient Wonders sitting there staring balefully at you with their rune phasedness. Which used to not be the case. Still might not be.

(~30 broken shards /1wk) * (52 wk/1yr) = ~1560 broken shards per year.

I'll give you that it's horrendously wasteful to not wait on tourney to keep on going with your newfound sweet, sweet upgrading frenzy. Not so wasteful and more impatient if you're actually stuck with all your AWs stuck in rune phase.

EDIT: Many times to improve clarity and consistency. English is painful. And it's the only language I know!
EDIT2: Modified the math for proper and consistent unit conversions. Apparently math is also painful, and that was my best subject!

Last edited:

Sprite1313

I'll give you that it's horrendously wasteful to not wait on tourney to keep on going with your newfound sweet, sweet upgrading frenzy. Not so wasteful and more impatient if you're actually stuck with all your AWs stuck in rune phase.

Yes, that would be less than fun. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view), I have never had to dally in the rune phase for AWs. So, my excess broken shards were a problem before the new frenzy with rune shards for KP, and I suspect I will still be a problem after the frenzy has died down and calm is restored to AW threads (whichever method an FS might use). That might be because of the way I upgrade my AWs, or it might be because I also had tons of rune shards and so never got stuck. Then you add events where one of the prizes you get from a chest is 10 broken shards, and you win that three rolls in a row. Yippee! :confused: There's 30 more broken shards that don't get added to my inventory, because my bar is almost perpetually full.

True, the full 1560 is probably a slight exaggeration; maybe 1350 or so is closer. But, I would still love to be able to take my broken shards and convert them to rune shards whenever I want. Especially as there are expiring buildings that also give broken shards. The KP frenzy has actually enabled me to burn through MORE broken shards. I was able to level up AWs more quickly and get to the rune phase. I timed it so my broken shards got me through the majority of a rune phase. Once the frenzy has died down, there will again be a lot of time in between AW upgrades. It takes a while to get 4-5K KP into an AW.

You should not be wasting 1500 shards per year
Well, like so many resources, rune shards don't have a hard cap. Broken shards, like coins and supplies, have a cap. Once you hit it, you can't collect more. But the game has provided us ways to burn off our coins and supplies. No such suitable mechanism exists for broken shards. True, there are recipes to convert them to AWKP, but those come infrequently, and are in competition with so many other things we need to craft. And they are used in the rune phases of AWs, but those are infrequent enough that you collect a lot of excess broken shards in between. The OP provided an option by which we could consume excess broken shards more readily so we are not unnecessarily wasting a game resource.

English is painful. And it's the only language I know!
LOL. Ain't that the truth.

defiantoneks

LOL, I'd be pretty happy with that, too. Especially since they have added broken shards as event prizes in chests. Bleh. That just means I get nothing when that is what I "win". This would at least let me keep what I have won.

i've previously suggested getting those "prizes" as a packet like the troop instants. then we could keep in inventory until we want to use them.alas, no enthusiastic support so it went down the crapper, i assume.

crackie

Gaining more than 30 is very common for players who run more than 30 tents for all six rounds (granted, this isn't something most people can do to begin with, but still).
Buddy will help you!!!

I'm confused, is this Banshee the same friendly mage in the game?
First, I've never heard anyone refer to a Banshee as a "friendly mage". Buddy and Blossom are friendly mages! But no, I think this other Banshee is like a shady off-the-books, expensive research gone wrong, escaped from the Lab evil twin Banshee that helya is grooming to be a forum mod. See, normally helya is very nice and sweet and all "Yay, snacks! nom nom nom." But when she's around the evil Banshee, things get really dark!!! Then she's all, "I will drink the blood of my fallen enemies and tears of broken dreams." And then she watched us literally trip over ourselves and burn a house down while she munched on snacks outside! I don't think the friendly mage in the game is whispering sinister thoughts into people's ears. Is she???