• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Brown Bear...how are the bonus troops delivered?

ElfGunn

I fed my Stage 2 BB for the first time today. How are the bonus troops delivered? Are they lumped in with the barracks units, or do they appear at the BB? I'm not sure that I actually got any bonus troops.

Does the BB only work on the barracks, or also on the training grounds and Merc camp?

StarLoad

It adds the troops to all you collect by the % indicated and yes all three camps.

As for checking you should see the bonus troops if you hover on them in the browser version, Mobile I dont know

Huor

They are placed in the army camp. On the app you have to collect them to know. We don't get the preview the browser does. The ones I have collected can only be trained in the mercenary camp and I don't have that yet so I try really hard not to get them killed. lol.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If I remember correctly, though, if you feed your brown bear when your troop queue's are full, they don't update automatically. Thus, you have to empty them and then reload the slots. When you do that they then update to the new, boosted amounts. I keep my slots full and thus, if I forget a good deal of my feeding is wasted as they continue cranking out the troops at the old levels until the slots are refilled.

At least that's how I remember it. I so seldom feed my brown bear now that I'm not sure I'm remembering right. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure somebody will correct me. They always do! :D

AJ

ElfGunn

If I remember correctly, though, if you feed your brown bear when your troop queue's are full, they don't update automatically. Thus, you have to empty them and then reload the slots. When you do that they then update to the new, boosted amounts. I keep my slots full and thus, if I forget a good deal of my feeding is wasted as they continue cranking out the troops at the old levels until the slots are refilled.

At least that's how I remember it. I so seldom feed my brown bear now that I'm not sure I'm remembering right. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure somebody will correct me. They always do! :D

AJ

Yes, I think I forgot to empty the queues and refill, the first time. Later I added to the queues, and the extra troops were included.

mikeledo

When using the Brown bear, feed it in the morning before you pull your troops so all those troops accumulated overnight have that extra 50% (or how many brown bears you have as it is additive). What you see in larger cities are many armories. This allows them to collect troops for a longer period of time before pulling them and maximizing their use of the brown bear on their initial pull. It also allows them to use 14 hr and sometimes 20 hour time instants when making troops.

Gkyr

Chef
When I fed my lvl 1 brown bear, it took 2:09 to make one blossom mage in the mercenary camp. After the brown bear expired in 12 hours, it still took 2:09 to make one blossom mage. What am I not understanding?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
When I fed my lvl 1 brown bear, it took 2:09 to make one blossom mage in the mercenary camp. After the brown bear expired in 12 hours, it still took 2:09 to make one blossom mage. What am I not understanding?
Ahm
It's not very powerful, for one thing. But you could be hitting the same cache issue as Samido did. Try logging out and back in.

mikeledo

It does not change the time to make troops, you just make 50% more troops. The difference would be on the first pull. If you have say 5 armories, you might have 5 squads ready to pull, giving you 7.5 squads. If you had 9 armories you could have up to 9 squads ready to pull giving you 14.5 squads. Now the difference would be is that you started the 9 armories at a much earlier time, letting them grow. There are folks with 20+ armories that let their troops grow 1-2 days before they use the bear (s) and pull them. They save on time instants.

Gkyr

Chef
I don't understand at all. I will just have to waste some pet food and figure it out. Number of armories increases batch size. Have four armories but five slots in the barracks. Dont see mercenary camp or training grounds affected by brown bear.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If you're on browser and hover over stack in the slots, you will see the breakdown of the stack size. There is a number called "Collection Bonus". That is how many extra troops you get from Brownie. What @mikeledo is saying is if you have all these extra armories, you can extend your production queue to days and even weeks. You just let them accumulate and don't collect for a looooooong time. Then before you do, you feed Brownie and voila! Instant 50% (level 10) on top of a week's worth of troops all on one pet feed.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

AJ
Not true. I feed my brown bear before I collect from the barracks, merc camp and training grounds in the morning, so that I get a lot more troops that way. So never, ever empty your slots before feeding the brown bear. You lose a great deal of troops that way.

Actually, with any resource in this game, make sure you use the resources (pet food, magical spells) just before collecting, not after.

ajqtrz

Not true. I feed my brown bear before I collect from the barracks, merc camp and training grounds in the morning, so that I get a lot more troops that way. So never, ever empty your slots before feeding the brown bear. You lose a great deal of troops that way.

Actually, with any resource in this game, make sure you use the resources (pet food, magical spells) just before collecting, not after.

I probably wasn't clear. By "clearing the slot" I don't mean "collect before feeding." Once the troops are created the slot is automatically cleared so collecting has no impact on the slots in the queue waiting to be produced. The only slot where clearing the slot might be a problem is the first one where the troops are already being produced. If you clear that you lose the troops but it may still be worth it if you just started production...though usually not. However. clearing any of the other queue slots with troops waiting to be produced effects your troops count not in the least because they haven't yet been produced. So, what I meant to say is that the slots in the queue that haven't started yet should be cleared AFTER you apply the pet food to your brown bear, and then refilled so the number of troops waiting to be created in ech slot is maximized. Otherwise the number waiting in each slot remains at the lower number applicable BEFORE you fed your brown bear. Hopefully this clarifies what I meant.

Now as for collecting, if I'm right and the queue slots don't automatically update when you feed your bear, wouldn't it also mean that the number of troops ready to collect would not increase either? It seems reasonable to me that such would be the case. Thus, feeding the brown bear just before collection would have no effect on the number of troops collected. I'm sure, and have always assumed that the feed before collection strategy actually increased the troops collected but now that I think about it, I've never actually checked. Has anybody?

It gets down to a question of if the coding for production reads the number displayed or some other adjusted number and when it applies the adjustment. If I feed the bear, does some internal number get adjusted but not the display (a bug, perhaps?), or does the queue slot reflect some internal number that is used to determine how long that slot runs to produce the displayed number of troops? In other words, the internal number may be right (or not) but the display of what is going to be produced, may be off.

When using the Brown bear, feed it in the morning before you pull your troops so all those troops accumulated overnight have that extra 50% (or how many brown bears you have as it is additive). What you see in larger cities are many armories. This allows them to collect troops for a longer period of time before pulling them and maximizing their use of the brown bear on their initial pull. It also allows them to use 14 hr and sometimes 20 hour time instants when making troops.

Great point. In general though, if you don't use your brown bear too often isn't it better to match your queue duration to your usual overnight absence? Here's my thinking:

If my queue is too long It means I've put more armories in place (or whatever way you use to increase your production) and thus some space is being taken that may not be needed. In other words, if I am not a habitual user of my brown bear but, instead, keep my production at the level I need it by collecting more often and keeping the queue slots filled, wouldn't the space needed for more armories be better used for something else?

The overnight -- or, call it "extended" queue length you get by having more armories will certainly contribute a lot more troops when you feed the brown bear right before collecting -- provided the system actually adjusts what has already been produced (see above). But if not, then feeding the bear has no impact on what you collect -- though the extended queue length will have it's impact.

In any case, it may be that the ideal situation is to know the average "extended absence" you will be away each day and to use that as the "target" time for your instants. I'm usually away 8-9 hours so my queues only need to be about 10 hours long for me to maximize my production AND thus, the longest instant I would require or use is the 8 hour one since my queue is never longer (It's usually 12 hours as I speak). Another way might be to use instants just short of the length each of your slots takes to produce. If you need just over 25 hours to produce 5 slots, 5 hour instants (or 20 as a multiple of 5) would be perfect.

AJ

AJ

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The Brown Bear bonus is automatically applied when troops are collected. It does not change the time required to produce the troops or the amount of supplies needed to make them. So hypothetically speaking, say you normally make 1000 Blossom Mages during your 2:09 training time. When you feed your lv 1 Brown Bear, you are going to get a 5% bonus. So you will get 1050 Blossom Mages. Please note that the Brown Bear's effect must be active at the time the troops are collected. If you make a bunch of troops while the Brown Bear is active but forget to collect them before the pet food wears off, then you don't get the bonus.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@ajqtrz You do not need to empty and requeue your barracks after feeding Brownie. All existing slots get an increase in size without added time cost (numbers change to green). However, if Brownie feed time expires, nothing becomes of all those troops still in the production queue and not produced. They just go back to your regular numbers. You only get the extra troops when you collect.

ajqtrz

Okay, I'm wrong, apparently, even if I do remember having to refill the queue. I checked "before" and "after" feeding" and the queue numbers do go up.

Here's my favorite troops before and after.

BlossomMagesbeforefeeding.PNG

And after

BlossomMagesAfterFeeding.PNG

So much for my memory, I guess. OR, they are being sneaky and just to thwart me, have "fixed" the code? LOL!

AJ