• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Brown bear worth ?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
But the polar bear only reduces the cool down timer 20% at lvl 10 (from 16h to 12h 48m). Which is nice, dont get me wrong. But for what im currently doing, the brown bear came first.
Tho the timewarp AW (late in the game) at max level can reduce the cool down timer 80%. I would love to see having both the timewarp and the polar bear capped :p lol
I've based my entire city around this idea. Zero cooldown means getting double the usage out of 5-day buildings and being able to crush out everything with a single login has infinite value to me. I just hope I get enough artifacts to do it.
This was my first thought as well when i realized the polar bear/timewarp combo. This would be amazing to do. The only down side now is inno runs event after event after event which are now heavy on the 'solve x tourney' and 'gain x relics' quests. So id have to slow down in order do those quests.

None the less, id love to see the lvl10 polar bear and lvl30 timewarp in action. Take a video of it! I want to see!

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
"Great minds think alike" as they say :p

@Dominionofgod What I meant to say is that I do the Spire by negotiating entirely, not that I don't do the Spire at all. My mistake. I save troops by catering/negotiating it from top to bottom...well, bottom to top, I guess. That means I use 0 troops and thus, reserve my troops for the tournament. (I also always negotiate provinces, but they are, at my state, quite cheap as they are all medium anyway).

AJ

My condolences then...
I hate negotiating in the spire. Especially the higher up you are. - Dont get me wrong, i understand the system. I get the strategies to maximize your chance of success. But higher up, the amount of goods vs the slots and tries you get become to high imo. Some times i will negotiate on multi wave fights in the unit combo is one i know i wont win against. And sometimes i get negotiations that take 10+ tries, even with understanding the system. I get infuriated when that happens. Feels like such a pointless waste of resources. Especially my supplies and orcs!

I cant imagine trying or wanting to negotiate the whole spire. I feel like that would be like going to Vegas and betting my house on the roulette wheel.. Just.. no.
Id rather fight everything i can. Its only supplies and training time that way.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
perhaps what ajq means is that he negotiates instead of fighting.
it's good to see that auto is that effective. I thought that people would have to do manual to not lose many troops that would not be enough time to retrain again even with brown bear. Although, I just checked elven stats and your city in Elcysandir has been averaging around 2700 points (not counting last week). This is 10 provinces which are 1 and 2 stars enemies. After that the enemy is 3 stars and armies start being bigger, so loses are much larger. First, you send larger armies so 25% loses means more actual loses, and second, around province 30 or so the enemy is double your size, so not sure how effective auto would be.

sry for the triple post.

Iv been averaging that amount of points not entirely by design.. which is weird to say. In the old tourney i did 20-25 provenance (depending on how many i had available) to 2 stars. That way i could get my 1600 points and a ton of kp. After the tourney change that idea was shot to hell for the set up i had at the time. My losses were insane and i stopped.

So now i do 5 stars for my provenance. And i decided at first to stop after #13. Just an arbitrary point. figured that was a decent spot to make sure losses wernt to high. And i just stayed there in all the time since. That got me the same amount of KP i was getting before, but a lot more tourney points. I was doing well past 1600 so i just stayed there doing that. (iv stopped tech tree progress for ages now working on expirable buildings. So iv just been working on kp to my AW's at the same time; boost my military up more.)

But i can do more if needed. You noted the one/two weeks of higher runs. The one week was a gems tourney. Gems was the last relic i had less then 1000 of. And with this tourny relic change coming, i new that might be my last change to gain those specifically. So i went all the way that week.
And ill admit, the higher # prov's were getting harder. The higher star as well. There were a couple that i failed on auto and had to negotiate. But a lot less then i actually thought i would. - I imagine going up to #30 tho would be more likely to fail with my current build. And manual fighting probably would help at that point.
But ill get there one day. Im only at the end of orcs, so plenty more to go.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I cant imagine trying or wanting to negotiate the whole spire. I feel like that would be like going to Vegas and betting my house on the roulette wheel.. Just.. no.
Id rather fight everything i can. Its only supplies and training time that way.

If you went to Vegas and it costs you $1,000 a day to gamble you might find it a bit more than you want to spend. But, no matter what the odds, if that $1,000 was only .00000001% of your income, (or, to use your metaphor, perhaps you own a million homes and want to bet one of them on the roluette wheel) you might not care about the odds so much. The cost of negotiating is relative to the amount you produce. I produce a LOT and thus the cost of negotiating is less, to me, than the cost of the troops I'd spend fighting.

Thus, no condolences needed. It's the best way for ME to do it.

AJ

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
If you went to Vegas and it costs you $1,000 a day to gamble you might find it a bit more than you want to spend. But, no matter what the odds, if that $1,000 was only .00000001% of your income, (or, to use your metaphor, perhaps you own a million homes and want to bet one of them on the roluette wheel) you might not care about the odds so much. The cost of negotiating is relative to the amount you produce. I produce a LOT and thus the cost of negotiating is less, to me, than the cost of the troops I'd spend fighting.

Thus, no condolences needed. It's the best way for ME to do it.

AJ

if you feel its the best way for you to proceed, then by all mean, go ahead with it. I bear no grudge on that lol.

To me... it still seems insanely costly. - And i say that from the view point of my city; where i have taken a break from progressing in the tech tree for probably 2 years now. And i fight nearly all of tourney and spire. So i have accumulated a nice stock pile of goods. Im the guy that just takes all fair trades from anyone in my fs or neighbor for the simple fact that i can.. and i can without any real consequence to me. And despite my stock pile, i still personally view the negotiation cost in spire as far to high to want to do as a regular. - In fact, i just did the 3rd floor of the spire today in the last 2h before spire ended. I had two encounters that fighting was not a good idea, so i negotiated. That alone pissed me off. 3rd floor negotiations cost so damn much usually. I would hate to have to do that every encounter.

Again, ill reiterate, that's my view point for me. If its something that works for you then by all means, run with it. Im just happy to see ppl participating.