• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

brown bear

Nucklehead

Since this years Autumn Zodiac does not drop the bear artifact for the brown bear and the only way I see to get them is to make them in magic academy for 2 moon bear artifacts, is there anyway to get a maxed brown bear this year?
Thanks

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not without buying extra keys with real money. With a bit of good luck, you should get 8 artifacts from the event, plus 2 more from the FA that should come after the event ends. After converting, that makes a level 6 brown bear. Even having awesome luck and winning a bunch of extra keys, you would probably only get enough to get the brown bear to level 7 or 8.

DeletedUser26692

Well that assumes you get to craft a Brown bear in the MA still waiting to see one, but plenty of Frozen flames and Lave Codex

Edit to add ... Valorian Valors and Festival Merchants too
Right! I'm am still waiting on the brown bear too, at least the panda and polar bear came out of there cave and I was able to snag them so they don't show up again. At least we still have a couple of weeks to try. Good luck everybody.

Edited to add... Ask and ye shall receive, the brown bear just popped up in my MA.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Each evolution of the Brown Bear increases production by 5%. The cost is, therefore, matched by a benefit. Is the benefit of a 5% increase in troop production (when fed) worth the cost of earning 2 moon bear artifacts? AND is there level of Brown Bear evolution where the space and costs out weigh that level of improvement. I could see that at levels 1-3 perhaps as the space taken may not be worth it to you. But with a modest amount of effort you should be able to get 8 - 10 moon bear artifacts for a Brown Bear evolution level of 4-5. Since that would be above the "break even" point, to me, I'd go for it.

AJ

BrinDarby

Even a CH3 stage 4 .... BrownBear, gives Vguards, and Frogs.....
@ 9 tiles, its cheap to use RR spells to keep it in current Chapter
and is small even compared to the Golumn, @ 3x3....

I was lucky already to craft a Brown/Polar/Panda Bear during this event.
I am converting all my MoonBear artifacts to Bear ones.... Since I ...LOVE
any bldg that gives troops, my pick will be BrownBear, I cant see a downside.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think I got lucky on this one. I already had the brown bear in inventory along with 3 artifacts for it. I'm up to 6 artifacts now so level 7 brown bear when I put it out. I fully intend to aim for fully evolved. My biggest worry is getting the spells in the MA to convert the new ones to the original ones. They seemed to come up more in the first few days. Could just be that I have bad timing though. I shall see! I've never been sorry for evolving the Panda but have wished many times that I had done both.

Iyapo1

@Deborah M
I was looking at the panda, but I am not understanding the way that bear works. It provides goods every 48 hours. You feed it and it produces xx extra goods...is that xx divided by all different goods it provides or is that an extra xx for each provided good? Also, does the xx provide the extra goods at the end of the 48 hours or immediately? Is it stackable? If you feed it twice do you get 2(xx)?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well that assumes you get to craft a Brown bear in the MA still waiting to see one, but plenty of Frozen flames and Lave Codex

Grab the festival merchants while you can, Ed (provided they produce mana for you). They give double the amount of mana that willows do, per square of space. I have 12 and I wish I had more. Course, I don't know what your level is, so they may not be as useful for you as they are for me.

StarLoad

Grab the festival merchants while you can, Ed (provided they produce mana for you). They give double the amount of mana that willows do, per square of space. I have 12 and I wish I had more. Course, I don't know what your level is, so they may not be as useful for you as they are for me.
Currently I have 7 producing seeds as that is needed more than Mana, for that I still use the mana trees and the winter set of 19 and the Carnival of 19. I am sitting outside of 15 looking in and saying NOOOO WAY

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm up to 6 artifacts now so level 7 brown bear when I put it out. I fully intend to aim for fully evolved.
Do you have an easy time doing 5-6 tournament rounds in your schedule?
The reason I ask is that I'm thinking about going polar bear instead of brown.
Obviously the brown bear is awesome now, but on beta they've changed it so that you produce in the Merc camp&barraccks&training grounds at the same time. With +200% troops, do we really need +50% when collecting for the cost of a pet food?
Also, the new tournaments have shifted the difficulty so that going many provinces to a few stars is way harder and often impossible but doing fewer provinces to 6 stars is much easier.

I can get a level 6 PB and with a reasonable ~4,000 KP investment, I can bring my TW to level 21 from L13. Those together would make my tournament take 4h

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts First, Love seeing you back :D I do have an easy time doing 6 tournament rounds if I want. I'm retired and I have Timewarp up to level 13. I'm not a good one to give a practical answer on the Panda. I built it because I think it's pretty. (I saw you do :rolleyes: in my mind's eye) See, haven't changed much in a year. :cool: I do like the MM spells though since I use Storm chicken when I have a chapter of sentient goods to get through. I've built up my battle AW's so tournament is good when I decide I want to put the effort into doing more. Since I'm tired of getting time instants in the Spire and using them on troops when I want to do well in the Tournament, I still hope the brown bear will help. I still stink at battling since my heart isn't into that. I'm also wondering how much catering I'll do when the tournament changes. I have tons of factories to support my much smaller Fellowship and negotiate the Spire. Glad to hear that take on the # of provinces. I'm one who does pages of 2 rounds in the tournament when I really want KP so I usually only do 6 rounds on the first 10. Adding: I have 8 evolved prizes already and can't even say what they do without looking. I guess I'm really only dependent on my 2 Phoenixes so far.

StarLoad

oh look what I can craft
unicorn.jpg

Well its an animal, so that's a start

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'll probably go with neither until I see how the new tournaments pan out...

I'm really glad to hear your perspective! I think it may be too late for the brown bear to be a silver bullet like I've seen it described so many times. Glad to know so I'm not disappointed when I set it out. Oh Well! I can't even begin to remember how many prizes, sets, etc I've sold off over the years so if this is another one that has to go for space at some point, so be it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Currently I have 7 producing seeds as that is needed more than Mana, for that I still use the mana trees and the winter set of 19 and the Carnival of 19. I am sitting outside of 15 looking in and saying NOOOO WAY
Oh wow, well then you are a lot higher than I am. I just started S and D. Well good luck on that brown bear!