• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

brown bear

Iamaita

And since I was told in a message that I just don't see them or not online and miss them here is the next one
That’s rotten luck. I hope one shows up for you soon. Silver lining is that if you don’t get one you won’t be tempted to spend a gazillion dollars trying to evolve it. I know that’s not much in the way of consolation.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Disenchanting one reduces chances for a different one? I don't see how that makes sense. Plus, how does it know what I want? It would make more sense if it didn't reappear or reappear as often because it knows I already got it. Not following the logic....
Disenchanting that one means that one goes back into the mix of buildings you might be offered. If you craft all the ones you don't want but leave them in your inventory, they will never come up again. That way, you'll increase the chance of seeing the ones you want. For example, if there are 50 single use buildings that you might get in the MA, but you've already got 40 of them in inventory, that means you increase your chances of getting what you want to 1 in 10 instead of 1 in 50. I hope that makes sense, and I know we're not talking 50, but it's just an example.

StarLoad

That’s rotten luck. I hope one shows up for you soon. Silver lining is that if you don’t get one you won’t be tempted to spend a gazillion dollars trying to evolve it. I know that’s not much in the way of consolation.
Still not improved
orcs.jpg

GlamDoll

I hope you get it soon @Ed1960
I finally just had it show up for me
So, there is hope.
IDK what to do with it, but at least I have at my current chapter level now.

Aritra

@Darielle
Thanks. I understand that explanation.
I understand the consequence of disenchanting vs leaving in inventory. Usually I leave things in inventory that I don't need or might not want (undecided) until I need the fragments and disenchant as needed. In the case of that brown bear, I wanted the fragments, but if I wasn't in a hurry for them, I understand the benefit of just leaving it in inventory.

Iamaita

Disenchanting that one means that one goes back into the mix of buildings you might be offered. If you craft all the ones you don't want but leave them in your inventory, they will never come up again. That way, you'll increase the chance of seeing the ones you want. For example, if there are 50 single use buildings that you might get in the MA, but you've already got 40 of them in inventory, that means you increase your chances of getting what you want to 1 in 10 instead of 1 in 50. I hope that makes sense, and I know we're not talking 50, but it's just an example.
So... hypothetically if someone were to place one of these epic evolving beasties and then sell it, would it return to the queue in the magic academy so that this hypothetical person could craft it again? I’m asking for a friend.

Ok, so here’s what Actually happened. I made a fire Phoenix. I was super super super excited about the fire Phoenix because I have coveted that thing so hard ever since I learned of its existence. I was trying to see what it looked like at the next level, but it doesn’t show that in inventory. I also had this vague and seriously misguided notion that there might be a way to evolve it with diamonds. (PSA for any other overzealous noobs out there... there is not.) But instead of doing the intelligent and reasonable thing and just looking it up online to see all its stats at every level and whether or not it could be evolved with diamonds, I just plopped it down in my city thinking I could teleport it back into inventory when I was done playing with it. You can’t use a teleport on a fire Phoenix. I don’t have any way to evolve it at this point. So I don’t know what to do. Leave the giant egg where it is until spring when I may have a chance to evolve it? Sell it and hope it comes back in the MA so I can craft it again? Sit on it and see if I can make the darn thing hatch?

Yes, I know I am ridiculous, but... Seriously guys, what should I do?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So... hypothetically if someone were to place one of these epic evolving beasties and then sell it, would it return to the queue in the magic academy so that this hypothetical person could craft it again? I’m asking for a friend.
Yes, go ahead and delete it if you haven't used any artifacts then you've lost nothing (other than the CC and spell frags)
It'll be back in your crafting rotation.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks, @SoggyShorts and @Ed1960. I‘m super irritated with myself over it. Knowing that it’s not a one shot opportunity makes me feel a bit better.

Just to expand on that a little, any evolving buildings that still show up in Crafting, and the four pieces of the Chess Set, will only show up to craft if you do not have the building either already in your inventory or in your city. So if there is a specific building you are hoping will show up in the building crafting slot, making those will take them out of the rotation and give you a better chance at the other buildings that can show up.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Disenchanting one reduces chances for a different one? I don't see how that makes sense. Plus, how does it know what I want? It would make more sense if it didn't reappear or reappear as often because it knows I already got it. Not following the logic....

Each of the 5 slot has a list of available items that can be put into that slot. When you add the totals of for each slot -- the total chances -- you get 100%. They add up to 100% of the time one of the things on the list will be put into the slot. So, if you have 5 items on the list each would, all things being equal, come up about one out of 5 times. Suppose in that list of things they will offer you have a single instance item. -- one of which you can own only one. If you don't have it in you city or inventory they would offer it. But if you already have one, they wouldn't offer it. Why? Because if they did offer it and you choose to craft it you then have 2 of the items. So, once you have one it's removed from the list of things they might offer in that slot. If the list then, starts with 5, it's now 4.

Our imaginary list started with 5. In that list, let's say, there was the single instance item and another you really want. Each would have a 20% chance of coming up (1 out of 5). Once you built that single instance item they remove it from the list and now there are only 4 things in the list.
The chances of you getting the thing you want offered is now 1 out of 4 or 25% rather than 1 out of 5, or 20%. As long as you keep the single instance item in your city or inventory it won't be put back on the list so the list will remain shorter and your odds of getting the thing you want offered will be better.

However, if you delete or disenchant that single instance item, it's put back on the list and your chances of getting what you want offered, offered, goes down since the list is now longer. That's why you shouldn't delete or disenchant single instance items.

Hope that helps clarify things.

AJ

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Ok, so here’s what Actually happened. I made a fire Phoenix. I was super super super excited about the fire Phoenix because I have coveted that thing so hard ever since I learned of its existence. I was trying to see what it looked like at the next level, but it doesn’t show that in inventory. I also had this vague and seriously misguided notion that there might be a way to evolve it with diamonds. (PSA for any other overzealous noobs out there... there is not.) But instead of doing the intelligent and reasonable thing and just looking it up online to see all its stats at every level and whether or not it could be evolved with diamonds, I just plopped it down in my city thinking I could teleport it back into inventory when I was done playing with it. You can’t use a teleport on a fire Phoenix. I don’t have any way to evolve it at this point. So I don’t know what to do. Leave the giant egg where it is until spring when I may have a chance to evolve it? Sell it and hope it comes back in the MA so I can craft it again? Sit on it and see if I can make the darn thing hatch?

Yes, I know I am ridiculous, but... Seriously guys, what should I do?

It is a difficult choice. Leaving it means 16 squares used with only a 5% (when fed) military boost. Removing it means you'll have to wait for it to come up again. BUT, since it's value is little at this point AND won't be until you gather the artifacts to raise it to a reasonable level -- whatever level you think, "reasonable," -- unless you have a lot of space I think I'd sell it, let it come up in crafting again, and in the mean time look for opportunities to make the necessary artifacts to evolve it to a reasonab;e level. I suspect it will take longer to get the artifacts than to have the thing come up again in crafting. That's my guess, anyway.

AJ

ajqtrz

Does this apply to anything else in the MA.

Each slot has a list of things which can be offered. Thus, if there is a single instance item in the list for that slot, the explanation applies. However, not all slots have such single instant items in their list. I'm not sure, it's somewhere around here, which slots are for what. One is, I think, for military stuff, another for instants of one type or another, and so on. But I'm not sure which items are for which slots. Somebody may have a list....anybody?

AJ

DeletedUser26692

Each slot has a list of things which can be offered. Thus, if there is a single instance item in the list for that slot, the explanation applies. However, not all slots have such single instant items in their list. I'm not sure, it's somewhere around here, which slots are for what. One is, I think, for military stuff, another for instants of one type or another, and so on. But I'm not sure which items are for which slots. Somebody may have a list....anybody?

AJ
There are now 5 slots and 5 categories of recipes.
1. category = time instants only
2. category = relics + pet foods
3. category = coin instants, supplies instants, portal profits
4. category = KPs, AW KPs, rune shards, RRS
5. category = buildings only
Seen this post and an earlier thread I found that it seems to be true.