• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Open | Confirmed Buff/Debuff Rounds Incorrect

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I autofight too and have lost more than I seem to recall I should. I don't keep records but even with 1 ELR, 1 DA, and 1 MMM and my Fire chicken and twilight my troop count seems to be going down faster than I like/expect.

AJ
I had another person report the same problem to me ... losing troops where we never lost them before. It's mind-boggling to me that I would lose troops on the very first province with the number of 5-day buildings I have (a total of 7) and a fire fed.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
This should actually be a top priority issue.
Players will only notice when they fight manually AND pay close attention, but it is safe to assume the same happens in auto-fights where there is no way to check it at all. So anyone who fights using the app has no way of knowing.

With the already pretty lousy performance of troops in autofight it really becomes an issue if multiple special abilities of a player's troops are not functioning /not functioning correctly, resulting in extra losses. It also means that the supposedly best line-up of troops may not be the actual one.
It's like losing a whole promotion on your units. Finally unlocked those 3* troops? Haha, just kidding. They don't really have buff/debuff abilities.

I only autofight but is anyone noticing the fights harder on the tourney this week? I even lost a few (supposedly more powerful) troops in the first province on round two, despite having a fed fire, 1 DA, 2 uuu, 2 light range, and two mage multi buildings out. I also have a level 26 Martial Monastery. That just seems insane to me to lose troops on the first province. I know not to put a weak guy against a strong and all that. So anyone else notice anything?
This bug is over a year old so any sudden changes to the perceived difficulty of tourney, if true, cannot be related to this bug.

Glandeh

Last week and the week before, I felt that way too, but this week seems to be OK for me, both auto and manu fights. Still I would love to see those pesky cheating mistwalkers banned from the game.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'd rather see those mist walkers suddenly switch sides! Wouldn't that be cool? You could have a "superior traitor" instead of a "superior trader" building I would have to cost a lot of course, but there are only two enemies I hate seeing. The mist walkers 'cause they get the first shot, and those dogs because if they strike before your troops (and they have the reach to do so) you are usually fighting 4 against 5 at that point. My blossom mages plus frogs are wonderful unless there is a dog in the enemies. Then I have to switch to something else or lose too many of my prize troops.

AJ

Yogi Dave

I was just looking for this bug report to see how it was resolved. After all, it was reported on May 22, 2022, but I'm not all that surprised that it's still listed as 'confirmed'. Of course, it's a bit scary to think someone will have to go into the fight'en code and fix it. How many other problems will that create? Who do they even have around that has a clue how it works? My guess is 0.
I checked on this for you again today, they have been able to reproduce it reliably and it looks like it might be happening with another unit. Fix is still ongoing. Buddy is not forgotten.
The above was posted Aug. 13, 2022. It sounds to me that Buddy just doesn't matter to them, whoever 'them' might be.

Maybe all the outstanding bug reports will be moved to discord - yeah right and I'll win the lottery 3 times this year.
My blossom mages plus frogs are wonderful unless there is a dog in the enemies.
Both the mages and frogs have a higher initiative than the dogs they bring to tourney and spire. 16 for mage, 8 frog and 7 for their dog. Now for world provs, sometimes they use the same dog as you do which has an initiative of 9.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Can we get anyone @-Solaris- @Elovios to tell us how this was resolved, partially resolved, or ignored? Are they just going to forget about all bugs (that don't lose them money) from now on? Sometimes I get the feeling that we're on our way out the door, and I don't just mean the forum. :(

Actually, that might be a good thing for me. I might actually finish my next novel. But I would like to know what happened with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The above was posted Aug. 13, 2022. It sounds to me that Buddy just doesn't matter to them, whoever 'them' might be.
Def not fixed because I've still seen it happen in the current game. Remember, it affects other units too so it isn’t just about Buddy.
Can we get anyone @-Solaris- @Elovios to tell us how this was resolved, partially resolved, or ignored?
Helya told me they have confirmed it wasn't just a visual bug before she left. At least that meant they worked on it, but prob stuck for all the reasons @Yogi Dave surmised.

If you report a bug on the forum, it becomes public knowledge that at least one user is experiencing an issue. Many times I have seen someone else report a bug and experience it later myself, but I don’t bother submitting a ticket because I know it was already reported and no need to inundate staff with another ticket. Another user can also explain why it isn’t a bug, with future support ticket averted about that topic, taking the burden off staff again. It is also public record which staff confirms or denies it is a bug or not. In the case of it lingering with nobody answering it at all, then it also becomes public knowledge who ain’t doing their jobs and we are being ignored. Imagine that. Accountability. This one was a doozy of a bug, but at least it made it all the way up the chain.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Def not fixed because I've still seen it happen in the current game. Remember, it affects other units too so it isn’t just about Buddy.

Helya told me they have confirmed it wasn't just a visual bug before she left. At least that meant they worked on it, but prob stuck for all the reasons @Yogi Dave surmised.

If you report a bug on the forum, it becomes public knowledge that at least one user is experiencing an issue. Many times I have seen someone else report a bug and experience it later myself, but I don’t bother submitting a ticket because I know it was already reported and no need to inundate staff with another ticket. Another user can also explain why it isn’t a bug, with future support ticket averted about that topic, taking the burden off staff again. It is also public record which staff confirms or denies it is a bug or not. In the case of it lingering with nobody answering it at all, then it also becomes public knowledge who ain’t doing their jobs and we are being ignored. Imagine that. Accountability. This one was a doozy of a bug, but at least it made it all the way up the chain.
Now the strategic method of "inundate" is one way to get something done. So, I'm not sure NOT reporting it, is as helpful as doing so, no matter if you know they know or not. When I ran a business the "multiple reports of...." always got solved before the "one person reported."

Just a thought.

AJ

JackofShadows

I have to agree with AJ - I do tech support for a living. The squeaky wheel is the one that gets greased. I would recommend that every player who experiences this bug write up a well documented ticket (screen grabs are great) and spell out the problem.

I would also include a link to this thread, particularly the post(s) where the problem was confirmed.

If there are people who use the Discord channel (I don't), I would make noise over there also.

I also agree with crackie that it should NOT have to be this way. A single well-documented report should be enough. But that isn't how tech support works.

tl;dr - Make noise. Open tickets.