• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Build Magic Academy

MojaveByrd

How can I build the Magic Academy - I already did the research - but it says I need more diamonds than I have. Someone else on another thread said you never need to buy diamonds to play this game, so how do I do it?

MojaveByrd

not sure how to do that. says I have all the requirements but says the cost is 290 diamonds with that in red. I also read that you don't need diamonds to play this game.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Hello Mojave, I looked it up in the wiki and it takes 8000 coins and 800 supplies (or hammers as some call them). check if you have that, then make sure you have a builder that is idle to build it (I think this might be your problem) click on your builder hut to see if you have one free. It does not take diamonds to build, but must have a road touching it where you are going to place it. Also make sure you have the space in your city to build it, it takes 5 blocks across by 4 blocks deep. I hope this helps. Please post back with you findings.
The only other thing I can think of is that you already have it built and actually mean you are trying to upgrade it, in that case it does cost diamonds to upgrade to level 3 and higher.

Last edited:

MojaveByrd

I just asked the support team and they emailed me back saying that the magic resident is a "premium" item and I have to use diamonds to build it. I have the other requirements. It is not built yet.

DeletedUser1901

I just asked the support team and they emailed me back saying that the magic resident is a "premium" item and I have to use diamonds to build it. I have the other requirements. It is not built yet.

Magic Residence and Magic Academy are two different buildings. I believe that you are getting confused between the two.

The Magic Academy does not require diamonds to build or to upgrade to lvl 2 but does require diamonds to upgrade to lvl 3 and 4.

Magic Residences and Magic Workshops are premium building that can only be purchased with diamonds and requires diamonds to upgrade.

Hope this helps!

MojaveByrd

OK, so then it's not true that I don't need diamonds. Why would I want to play the game with a magic residence and magic workshop? Don't I need them?

DeletedUser3297

Magic residences and workshops typically give more supplies/coins/population than the normal buildings. However, that is only based on your current chapter. I most cases, you can upgrade your free buildings to be far superior to a magic building of the same type. Magic buildings can help if you have maxed out your free buildings and the magic ones offered produce more, if they don't, then they would be a detriment to your city. To see if a magic residence would help: upgrade your current residence to the highest level you can (until a green button appears that says "research") Click on it and view the stats on it. Hove over the magic building of the same type to see if the stats are any better. In my experience, they may only be marginally better, and if that is true, just unlock the next upgrade tech in the research tree so your free buildings can stay superior. Remember, a magic residence will cost real dollars to upgrade, not a good investment for me anyway :)

MojaveByrd

Magic residences and workshops typically give more supplies/coins/population than the normal buildings. However, that is only based on your current chapter. I most cases, you can upgrade your free buildings to be far superior to a magic building of the same type. Magic buildings can help if you have maxed out your free buildings and the magic ones offered produce more, if they don't, then they would be a detriment to your city. To see if a magic residence would help: upgrade your current residence to the highest level you can (until a green button appears that says "research") Click on it and view the stats on it. Hove over the magic building of the same type to see if the stats are any better. In my experience, they may only be marginally better, and if that is true, just unlock the next upgrade tech in the research tree so your free buildings can stay superior. Remember, a magic residence will cost real dollars to upgrade, not a good investment for me anyway :)
Yes, I guess I was confusing the academy with the residence and workshop. I have built the academy. Should be finished in a few hourse.