• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Build Mode

DeletedUser19672

It would be GREAT to have a build mode where we can temporarily store buildings when placing new ones/rearranging our cities since space is limited. Every time I place an expansion to build out (like I just did to add some of the event buildings) I end up deleting a lot of my paths so I can move buildings around to maximize space.

Since goods & space are at a premium it would be mighty helpful to be able to rearrange cities without having to delete/sell things every time we wish to grow.

DeletedUser2768

This is suggested at least once a week. The devs have said, and will continue to say: Not Gonna Happen. By adding a storage or anything similar, you remove the biggest challenge of this game.

Go to elvenarchitect to plan your city so you know what you're doing before you start.

DeletedUser19914

Ummm, @RosehawkATA, how is a new person going to know what they are going to want before they have played? Elvenarchitect looks cool, but it doesn't help with the problem of moving stuff around. For instance, I recently had to add some culture buildings to keep my boost up. I wouldn't have been able to forecast that.

DeletedUser2768

Ummm, @RosehawkATA, how is a new person going to know what they are going to want before they have played? Elvenarchitect looks cool, but it doesn't help with the problem of moving stuff around. For instance, I recently had to add some culture buildings to keep my boost up. I wouldn't have been able to forecast that.

Simple. You look at where you are in your city *right now*, seeing what you need more of (like culture). Then you import, or build, your city in ElvenArchitect adjusting future buildings to see how they change orientation and size. It's called planning ahead.

DeletedUser2768

Okay, I'll cut you some slack since you're new (not meant to sound condescending at all, please don't take it that way).

Here's your city, as it is now: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/24b422e9eea948a8a050c64d73f73c3d/

First tip: Square your expansion up. You'll have a WAY easier time building, upgrading, and planning if you have a square area to work with.

Here's what your city CAN look like: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/c36940f071aa4f57a8dfa9ea24a7e15b/

You have room to work with, but you need to organize it better. Put the short sides of building on roads every chance you get. Use both sides of the road as often as you can as well.

DeletedUser19914

Thank you for your example -- though I quite don't see how I would get from Now to After (and I don't expect you to waste your time telling me).

I am in the process of squaring up my city. I went the wrong way to start with and only saw that advice after. Other stuff was being put more or less where I saw advice in the forums (like "put your MA up in a corner out of the way.").

My point in my response, which wasn't meant to be for me personally, but in general, was about how I am supposed to plan ahead when I have no idea what's coming up? Planning is a way to develop answers to problems. It is not possible to plan ahead if you don't know what the problems are going to be.

For instance, as I mentioned, I can plan all I want, but how do I know that I'm going to need a whole lot more Culture right now? In the end, I know, I want all the population and all the supplies and all the gold (and I know I can't get it), but just recently I was sagging on the Culture end and my production was suffering.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and I hope this is useful for future players.

DeletedUser19145

This is suggested at least once a week. The devs have said, and will continue to say: Not Gonna Happen. By adding a storage or anything similar, you remove the biggest challenge of this game.

Go to elvenarchitect to plan your city so you know what you're doing before you start.
When I went to elvenarchitect it was so outdated that I was unable to implement it. I had made a layout of my current city but it was overwritten because I didnt know elven architect would be so outdated. disenchanted with elvenarchitect.

DeletedUser19145

I came on today looking for information on Vallorian Valor. This is available in the crafting now but I have no idea about maintenance, where do they go in your army camp for selection?

DeletedUser19145

I came on today looking for information on Vallorian Valor. This is available in the crafting now but I have no idea about maintenance, where do they go in your army camp for selection?
I went to gems of knowledge, couldnt find anything. theres a pic of it in the crafting section. Why is it so hard to get on forum, ask a question . its like ya'll have trump walls around you....

shimmerfly

I went to gems of knowledge, couldnt find anything. theres a pic of it in the crafting section. Why is it so hard to get on forum, ask a question . its like ya'll have trump walls around you.
The Vallorian Valor is a building. If you craft it you'll find it in your 'summoning's' ( inventory)' Once you place It, it makes the guards every so many hours and you collect them from your Mercenary camp.to fight with. No maintenance involved but you need the Merc camp. as Andrew420 said.
(Searching is easier if you use the search tool top right and go to search more.) I hope this helps some. No walls here

DeletedUser2768

When I went to elvenarchitect it was so outdated that I was unable to implement it. I had made a layout of my current city but it was overwritten because I didnt know elven architect would be so outdated. disenchanted with elvenarchitect.

Go to ElvenStats.com and import your current city layout to the architect. Architect doesn't automatically update, you have to do that manually. But it is a good tool for rearranging your city for new chapters, or when buildings grow/change orientation.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I could be wrong but if you dont have a mercenary camp I dont think you can choose the VG to fight
You will get the fighters from the Vallorian Valor and Grounds of the Orc Strategist as soon as you build them. They are not dependent on the Chapter where you won them nor do they require a Training Ground or Merc Camp. What is dependent on the Chapter where won (other than culture, that is always chapter dependent, but not something I care about with these two bldgs) is the number of units you get per production cycle. In my Halflings city one of the first things I did when Crafting was launched was craft a VV to replace one that I won way back in Ch 6 so I'd get a more respectable number of units. Even though lvl 1 VG are fairly weak now, they were a real help when I first got them. Now, I tend to use them in early province rounds just to save some treants for the more difficult fights, but I still don't train them, just use the free ones from the bldg.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

In know what you mean when you say it was "outdated" I tried it about a year or so a go and found the whole tedious job of putting my city up so could then work with it to be too labor intense. But no more. The thing has greatly improved.

First, you can export your city to Elvenarchitect via elvenstats. Just put your player name in, pick the world you are working on and look for the export tag in the middle of the page -- it's about 1/3 down the page right below the word ElvenArchitect and says: "view city on ElvenArchitect" Be sure to update the elvenstats page before you export or you may get something a few days old. At the bottom of the page it tells you how old the info is. Mine currently says "updated 10 days ago" so I would definitely update it before I export. Once you click on "view city on ElvenArchitect it gives you a link that takes you there with your city fully loaded. Now the fun starts.

Once you get things just right you can, of course, save it. But you can do so as a link, a file or as "browser". The link is so you can reference it from other places, but I've never used that. The file is what is cool. You simply copy the included (very large) string of characters to a text file and save it to your hard drive. Maybe you call it version 1 or something. Now you can mess with things and get back to version 1 when you want.

I could go on and describe some off the other neat things it does, but I think if you use it right you can figure out how to get things just right pretty quickly.

Second, one of the things I do us use paths for "temporary" roads. These are roads I know I will be deleting. They are usually short branches meant to connect something that just didn't fit in where I wanted and had to be set back from the main road. These paths are cheap. But I also move them around into single spaces or those annoying extra rows you seem to always get when you put all your residences next to each other ....useless as they are at the very edge of things and nothing you have fits.

So give the elvenarchitect another try. I do think they've improved it greatly.

AJ

DeletedUser19672

Okay, I'll cut you some slack since you're new (not meant to sound condescending at all, please don't take it that way).

Here's your city, as it is now: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/24b422e9eea948a8a050c64d73f73c3d/

First tip: Square your expansion up. You'll have a WAY easier time building, upgrading, and planning if you have a square area to work with.

Here's what your city CAN look like: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/c36940f071aa4f57a8dfa9ea24a7e15b/

You have room to work with, but you need to organize it better. Put the short sides of building on roads every chance you get. Use both sides of the road as often as you can as well.

Yeah that's great & all, but this is stuff I already do. Trust me the game will remain plenty challenging even if a build mode is implemented. Inno recently introduced it in their other game Forge of Empires & it's still quite the challenge to balance population, happiness (culture here), & SPACE (which IMNSHO is ACTUALLY the biggest challenge) as you upgrade/progress/grow. (And yes there's a similar site called foe manager that lets you plan your city out that I *still* use, but eh - it's not always helpful.)

You can say that it'll never happen & that it'll "ruin the game," but in all seriousness I can tell you that just during this winter event over on FoE I've used the build mode appx 15 times & ended up discarding the changes every. single. time. Just because it's available doesn't mean it's going to make the game easy.

DeletedUser2768

Yeah that's great & all, but this is stuff I already do. Trust me the game will remain plenty challenging even if a build mode is implemented. Inno recently introduced it in their other game Forge of Empires & it's still quite the challenge to balance population, happiness (culture here), & SPACE (which IMNSHO is ACTUALLY the biggest challenge) as you upgrade/progress/grow. (And yes there's a similar site called foe manager that lets you plan your city out that I *still* use, but eh - it's not always helpful.)

You can say that it'll never happen & that it'll "ruin the game," but in all seriousness I can tell you that just during this winter event over on FoE I've used the build mode appx 15 times & ended up discarding the changes every. single. time. Just because it's available doesn't mean it's going to make the game easy.

This isn't FoE though. So many that come here and complain about how Elvenar plays compare it to FoE. They may be made by the same company, but they're not the same game, and should not be compared to each other. They are apples and oranges. If you're so dissatisfied with Elvenar, stop playing it and focus all your time on FoE if you think it's so much better.

I tried FoE. I hated it.

DeletedUser19672

This isn't FoE though. So many that come here and complain about how Elvenar plays compare it to FoE. They may be made by the same company, but they're not the same game, and should not be compared to each other. They are apples and oranges. If you're so dissatisfied with Elvenar, stop playing it and focus all your time on FoE if you think it's so much better.

I tried FoE. I hated it.
I know it's not & there are things I like better there & things I like better here. *shrug* I simply mentioned it because you said a build mode would ruin the game & it wouldn't. They aren't apples & oranges, they are quite similar in many ways, especially in the city building ones (though, as I stated I do quite enjoy their differences).

Reflecting on it I'm pretty sure there were people saying that a build mode would ruin FoE before it was implemented as well. (Which, seriously, it's not that powerful.) If you're so against it, fine, just ignore it/threads like this. I'd L O V E to do more with my city, but it's such a PITA to restructure it that I currently have 4 event buildings sitting in my instants which frankly makes me a little sad b/c I think they're pretty cool.

DeletedUser

how do I know that I'm going to need a whole lot more Culture right now?

Because the game tells you. The tutorial when you started told you about keeping your Culture up, and there are tips on the loading screen that tell you about your Culture needs. Also, when you try to build or upgrade something and the game tells you to increase your Culture, that indicates that you need to keep adding Culture.

@Sanndrigr

You have 4 event buildings sitting in your inventory here? I have 4 pages of them in my FoE Beta account. :p Out of space is out of space, no matter how well or often you use the Reconstruction mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19672

You have 4 event buildings sitting in your inventory here? I have 4 pages of them in my FoE Beta account. :p Out of space is out of space, no matter how well or often you use the Reconstruction mode.

*stares at my Temple of Relics I can't place* LOLSOB I hear you, but the thing is I have a very good idea of exactly where I want to place these buildings & what I might need to get rid of, but not being able to temporarily move buildings off the map means that it may all be a very very expensive experiment that never works out.

Figuring out how to maximize your space is the hardest part of the game IMNSHO & a temporary build mode doesn't somehow get rid of it. I actually love that aspect of the game.

shimmerfly

Figuring out how to maximize your space is the hardest part of the game IMNSHO & a temporary build mode doesn't somehow get rid of it. I actually love that aspect of the game[/QUOTE

It does ease up some but you constantly battle with what to keep and what to toss. I still have a hard time tossing :rolleyes: .
The lack of population used to drive me crazy. I kept thinking my people were jumping off the cliff.