• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

builder help-does it work?

DeletedUser2870

Can anyone tell me what exactly is supposed to be the effect of motivating the builders (i.e. giving the neighbourly help to them)
When people help my builders I really see no difference at all in production times at all. Not with the buildings they are already working on, nor with new ones.
My builder hut is at lvl 4. If I set one builder to build or upgrade a certain building and someone then helps it and I set the second one to build or upgrade the exact same kind of building there is NO difference at all, even if only one builder is supposed to be motivated.
Nor do I see any difference at all in building time whether I build any building with or without help, whether the builder is motivated before or after starting on a building, or not mativated at all during the process.
I'm kinda annoyed by a useless feature.

DeletedUser1094

There is no effects, builders are only good for card players they get the real benefits us non card players only can upgrade to lvl 2 then you need to use more stones to go higher which cost a lot. most players may use the builders help to see how active the other player is I know I've done this myself there are many players who are just not players but are still listed in the game. Do what I do, when someone who I know has enough buildings to be helped as myself and continues to do my builders building I do the same type of help builders building only. most often you will see them help in a better way or stop altogether. What pisses me off is you help someone for months then they just stop helping you in return.

DeletedUser3610

Can anyone tell me what exactly is supposed to be the effect of motivating the builders (i.e. giving the neighbourly help to them)
It reduces the construction/upgrade time for the next construction/upgrade you start after you have been given the construction boost by 10% (one construction boost works for one construction/upgrade; your builder's hut can store as many constuction boosts as many builders you have). The reduced constuction/upgrade time appears in green in the contruction/upgrade tab. Especially in later chapters (when the construction/upgrade time is very long) this help can be significant. It if doesn't work that way for you there's a bug and you should contact support.

There is no effects
This is not true. This kind of help has the effect described above. At least it should. If it doesn't work for you I also recommend contacting support.

DeletedUser2870

@BluePanda
That's what it is SUPPOSED to do. But like I stated in my original post, I see no difference whatsoever, no matter how I try to set up the builders. Not on the server here, nor on the dutch server either.
Guess I'll just have to file another thing with support then...*sigh*

DeletedUser3610

As I said, if it doesn't work like that for you then it doesn't work right and you should contact support. It does work like it should for me.

DeletedUser188

My builder when helped has always worked
When someone helps your builder it reduces the amount of time it takes the next time you use the builder to build or upgrade something
The builder can be helped 3 x and cant be helped again until you use one of them
Your builder will have floating hands over it if it has been helped
Hover over the builder hut and it will tell you how many available construction boosts you have 1-3
When you use the builder to upgrade a building on the upgrade tab the construction time will be green if you have a boost
If you hover over the construction time it will show you the actual build time and the neighborly help effect will be in green

DeletedUser3312

The builder can be helped up to 5 times if you have 5 builders. I seldom ask for builder help. I need coins and culture much more. And that is what I ask for in visits.

DeletedUser3610

I'm glad your builders finally work like they should!:)