• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Builder Hut Visibility

• Thread starter DeletedUser5543
  • Start date

DeletedUser5543

Hi everyone!

I've been enjoying playing the game, however, as buildings and other structures get bigger and bigger it becomes increasingly difficult to find the Builders Hut. Is it possible to do something to make it stand out more? Some potential possibilities could be a flagpole or maybe make the building neon or it could be all gold or white. Anything that helps make it easier to locate would be great. I personally think a skinny little flagpole with a small flag bearing the insignia of the players Fellowship would look good. (A white flag or one with an Elvenar/Inno logo could be used for new or unaffiliated players). Or maybe let people choose their own flag as you do with avatars. Thanks for your consideration and keep up the good showing!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

I agree. As the other buildings grow, the builders hut tends to be literally overshadowed by them.
Of course, personally I feel that if anyone wants to have the builders motivated with help they would be wise to park it as near to the Main Hall as possible, since that makes it much easier to find.
Even for my FS-members I'm not going to search the city for it.
(Which kinda proves the point that the visibility really could and should be increased of course).

DeletedUser4372

Great idea @Von Hinderlen, I spend so much time searching for it while doing visits.

Why? I have culture all around my main and so many are too lazy to do anything but hit the main building.. if they cant put it next to their main, they have no excuse for it not getting buffed.. only one can buff it anyways? (i am fairly sure) ? I feel just fine and extra nice if i hit a spell-buffed culture building.. they get double culture and an extra 5% also. If that is not good enough? These kind of people will never be happy.. why bother?

DeletedUser2870

You can get one buff for each worker. So a basic builders hut can be buffed twice. If you bought the starterpackage with the additional builder, it can be buffed 3 times.
And of course, for those who bought more builders (4 and 5) it can be buffed up to 5 times

DeletedUser3297

To me, builder buffs are the most annoying and pointless thing that a player can help. They may be more valuable to a player who has more time to be on here, but for me, it's a worthless help. If I set my builders all at the same time and go to sleep, one finishes 30 min sooner than the others. When I wake up, they are all done anyway. Or if I am playing on my day off and I have all my builders on a schedule to upgrade a certain building type, it does not help me to have one or 2 finish before the rest. So unless I have 4 people "motivating" my builders I will build a signpost so that in 7 seconds the useless buff will go away and I can go back to my schedule.

Calenmir

I love the builder help! It's a great time saver for me. And yes my BH is right next to my MH.

Although I have it listed second to my culture, I still enjoy getting those hits. If it only brings down the amount of time a few minutes, well that's less time I have to wait for something to complete building. I only give that if they say they want it or if they have nothing listed and I see they are in the process of building then I will give it a hit. Like you, I would love for there to be something that makes it easy to spot that building. Yes, the floating hands help, but making it stand out would be great!

DeletedUser2870

To me, builder buffs are the most annoying and pointless thing that a player can help. They may be more valuable to a player who has more time to be on here, but for me, it's a worthless help. If I set my builders all at the same time and go to sleep, one finishes 30 min sooner than the others. When I wake up, they are all done anyway. Or if I am playing on my day off and I have all my builders on a schedule to upgrade a certain building type, it does not help me to have one or 2 finish before the rest. So unless I have 4 people "motivating" my builders I will build a signpost so that in 7 seconds the useless buff will go away and I can go back to my schedule.

I used to feel the same way. And for the earlier chapters I agree on this.
However, in the later chapters it will make a difference since the buildings times are going up, and so the amount of time saved will be worthwhile.

DeletedUser3507

Once you get build times @ around 15 hrs it helps a bit, but for me cultural buffs are way more helpful with main hall 2nd in priority.Many in my FS ask for main hall & builder buffs only. They don't care about culture.

Keep in mind my fellowship is all in chapter 7-9.Soggy reminded me too make that clear;)

DeletedUser2870

I only ask for builder help when I've unlocked tech to upgrade residences or factories. In the period I'm upgrading those I find it useful.
For the rest, only culture. I tend to have coins coming out of my ears, so MH is absolutely no prority for me.
(and yes, here also chapter 7/9)

DeletedUser5543

I agree. As the other buildings grow, the builders hut tends to be literally overshadowed by them.
Of course, personally I feel that if anyone wants to have the builders motivated with help they would be wise to park it as near to the Main Hall as possible, since that makes it much easier to find.
Even for my FS-members I'm not going to search the city for it.
(Which kinda proves the point that the visibility really could and should be increased of course).
My Builder Hut actually IS right next to my Main Hall and it is COMPLETELY covered by other buildings and unable to be seen. Totally invisible. I had to move it onto the outskirts where it could be seen again and then write directions on how to find it in my city name box! Something I'd rather use to name my city than give directions around it! :)
But even having to put it near the Main Hall so it can be found easier only proves my point that the Hut needs more visibility because the BH doesn't require a connection to roads so putting it next to the building where ALL roads are REQUIRED to go, the MH, makes doing that counter-productive as the space could be used for buildings that NEED to be attached to roads. So the lack of the Hut's visibility actually forces players to go AGAINST the game's design in order to counteract the problem.

DeletedUser3507

Yes many in my FS are in wood elves, soon I will be, doing last thing Orc Wonders, made room for the next main hall as it goes up in size.
Now too see what new race will be next.

And Soggy I am completing 7th tier 3.:rolleyes::cool:
Space from being way to far out from GZ ...

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I agree would be nice to be able to see the builders hut better, I have a clear spot in front of my main hall and try to keep it there, I have always asked for builder hut help first, even if I am not building or upgrading. I can only get 3 helps anyway and then it is full so it cant be helped anymore anyway. Then I ask for cultural boost. I found changing what I want only confuses players anyway, best to stay constant.

DeletedUser3507

They need it illuminated, lots I visit and can't find it
Next chapter Soggy I am planing on 8-10.

Finely passing thru 153k.

DeletedUser5543

I have it! The solution finally came to me on how to SPECIFICALLY solve the Builder Hut visibility issue without being cumbersome: MAKE THE LITTLE HELP SIGNS THAT APPEAR WHEN YOU ARE HELPING A CITY COLOR-COORDINATED. If you kept the little handshakes the same for cultural buildings BUT CHANGED THE COLOR OF THE HANDSHAKE TO RED, FOR INSTANCE, ABOVE THE BUILDERS HUT AND THE COLOR OF THE HELP SIGN ABOVE THE MAIN HALL TO YELLOW (or whatever color you choose) THIS WOULD SOLVE ALL OF THE ISSUES THAT PEOPLE HAVE WITH FINDING THE TINY HUT WHEN HELPING. The flag isn't a bad idea but it adds more clutter. Furthermore, the problem is NOT with the player being able to find their own hut, it's with OTHER PLAYERS being able to find the hut so they can help. If the help signs are color-coordinated, people will know they can't help the hut because they don't see the handshake color that goes with the building. An easy solution to a nuisance of a problem! I REALLY hope you'll consider this. So much so that I will probably re-write the thread if it doesn't seem to be getting any notice. It really is an easy fix that will uncomplicate the process of helping and, therefore, help people to be better helpers. Thanks Gang! And have a good one!