• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Builder's Hut and Neighborly Help

Aritra

Scenario: Two (or more) neighborly helps applied to builder's hut, only one active build site
Question: Is there a compound effect on the single build (the second help onto the first help), or is the second help basically wasted?

Secondary question: Applying to same scenario above (and I'm expecting the answer to the first question to be "wasted" so I'm looking for verification), if there are two helps and a second build is started, does that second help then apply to the second build in progress? Or does the build need to begin before help given to the hut?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I hope this will answer your questions. I've read over it several times and I'm still not sure it's clear, but here goes:
I look at it this way: Builder help is given to the builders themselves in your Builder's Hut. The help applies to the next construction started (build or upgrade), not to any construction that was started before the help was given. If your BH is 'full' (all builders have an active 'help' on them), the BH will not be able to be helped until one of those builders is used. If you have 2 builders, it is 'full' when it has been helped twice; 3 builders, it is 'full' when it has been helped 3 times, etc. No help is wasted.
Builds and upgrades can only be performed by one builder, so as soon as that 'helped' builder is occupied with building something, the BH becomes available for another help that will apply to that builder when he returns to the hut. Note: The help is used when you start the construction. If you cancel the construction, the builder returns to the hut but the help does not. That way, if someone helped your BH while your builder was away, that help will apply to that builder when he returns.

Aritra

@samidodamage Ok. I think I understand. Describing it as people (the builders) is helpful. I think I also misapplied a duration concern on the BH help but it seems that the help doesn't time out if unused, but sits until used (so never wasted, as you said). (I think I know why I did it, but I realize now how unfounded the assumption was that there was a time limit on the BH help, afraid that their help would expire before used, for example, there is nothing indicating remaining time as a "polishing" does.)

Fayeanne

If it's helpful: in the browser client at least, you can see the helps as little icons in the Builders Hut interface, and when you go to construct a building, the time value (for how long the construction will last) should be displayed in green, and you can see the reduced time there. In this way you can see exactly how that building's construction is going to be impacted by the boost. Note that buildings with really short construction times don't use boosts. I'm not sure where the cut-off is, but if, say, the building only requires 20s to build, it won't benefit from a boost but it also won't consume a boost.