• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Building inventory filters

larbby

Hi,

Thank you for adding a search by building name to the inventory. That is very helpful when you know the name of the building you are looking for.
In many cases, I do not know the name of the building at all.

Would it be possible to please add the following filters to the building inventory?
Population - shows buildings that have population
Goods - shows buildings that make goods (can be further divided in T and S goods)
Magic goods - shows buildings that give seeds or mana
Military - shows military buildings
Further filter criteria:
Level (current or lower) - shows buildings of that level
Sets - shows only sets or omits sets
Culture only - shows or omits culture only buildings
Size - allows to select a size so only buildings of that size show up or no more than...

If possible, maybe add an option for small icons where more buildings would show on one page (this could be applied to all the inventory screens), like 2 rows with 8 or 10 per line?

Thank you for your consideration,
Larbby

defiantoneks

just having the search on desktop like it is on mobile would be an imrprovement. but yes, i'd love to have more extensive sorting in the summoning area. even if it's as simple as Evolving Buildings, Sets, Expiring buildings

also… what happened to newest buildings being at the front of the list? my list isn't even in order of acquisition anymore.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Another good idea. It's maddening searching through 20 pages of buildings trying to find the one that gives you X amount of seeds per day and takes up 2x something that you won in the Phoenix event but isn't exactly where you thought it was.... Sort by "makes seeds" and Done!

AJ

Silver Lady

If possible, maybe add an option for small icons where more buildings would show on one page (this could be applied to all the inventory screens), like 2 rows with 8 or 10 per line?

Love the idea of additional filters, but smaller icons has to be optional or leave it out. Some of us struggle to see the icons as they are now. And have this for BOTH the mobile app and browser versions (let’s be nice to everyone). :)

larbby

just having the search on desktop like it is on mobile would be an imrprovement. but yes, i'd love to have more extensive sorting in the summoning area. even if it's as simple as Evolving Buildings, Sets, Expiring buildings

also… what happened to newest buildings being at the front of the list? my list isn't even in order of acquisition anymore.
Yeah, basically it puts the new building at the start then as soon as you get another one, it moves that last one to wherever it belongs in the sort.

larbby

Love the idea of additional filters, but smaller icons has to be optional or leave it out. Some of us struggle to see the icons as they are now. And have this for BOTH the mobile app and browser versions (let’s be nice to everyone). :)
That's what it says, maybe add an option for small icons...

Talaedraiia

What am I missing? I play on an iPad and I don’t have a search feature on my inventory

Talaedraiia

i play on both. the search is in the Inventory - Summonings. should be a slot to type in what you're after at the top of the window displaying your buildings.
Thank you as never noticed before. But, don’t think it will be much help to me. Now if you could search for what you are needing such as population then that would be very helpful as another poster suggested.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm not sure how that suggestion would work since a lot of buildings give different things in different chapters

OIM20

If it is in your inventory, it has to be relevant to your chapter or you wouldn’t have it
I'm confused. I have buildings in my inventory all the way back to chapter 1. I just finished the first research in Fairies. But you can see I have the Everblossom Sleigh from where I first started the game in February (and didn't know I could wait to claim the building until I had a higher chapter):
summonings - Elcysandir.jpg

So what do you mean it won't be in the inventory if it's not relevant to your city's chapter?

Talaedraiia

What I meant is that everything in your inventory is things you can use. I was referring to Alram’s statement that different chapters give different things. For instance, in my chapter or below, my building gives dust but in a higher chapter it gives sentient goods. I would not be searching for sentient because it wouldn’t be relevant to me. I would be searching for dust or pop or something that I could use. There is nothing in my inventory that I couldn’t use if I had space for it. Including my teleported items.

Alram

Flippers just flip
What I meant is that everything in your inventory is things you can use. I was referring to Alram’s statement that different chapters give different things. For instance, in my chapter or below, my building gives dust but in a higher chapter it gives sentient goods. I would not be searching for sentient because it wouldn’t be relevant to me. I would be searching for dust or pop or something that I could use. There is nothing in my inventory that I couldn’t use if I had space for it. Including my teleported items.

This is true. I just started woodelves. I'm looking for mana. My inventory is full of buildings that make elixir. I got the buildings in earlier chapters. They dont show as mana producers because they don't produce mana at their current chapter levels.

If it is in your inventory, it has to be relevant to your chapter or you wouldn’t have it

I do play only on mobile. Can pc players see what a ch 7 building will give if it is levelled up? All I can see is the current production.

OIM20

Can pc players see what a ch 7 building will give if it is levelled up?
No. I use ElvenGems for that. If it's not on Gems, then my second source for the info is the wiki. I've noticed some players prefer ElvenArchitect.

Edit several hours later: I can if I'm on the upgrade screen itself for a non-evolving building - it has to be placed in the city already. But since this thread dealt with the Summonings screen, I initially limited my answer to that. I apologize if I confused anyone.

Last edited:

larbby

What I meant is that everything in your inventory is things you can use. I was referring to Alram’s statement that different chapters give different things. For instance, in my chapter or below, my building gives dust but in a higher chapter it gives sentient goods. I would not be searching for sentient because it wouldn’t be relevant to me. I would be searching for dust or pop or something that I could use. There is nothing in my inventory that I couldn’t use if I had space for it. Including my teleported itemS s.
So do you think this suggestion to filter out by population, goods, military... and even a level filter would be useful?

larbby

I'm confused. I have buildings in my inventory all the way back to chapter 1. I just finished the first research in Fairies. But you can see I have the Everblossom Sleigh from where I first started the game in February (and didn't know I could wait to claim the building until I had a higher chapter):
View attachment 10293

So what do you mean it won't be in the inventory if it's not relevant to your city's chapter?
This suggestion would add buttons on those screens to allow you to select only certain types of buildings even say if you only want to see current level buildings. It's more for the mobile version where the inventory is all in one line and you could scroll forever, it should be useful on web as well.

Talaedraiia

So do you think this suggestion to filter out by population, goods, military... and even a level filter would be useful?
Yes, I’m agreeing with you. As it is now, I don’t think I will use it very much, but if your suggested change was implemented, I would use it a lot. By the way, like you, I play on mobile