• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Building upgrades

• Thread starter DeletedUser26243
  • Start date

DeletedUser26243

I know there is somewhere that shows the different upgrade stages of buildings in city Sometimes I end up getting rid of things n later on down the line wished I hadn’t thanks

Alpha Lyrae

Oh, yes. Mana will be very important. The easiest buildings to acquire that produce mana will be found in your Magic Academy: Festival Merchants and Mana Sawmills. If I remember correctly, the Festival Merchants are more efficient, producing more mana per square that they take up in your city.

Gkyr

Chef
You will start out with weeping willows, then change to festival merchants and Arcane Libraries, plus any Event incidentals that come your way, like Lava Eggs. Trouble is, weeping willows give you a ton of culture points and the 'better' mana producers do not give you so much culture, so you suffer culture withdrawal and most players compensate for it by using the 1x1, 2x1, 1x2 and 2x2, perhaps mana sawmill occasional culture bldgs that can be won or can be crafted in the MA. At least until better culture buildings come your way. Along the way, you can beef up Martial Monastery (Sanctuary) or Watchtower AWs that give you more culture.
More experienced players tell me that, after awhile, mana is still important but does not remain a limiting resource. By that time you are worrying about sentient goods.
The minmaxgame websites chronicle their entry into the different chapters and how they overcame each chapters challenges.

Talaedraiia

You will start out with weeping willows, then change to festival merchants and Arcane Libraries, plus any Event incidentals that come your way, like Lava Eggs. Trouble is, weeping willows give you a ton of culture points and the 'better' mana producers do not give you so much culture, so you suffer culture withdrawal and most players compensate for it by using the 1x1, 2x1, 1x2 and 2x2, perhaps mana sawmill occasional culture bldgs that can be won or can be crafted in the MA. At least until better culture buildings come your way. Along the way, you can beef up Martial Monastery (Sanctuary) or Watchtower AWs that give you more culture.
More experienced players tell me that, after awhile, mana is still important but does not remain a limiting resource. By that time you are worrying about sentient goods.
The minmaxgame websites chronicle their entry into the different chapters and how they overcame each chapters challenges.
What are the minmaxgame websites and where are they?

Gkyr

Chef
MinMax Orcs chapter goes backwards from Day 31 to Day 26. I couldn't find Day 1 and on. I'd be interested to read it, as I'm just finishing Advanced Scouts for Orcs.
Try using their name here in the forum to address that question directly to them.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks I ask this because I’m in fairy chapter n it seems like things that make mana seem pretty important in my future
Yes, mana will be VERY important. But the buildings must be of Woodelves level to make mana. If you are still in Fairies then it would take 2 levels of upgrades in order to get mana production. To be honest it is probably not worthwhile for most daily prize buildings to do 2 levels of upgrades. Simply win new, higher level ones in future events once you reach Woodelves. The exception to this is evolving buildings. They are unique and at high levels of evolution tend to be very efficient on a square for square basis so it is very much worthwhile to keep them upgraded. Several of the evolving buildings such as Watchful Winter Owl and Everblossom Sleigh become good mana producers at Woodelves or higher level.

DeletedUser26243

I generally bounce between elvengems and elvenarchitect depending on what I am looking for.
Thanks I ask this because I’m in fairy chapter n it seems like things that make mana seem pretty important in my future
Yes, mana will be VERY important. But the buildings must be of Woodelves level to make mana. If you are still in Fairies then it would take 2 levels of upgrades in order to get mana production. To be honest it is probably not worthwhile for most daily prize buildings to do 2 levels of upgrades. Simply win new, higher level ones in future events once you reach Woodelves. The exception to this is evolving buildings. They are unique and at high levels of evolution tend to be very efficient on a square for square basis so it is very much worthwhile to keep them upgraded. Several of the evolving buildings such as Watchful Winter Owl and Everblossom Sleigh become good mana producers at Woodelves or higher level.
sweet I have the 2 evolving buildings u mentioned both at 10 n upgraded to my current chapter have the lava egg from last event

Aritra

I like to use the Elvenar Wiki for the tables that show the building progressions, in particular for building size/dimension shifts so I can plan ahead. Then I use ElvenArchitect to play with the layout in anticipation of those changes.

Last edited:

Gladiola

@Aritra I look at the wiki sometimes, but I also sometimes just look at the research to see which buildings might change shape in the chapter, then look at the build menu in elvenarchitect to see the old and new sizes. I have an old computer and it doesn't like it when I load too many tabs in the browser.

NightshadeCS

Just a little advice, if it is helpful! You can rearrange in Elvenarchitect and then take a screen shot of the results. It's a little harder to remember what the buildings are, but you can generally figure it out. That will cut down on processor usage, since you can close that browser tab and just have an image viewer open, which shouldn't take as much juice.

DeletedUser26243

Just a little advice, if it is helpful! You can rearrange in Elvenarchitect and then take a screen shot of the results. It's a little harder to remember what the buildings are, but you can generally figure it out. That will cut down on processor usage, since you can close that browser tab and just have an image viewer open, which shouldn't take as much juice.
Great idea on the screen shot