• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buildings,Storage and Land

DeletedUser2963

i desperately would love to be able to store buildings just to reorganize my city for each chapter it causes a lot of issues every week for me

There are times when we would all love to have a bit of storage for reorganizing. That struggle, moving it about and making it all fit, is a "core" game feature. Adding storage to this game would be like adding PvP and letting other players sack your city, it would change the very nature of the game.

DeletedUser188

@showtylr2
The inno game devs over at FoE always said that they would never give the players the ability to store buildings
They always said having a place to store buildings made the game to easy and would take away the challenge of organizing your city
It took them 4 years and they finally implemented the ability to place an event building back in your inventory
So don't stop asking for this the players at FoE never did and it eventually paid off

DeletedUser6335

I get that some like the sliding puzzle aspect of re doing their cities..but, sometimes I don't want to expend so much energy on thinking and would rather just get it done! Personally, if I could - I'd like to have the *option* to rotate my buildings. I love the design of so many of them, but I just want to see what the rest look like! The ad that drew me here in the first place had the buildings looking 3d...

And, as far as storage, okay - I get it about the "regular" buildings. I just wish we could store or Holiday Buildings and only put them up during the Holiday they apply to (if we wished to do so - again, asking for the option.) :)

DeletedUser2963

I just wish we could store or Holiday Buildings and only put them up during the Holiday they apply to (if we wished to do so - again, asking for the option.) :)

This! I agree 100% with this. Some of those event buildings are just spectacular. Looking at them in my city, brings me joy. Removing them caused me pain :( . I would really enjoy being able to store my event culture so I could put some of it out next season...Decorations :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would like an area to place event buildings where you gained zero benefit from them, and could only place event buildings there.
There would be no harm to the game if you could store event buildings and swap them in and out of this area provided that the initial choice of removing it from your city was permanent, and you could never get the bonuses from that building again, and only use it for display.

Actually, a ring around your city that was only for non-functioning event stuff would be awesome, or just let us place event buildings on expansions we haven't unlocked. In a couple chapters I will outgrow my 15 winter stars, but I'd love to pull them out every winter and ring my city with them.

DeletedUser188

Let me explain in FoE there is no storage area that you can place a building and remove it as many times as you like
The players have the ability to win a "store building item"
With that a player can take an event building and place it back in their inventory until they want to use it again
Each "store building item" that you win can only be used once and for only one building
Its great for holiday themed event buildings you can store your Christmas buildings and not have to see them in summer

I would like an area to place event buildings where you gained zero benefit from them, and could only place event buildings there.
There would be no harm to the game if you could store event buildings and swap them in and out of this area provided that the initial choice of removing it from your city was permanent, and you could never get the bonuses from that building again, and only use it for display

I don't see why this would be necessary the Elvenar event buildings become less useful the longer you keep them and they cant be updated yet
So if they are in storage to long they wont have much value other than visual

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't see why this would be necessary the Elvenar event buildings become less useful the longer you keep them and they cant be updated yet
So if they are in storage to long they wont have much value other than visual
But that is exactly my point....if you can store and retrieve at will, it hurts the puzzle aspect, if you can only retrieve into the no bonus area, that fixes it.

Event buildings lose value over time, but are nice to look at, so being able to display them would be great.
1. It would let you keep pretty buildings without harming your efficiency.
2. It wouldn't effect the "sliding puzzle" aspect of the game, since it uses space separate from your city expansions.
3. If you play for multiple seasons, you can decorate seasonally.
4. If blueprints allow you to upgrade event buildings, it would tie in perfectly with event storage as described in my post.
5. Players visiting you would be able to see your achievements.

I don't think the FoE system works in Elvenar, since a 12 month old event building here is probably really inefficient.

If there was an event storage area, and the only way to bring it back was using blueprints, and that also brought it back upgraded to your current chapter, that would be cool.

DeletedUser188

if you can store and retrieve at will, it hurts the puzzle aspect
What I am describing you cant store and retrieve buildings at will
It allows only 1 building per store item to go into inventory then the store ability is gone and the store abilities aren't that easy to come by
I honestly don't care if you guys agree or disagree with the OP idea
As for myself I have never had a need for extra storage
My point is don't ever say inno game devs wont ever implement an idea just because today they say they wont
They have changed their minds in other games and its bound to happen here

DeletedUser6335

I still say the option to store "Holiday" themed buildings would be cool. The idea of "free areas" outside of the normal ones that could accept placement of these buildings would be cool too. Of course, it would all be moot *if* the buildings in question grew with the city as opposed to becoming outdated/out-leveled....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I still say the option to store "Holiday" themed buildings would be cool. The idea of "free areas" outside of the normal ones that could accept placement of these buildings would be cool too. Of course, it would all be moot *if* the buildings in question grew with the city as opposed to becoming outdated/out-leveled
Maybe (to free areas), but if enough people had old event buildings stored around the edge of their cities, it might easily start to look busy, and even a little crappy. I have trouble imagining they'd go for buildings that scale, I think it's probably more likely (and more interactive) for them to simply offer new versions each year.

I can imagine buildings that are upgradeable for a cost. Either a diamond cost, or construction cost, to move it forward to behave as though it were won in the next chapter. Possibly even a new, optional, Research, "Chapter XX event buildings" (or "Fairy Event Buildings") that is sufficiently expensive in KP and materials to offset the advantage it proffers. Such cost could be based on the total culture or culture/pop value of the building.

DeletedUser6572

This just seems so simple to me. Two things working in tandem ...

• Allow event buildings to be stored fully. Meaning they can be put away and brought back out again. (so we don't have to showcase the pumpkins and snow flakes for Easter)
  • Add a way we can work on upgrading the event buildings. So they can be brought out the next year. Not only would we then be able to proudly display them, but also have them keep up with efficiency.

So much work and thought is put into the event buildings. I'd really love to see them working a little more fluently. Maybe they are already working on some of this? I hope, I hope. :D

DeletedUser6738

I totally agree. This is a viable option that trumps the devs talking point of this being part of the game's challenge.

DeletedUser1996

• Allow event buildings to be stored fully. Meaning they can be put away and brought back out again. (so we don't have to showcase the pumpkins and snow flakes for Easter)
  • Add a way we can work on upgrading the event buildings. So they can be brought out the next year. Not only would we then be able to proudly display them, but also have them keep up with efficiency.
i too agree ! thx for posting:)

DeletedUser2963

They would need to put some form of restriction on the storage, otherwise people would use the storage as a cheat. Plop event buildings in storage, rearrange the city, pull event buildings back out when done.

They would need to do something to make such a cheat impossible.

I like @SoggyShorts idea of having this outside the city.

Or, more complicated programming, allowing us to keep the skin of an event building and place it on any event building of the exact same size?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I can imagine a fee to return an event building to storage, roughly equal to half of what it would cost to construct such a building, either in materials or in diamonds. That would emulate the cost of dismantling the building to be rebuilt later, as is often done with heritage properties in real cities.

DeletedUser6085

I used to play a game where not only could we rotate buildings, but we could buy a storage shed and temporarily store buildings in it so we didn't have to sell something off, just to have room for a building we need to do a quest. Of course, you would lose the Population or culture it provided, but you got it back when you reinserted it. This especially came in handy when trying to reconfigure your streets for efficient game play. Any chance something like that is in the works?;)

I read this and wondered if it was "City of Wonder". There, one had a storage building so a player could remove the building from the city without losing its level or value. Of course, while it was in storage, it had no value. The building itself had a limit as to how much you could store. I've had to remove AW's in order to make room for something more important. It would have been great to be able to move that AW into storage instead of having to rebuild from ground zero.

Right now, I use the Elven Architect. It helps tremendously, but I still hate having to do away with valuable buildings in order to make room for more.

DeletedUser6085

They would need to put some form of restriction on the storage, otherwise people would use the storage as a cheat. Plop event buildings in storage, rearrange the city, pull event buildings back out when done.

They would need to do something to make such a cheat impossible.

I like @SoggyShorts idea of having this outside the city.

Or, more complicated programming, allowing us to keep the skin of an event building and place it on any event building of the exact same size?

I leave my event rewards in the storage area with the spells until I'm ready to use it. Quite frankly, I wind up selling most of those as they lower in value compared to other cultural buildings. With the VD rewards being given automatically, I built those just long enough to sell them.

The answer to the problem of possible cheats, is to allow no more than 10 or 20 days of storage for the event prizes.