• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

buildings storage, rotate buildings

DeletedUser9088

Hi all. Probably been asked many times before but I want to rearrange my city but have no space. is it possible to put a building into storage so I can move things around? also, why cant I rotate a building by 90 degrees? its so annoying that everything seems to point in one direction
cheers in advance

DeletedUser8850

I think you've put this in the wrong forum, but to answer. No there is no such "storage", most people either keep some open area or a handful of low level buildings that they can wipe out to re-arrange when needed. As to building rotation, buildings have different space requirements and can't be rotated for the exact purpose of making it a challenge to layout things efficiently (or at least to some degree).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
They will never implement building rotation in Elvenar as it is one of the key challenges in the game.
For example when you upgrade your plank buildings from level 19 to 20 they change like this:
ruwgph.jpg

So if you want to upgrade your building, the game challenges you by forcing you to redesign your city to make the new shape/orientation fit.
If rotation was allowed, then that challenge would be completely ruined.

As for storage, one of the other challenges the game has is referred to as the "sliding puzzle". If you want to move several buildings you need to plan carefully and move the pieces in a logical way. Allowing storage of buildings would again, destroy this challenge.

sliding puzzle combo.png

If you'd like to read more on the subject, feel free to have a read in any of these threads on the subject:

DeletedUser9174

well... considering that the game is set within a grid pattern, certain aspects of the buildings might be lost. I think that the way they plan the upgrades is that you can see the building from the "front" as if you turn it, you miss seeing the "front" as it is something of a 3-d layout.

DeletedUser9208

I would like to be able to store some of the culture buildings won in events. They don't always have the same value as one I would like to build, but I don't want to sell them since they're cute.

DeletedUser9174

I would like to be able to store some of the culture buildings won in events. They don't always have the same value as one I would like to build, but I don't want to sell them since they're cute.
As long as you don't build them, they remain in storage. but that's the draw back.

DeletedUser7370

Here is one storage idea that actually makes sense.
1. It can only be used for event buildings.
2. When you go to sell the event building it asks if you store it.
3. If stored it goes in your inventory under a new tab and can NEVER be built again.
4. You can choose to delete things out of your storage.

SoggyShorts

Here is one storage idea that actually makes sense.
1. It can only be used for event buildings.
2. When you go to sell the event building it asks if you store it.
3. If stored it goes in your inventory under a new tab and can NEVER be built again.
4. You can choose to delete things out of your storage.

This, combined with some sort of "showcase" would be awesome. Perhaps a new area above the cliffs on a plateau. There you can only place event buildings from this new inventory tab, but you gain none of the pop/culture/whatever from them, just a vanity spot.

SoggyShorts

Indeed, However, there are times when one is so low on room that slide is not an option. When expansions are days or weeks away. This is when swap would be a blessing
I'm not denying that swap would make things easier, the question is whether the developers want to reduce the level of challenge by allowing it. So far thier answer is "no".

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you can swap buildings, then nothing becomes impossible, let alone difficult. so we go from difficult with meaningful choices, to so easy it's pointless.

You might find it helpful to activate the "built in, in-game, storage grid"*tm. That is accomplished by performing the following sequence:
1) Buy or earn your next expansion
2) Don't build anything on it. Ever.
- Voila! Instant storage of buildings up to 5x5.
- it is possible repeat the above steps to double (or more!) your in-game storage.

* "built in, in-game, storage grid" is a trademark of SarcasticAshrem. Questions about its use should be directed to him, not the developers. Manna not included. Not for use by children under the age of 7. Ensuing laughter may represent a choking hazard. Possible side effects might include any or none of: Black/tarry stools, bleeding, blistering, bloody stools, bone pain, burning, coldness, difficulty in moving, discomfort or pain in chest, enlarged heart, feeling of pressure, fever, hives, infection, inflammation, joint pain, lumps, numbness, paleness of skin, rash, redness, scaring, seizures, shortness of breath, troubled breathing, tightness in chest, or wheezing, soreness, stinging, sweating increased, swelling, swollen joints, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, unusual tiredness or weakness, vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds, warmness at site, weight gain (occurring together with any of the other symptoms listed before), Blue lips and fingernails, convulsions (seizures), difficulty in speaking, slow speech, or inability to speak, faintness, feeling of heaviness in chest, headache (severe), inability to move arms, legs, or muscles of the face, nausea and vomiting (occurring together with a headache), no blood pressure or pulse, pain in back or left arm, painful, red lumps under the skin, mostly on the legs, prominent superficial veins over affected area, stopping of heart, unconsciousness, vision problems (occurring together with a headache), warmth, , Severity: Moderate, , If any of the following side effects occur while taking tretinoin, check with your doctor or nurse as soon as possible:, Any change in vision (not occurring with a headache), coughing, sneezing, sore throat, and stuffy or runny nose, cracked lips, crusting, redness, pain, or sores in mouth or nose, decreased urination, earache or feeling of fullness in the ear, increase or decrease in blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, mental depression, pain in stomach, side, abdomen or back, pain and swelling in leg or foot, skin rash, swelling of abdomen (stomach area), swelling of face, fingers, hands, feet, or lower legs, Bone swelling, cramping or pain in stomach (severe), difficult or painful urination, drowsiness (very severe and continuing), hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there), hearing loss, heartburn, indigestion, or nausea (severe and continuing), mood, mental, or personality changes, pain in lower back or side, swollen area that feels sore and tender, yellow eyes or skin,.