• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buildings that EXPIRE

DeletedUser12423

Okay guys, I've been pretty postive up until now. The event is almost over and they keep offering buildings that expire in 5 days. They make no sense, on so many levels.

First of all, they should be instants or enchantments.
Second, NO building should EVER expire in a building game. Period.
And finally, placing such items at the end of the event forces you to purchase it or lose entirely.

With much respect and a little frustration,
-Ironman Rob

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
While I agree the concept would work better as an enchantment, they have considerably improved them since they first came out. They now provide a small amount of culture (this event is the first one where they've had that feature) and they increased the percentage boost as well (the mage multiplier one went from a 10% boost to 50%) and they stack if you have more than one placed. The 5 day limit makes them most useful for tournaments. You just place them at the beginning of the tournament and they last the entire 5 days. Example: Mages are key units for marble and gems tournaments; next week's tournament will be gems and that is my Tier 3 boosted goods. So, place the mage multiplier and the unleashed unit buildings at the beginning of the tournament and it should help me clear more provinces, increasing my relic rewards and raising my gem boost as well as all the extra KP, spells, runes, broken shards, etc. For fellowships who make tournament participation their main focus and try for the 10th chest regularly, several members having some of these buildings can almost guarantee they get the 10th chest (and the accompanying blueprint!). Granted, those fellowships are usually made up of 'diamond' players (those who spend real money on the game to advance their individual and fellowship ranking) because the blueprints help with upgrading premium buildings without spending more diamonds. But I'm really happy to see those players get some perks since I look at it as they are paying for me to be able to play free (or in my case at a reduced rate; I'm just not patient enough for free, lol!).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Considering how powerful they are I wouldn't care if they were even bigger.
2 of the +50% damage ones can get you a few hundred more KP from the tournament.
Double damage doesn't mean you'll go twice as far, but rather much much further since you can 1-shot enemies without taking any damage.

Another great thing about them is that they keep their value for whenever you decide to use them. I have loads of event buildings in my inventory that I didn't get a chance to place and are now total garbage as I have out grown them.

DeletedUser12423

Considering how powerful they are I wouldn't care if they were even bigger.

They do have a purpose, sure. But, let's take a look at the general concept, not so much what they do.

1) Okay, they are a building. Not an instant or an enchantment.
2) This is a building game, and buildings that Expire have basically durability.
3) Why would one building have durability and not all of them?

Buildings that EXPIRE are simply not well designed or thought out. If anything, they were a filler for lack of better ideas?
But I do hear you my friend.

Much respect,
-Ironman Rob

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Buildings that EXPIRE are simply not well designed or thought out. If anything, they were a filler for lack of better ideas?
Agreed, they should do something else with that art, and turn the combat boosts into instants that get applied to your Barracks. They'd make a lot more sense there, and when the spell expired after 5 days there'd be nothing weird about it.

DeletedUser9601

I think having the benefits as a building actually make sense. Because having it as a building functionally limits how many you can save up. If the benefit was a spell, in theory you could save up 2-3 events worth of "military spells" and then dump them all at once. If the benefit is tied to 4 squares (or more) of city space, you can't have quite as many spells up at once. Or you need to otherwise restrict your city during and before those 5 days.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think having the benefits as a building actually make sense. Because having it as a building functionally limits how many you can save up. If the benefit was a spell, in theory you could save up 2-3 events worth of "military spells" and then dump them all at once. If the benefit is tied to 4 squares (or more) of city space, you can't have quite as many spells up at once. Or you need to otherwise restrict your city during and before those 5 days.
That's easily overcome by having a limit on the stacks applied.

DeletedUser

I don't care what they were made to do, I care how they look. I place it in my city because I like it. :p

Just because the boost on the building expires doesn't mean that the building disappears from your city. But if you do decide to sell it, you get coins and supplies, which may come in handy if you're in a tight spot and need to sell something.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't care what they were made to do, I care how they look. I place it in my city because I like it. :p

Just because the boost on the building expires doesn't mean that the building disappears from your city. But if you do decide to sell it, you get coins and supplies, which may come in handy if you're in a tight spot and need to sell something.
That's why I'm suggesting they use those buildings for something else. as a 4x4, it could be left as the equivalent of a level 4 Armory that produces a small number of light troops a day, and be as useful or more so. The largest majority of players are going to use them for the 5 days then tear the building down immediately since a handful of culture isn't worth the space.

DeletedUser9601

That's easily overcome by having a limit on the stacks applied.
True. But now if you're Inno, you need to play-test and develop what the appropriate stack limit is for each Chapter. Because if they made the limit too low, high-ranked tournament-focused players would probably be upset. If they made the limit too high, it might be "too" strong for lower chapter players,

Maybe its not a big balancing concern. But right now, there's a functional limit on how many of these buildings a lower-tiered player (due to city size) can have active. Though for players in S&D/Halflings, they are only really limited by the number of buildings they can earn in a given event. I think the current mechanic, although clunky and results in the weird feeling of deleting buildings, does work pretty well from a balancing standpoint.