• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buildings won't open.

DeletedUser14078

Unfortunately this is an issue that indeed started with the latest Window update. Xelenia has posted a solution that addresses that precisely:
Current work around is to uninstall Microsoft Windows update KB4103721 in addition to clearing cache.

Funny thing is though, I 've already stated that I haven't been having this problem lately, yet I HAVE NOT uninstalled the indicated update, nor have I cleared my cache. I don't believe it's a Windows issue.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Funny thing is though, I 've already stated that I haven't been having this problem lately, yet I HAVE NOT uninstalled the indicated update, nor have I cleared my cache. I don't believe it's a Windows issue.
If it happened every time, Microsoft would have caught it before release. Most Windows bugs that make it to live release also require some other particular set of conditions which will not be present at all times. It may only be certain video cards, or certain CPUs, or some other piece of hardware that the affected computers share. If it isn't a problem with the release, Microsoft will tell the developers so, and tell them what they have to do to fix it.

Be thankful your system is not one of those for which the indicated update actually bricks it, and makes the computer unbootable without System Recovery. (Assuming you have restore points, because otherwise you'll have to boot to the console and manually remove the update)

Calenmir

I'm sorry, but this is not a reasonable solution. The updates I get through them are for the benefit of my computer. Now you are telling me to remove it (something I don't know how to do) so I can continue playing the game while telling me I still need to clear my cache. How is that a solution?

Perhaps I'm not understanding?

I don't feel it's my job to resolve this. I'm losing my patience with clearing cache multiple times (because it doesnt' always work the first or even second time) to get a city to the point I can reset my buildings. Is this the best you all are offering?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm sorry, but this is not a reasonable solution. The updates I get through them are for the benefit of my computer. Now you are telling me to remove it (something I don't know how to do) so I can continue playing the game while telling me I still need to clear my cache. How is that a solution?

Perhaps I'm not understanding?

I don't feel it's my job to resolve this. I'm losing my patience with clearing cache multiple times (because it doesnt' always work the first or even second time) to get a city to the point I can reset my buildings. Is this the best you all are offering?
It's not Inno's fault if Microsoft issues a patch that interacts badly with other things. The patch in question is affecting users who do not play Elvenar, some to the point that they can't even start their computers after installing it. Getting all wound up at Inno might make you feel better, but is not going to help much.

Calenmir

It's not Inno's fault if Microsoft issues a patch that interacts badly with other things. The patch in question is affecting users who do not play Elvenar, some to the point that they can't even start their computers after installing it. Getting all wound up at Inno might make you feel better, but is not going to help much.
Don't care at all about those folks whose computers won't start - this isn't at all relevant to this game. But my issues are and if you read closely, Ashrem, you will see that I am asking IF I'M MISUNDERSTANDING (because I have also stated I don't know how to do what they are telling us to do). Your comments aren't at all helpful as you aren't giving me options or understanding of what is being said. While I appreciate that anyone may comment on anyone else's posts, getting wound up at me for not appreciating, understanding, or even able to do what they are suggesting is not helping at all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Don't care at all about those folks whose computers won't start - this isn't at all relevant to this game. But my issues are and if you read closely, Ashrem, you will see that I am asking IF I'M MISUNDERSTANDING (because I have also stated I don't know how to do what they are telling us to do). Your comments aren't at all helpful as you aren't giving me options or understanding of what is being said. While I appreciate that anyone may comment on anyone else's posts, getting wound up at me for not appreciating, understanding, or even able to do what they are suggesting is not helping at all.
You started by saying it's not a reasonable solution. At the moment, it's the only solution to keep playing on that machine. If you don't want to roll back the patch, then you'll need a different way to play (different browser). It's pretty simple.

It's absolutely relevant, because the same patch that is crippling a lot of people's computers is what's stopping you from playing. Microsoft issued a bad patch. Period.Maybe Inno will find a work around, maybe they won't. You can wait for Midrosoft to fix it, or you can wait for Inno to find a workaround, or you can remove it and keep playing on that machine. if you want to play on that machine, there is exactly one option.

You have a habit of not finding my comments useful, so it might be best to stop reading them and wait for wait for someone else to say exactly the same thing whereupon it will suddenly make sense to you, as it has before.
DWhile I appreciate that anyone may comment on anyone else's posts, getting wound up at me for not appreciating, understanding, or even able to do what they are suggesting is not helping at all.
More than half of the article I linked earlier is a detailed account of how you can roll back the patch, or your other options if that isn't an option. If you can't find what you need to do in that article, you need someone who can help you do so. Nobody here can remotely do it.

Last edited:

Calenmir

And for the second time you've ignore my comment that I DON'T KNOW HOW, but yet you use the phrase 'if you DON'T WANT TO' .

I have commented on beta VERY SPECIFICALLY that I respect some of what you (and two others) have to share, so please stop putting words in my mouth. If you wish to believe you are right all the time, fine, believe it. Make yourself happy. In the mean time, let me get answers from someone who will actually READ my post.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In the mean time, let me get answers from someone who will actually READ my post.
I have twice, in the last page of this thread, linked to a page that gives instructions for rolling back the update. I'm glad for you that you finally found someone else to do the same so you could understand them

DeletedUser

Thanks - so doing this will remove the recent update?

It should, because this process will reset your computer and reinstall Windows 10. I would recommend printing out that page if you can, because once you begin the reset you can't do anything else until the reset is done. If you have a zip drive you may want to backup your important files just in case. You will have to turn Automatic Updates for Windows off once your computer comes back up, because it will just download all of the missing updates otherwise, and since Microsoft hasn't issued a fix for the buggy update, you'll be right back where you are now. I hope this works for you, because this is the last option that I am aware of right now.

DeletedUser5800

Thanks - so doing this will remove the recent update?
It's a far easier solution to just download another browser and stop using Edge to play the game for now, if you do not already have Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Maxthon, I use all of them with little problem. Over the past 2 years Firefox has been the best in regards to Elvenar specifically. I have had occasional issues with Chrome and IE, Maxthon has been fine but it does decide to try and take your computer over from time to time (it likes to try and trick you into making it your default browser every chance it gets).
Anyway, the point being if I were not already using it for a different account to avoid logging in and out all the time I would just switch to Firefox for Elvenar even if support does say Chrome. ;)
https://www.mozilla.org/firefox

Calenmir

Thank you! I think I may give this a try. I was all set to try and remove the change this evening, but I'm going to give this a try. I have both google and IE (though IE is a real problem for me and I stopped using it a while back).

I tried Google and it's a bit better, but it goes down if you try to do too many things on each city (found that out today), but at least I don't need to risk making a change to my system that I really am not comfortable doing (being rather clueless in that area). At least I don't have to continually clear the cache. Thanks!

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello,

I have decided to tag this thread for archiving. I understand it is an ongoing problem but unfortunately, it is a bug from external sources and not internal. There is not much that can be done beyond the suggested fix mentioned throughout this thread. I will leave the thread in the bug section in the event there is an update between now and the weekend.

Happy gaming.

Last edited: