• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buildings won't open.

DeletedUser5800

someone should file a proper bug report
How's this?
Game version: __ v1.54.2-(332e8d0c3) (2018-05-17 7:56)
Game world: __ Elcysandir
Browser + version: __ Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
Flash Player version: __ 29.0.0.171
Operating System: __ Win 10 Home
Screen resolution: __ 1920x1080
Account name: __ Lord Draconian
Humans or Elves: __ Human

Reproducibility: __5/5

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
Most buildings will not open (exceptions seem to be Guest Race, Ancient Wonders and Military Buildings)

Expected situation:
For the buildings to open

Reproduction Steps
1. __ Log-in
2. __ Collect Productions (coins, supplies, mana, seeds, etc)
3. __ Place mouse over building giving the 'you are over this building illumination graphic'
4. __ Click mouse to open building
5. __ Nothing happens

Note: This also applies to non-production culture buildings and Main Hall. Instead of the pop up detailing the building it just remains unresponsive.
Further Note: It does not seem to affect Guest Race Buildings, Ancient Wonders or some Military Buildings?

Current Solution: Clear Browser Cache for every single log-in

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now if we can just get every person with this issue to do exactly what @Lord Draconian did, instead of just making a complaint post, that would be great. I realize that's like...herding cats that have had far too much nip, but I can only hope. :p

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
When I get home today I will set up my edge to that exact cost figuration and get back to you. I personally do not use edge because it never plays well with the game for me :mad:...ever.

How's this?
Game version: __ v1.54.2-(332e8d0c3) (2018-05-17 7:56)
Game world: __ Elcysandir
Browser + version: __ Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
Flash Player version: __ 29.0.0.171
Operating System: __ Win 10 Home
Screen resolution: __ 1920x1080
Account name: __ Lord Draconian
Humans or Elves: __ Human

Reproducibility: __5/5

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
Most buildings will not open (exceptions seem to be Guest Race, Ancient Wonders and Military Buildings)

Expected situation:
For the buildings to open

Reproduction Steps
1. __ Log-in
2. __ Collect Productions (coins, supplies, mana, seeds, etc)
3. __ Place mouse over building giving the 'you are over this building illumination graphic'
4. __ Click mouse to open building
5. __ Nothing happens

Note: This also applies to non-production culture buildings and Main Hall. Instead of the pop up detailing the building it just remains unresponsive.
Further Note: It does not seem to affect Guest Race Buildings, Ancient Wonders or some Military Buildings?

Current Solution: Clear Browser Cache for every single log-in

DeletedUser17947

I am having the same problem but now no matter how many times I refresh or restart the computer nothing works. Its as though the game has gone on strike for me. Not a happy chappy or getting my daily make that hourly fix

DeletedUser14392

@Fairy Dust I am having the same problem and figured out the clearing cache/refresh fix. I am on Edge and just had the Windows update (that is when it started) I also cannot access my trader when this is happening. I had tried to start a ticket, but I cannot get logged in as it says it does not recognize me. EVERY TIME I have a problem, it takes over 2 hours to get logged in to start a ticket because of the same thing. If this would get fixed, I would appreciate it. Having to clear the cache and refresh every time I change cities is getting really old!

DeletedUser4194

@Fairy Dust I am having the same problem and figured out the clearing cache/refresh fix. I am on Edge and just had the Windows update (that is when it started) I also cannot access my trader when this is happening. I had tried to start a ticket, but I cannot get logged in as it says it does not recognize me. EVERY TIME I have a problem, it takes over 2 hours to get logged in to start a ticket because of the same thing. If this would get fixed, I would appreciate it. Having to clear the cache and refresh every time I change cities is getting really old!

So sorry you are having so much trouble :(
Is it possible for you to contact Support via the link on the Forum's home page? It's on the top right side, under quick links.

Calenmir

Next time try tagging, there have been other matters to address on this forum. I have always said if you need something, tag me. That goes for the bug section.

@No Sane Person , someone should file a proper bug report. I am not having an issue with chrome / Firefox / Opera, thus I cannot replicate it from the OP description.

Xelenia
Will remember this for the future - however, I thought someone would monitor this thread since it's the Bug thread. Having to tag someone (even though I'm not the originator of the thread) was not on my radar, regardless of my comments, but will be if similar happens again. Thanks for the response.

DeletedUser3595

Problem on Edge since last week. Randomly does work, but no set pattern.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Problem on Edge since last week. Randomly does work, but no set pattern.

My niece can almost never open buildings playing on Edge. She did say it seems to work if she restarts her laptop and goes into Elvenar before doing anything else. I have never had this problem playing on Chrome

Calenmir

@Xelenia

This is still an issue. I do believe all the info you need has been made clear within the posts, yet this has not been looked into - and I don't think it's necessary to open a new thread just to report what has been happening since since mid-April. It's becoming a huge problem and a deterrent to wanting to open any of my cities or play at all.

The issue is Edge. It is 5/5 (in other words, it happens all the time). It's because of the recent Windows update. Can you help us or must we continue to clear cache multiple times for each city? Is anyone looking into this or must you have a new problem opened with all the proper fields filled in?

DeletedUser

It's not just Edge, it's also Chrome and Firefox. I don't use Edge, only Chrome and Firefox. It started long before the recent Windows update. Happens on both computers I play on. This is one of the reasons they need the actual bug reports

DeletedUser14392

SorrVixxenJW said:
Is it possible for you to contact Support via the link on the Forum's home page? It's on the top right side, under quick links.

Fairy Dust, May 23, 2018
@Fairy Dust Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. When I try to use the link, I am still unable to contact Support. I have made sure that I am contacting the correct Support server. The problem of having to clear my cache and refresh almost seems to have gotten worse. Instead of every time I enter a city, it is now happening more frequently while in 1 city. It really made it difficult with the FA that we just did!

DeletedUser

Ah, thanks! Thought it was only us Edge users. So the common denominator then is the Windows Update?

See, that's the thing...I'm not sure. In Elvenar, I've been having the problem for quite a while, on both this server and on Beta. But I noticed an issue in Forge of Empires last night, when I collected some things for the event there. So, I don't know what to think. :(

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
It has already been verified.
Current work around is to uninstall Microsoft Windows update KB4103721 in addition to clearing cache.
From my knowledge, chrome should not be impacted.

DeletedUser14078

Will remember this for the future - however, I thought someone would monitor this thread since it's the Bug thread. Having to tag someone (even though I'm not the originator of the thread) was not on my radar, regardless of my comments, but will be if similar happens again. Thanks for the response.

@Calenmir I quoted your post to piggy back on your input.

As the originator of the post I'm gonna jump back in and say when I posted this thread I too thought the section was monitored. I didn't really have the time to go about submitting the "official" bug report, being a full time student and working a full time job life is kinda busy. Being new to this forum I was unaware that tagging someone was good practice in these situations, now I too know though remembering who to tag will escape me.

That being said, seems like others were having this issue as well, which is why I posted the thread to begin with, to see if it was just me or if others were having the same issue. Seeing as how this post stayed at the top of the list for some time now one would think the powers that be would have taken notice. But I guess it's like I tell my clients, never assume anything.

In closing I haven't been experiencing this issue lately.

Thanks all.
FLD

DeletedUser4194

SorrVixxenJW said:

Fairy Dust, May 23, 2018
@Fairy Dust Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. When I try to use the link, I am still unable to contact Support. I have made sure that I am contacting the correct Support server. The problem of having to clear my cache and refresh almost seems to have gotten worse. Instead of every time I enter a city, it is now happening more frequently while in 1 city. It really made it difficult with the FA that we just did!

Unfortunately this is an issue that indeed started with the latest Window update. Xelenia has posted a solution that addresses that precisely:
Current work around is to uninstall Microsoft Windows update KB4103721 in addition to clearing cache.

Silvianar

I have, i've even restarted the computer.
That worked for me but very frustrating. Contacted support, They say it's with the last windows update & notified windows to do a fix. They suggested I try Chrome (I don't like having 2 browsers but) I did and so far so good.

DeletedUser7177

Windows last update messed everything up. I went to internet explorer.