• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buried Treasure Event Mechanics

Gustoff

I'm puzzled trying to determine how I can 'grab' a tool to clear a square. By default we all get 3 shovels. When I poke at it on mobile, there is no indication that it becomes active before I try to poke the slightly exposed square/tile. I've done enough daily quests in the event to buy a set of tools (including the other two types). Is my assumption of poking a tool then poking a tile correct, or should I be doing something else to enable a tool?
B_all_aw3_shards.png

BrinDarby

you are correct, poke'n a tool should highlight it in some way, then
poking a tile "uses 1" of whatever you have selected.

Gustoff

So, I went to the General Forums and watched a demo video (someone with waaaay to many provisions to start) and saw that the *DRAG* the tool to use it. Not what I expected, obviously.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I think it's a difference between browser and mobile. On browser, I definitely click on the tool then click on the square I want. The thinking is probably that it's easier and more intuitive on a touchscreen to drag something rather than touch it twice.

Fayeanne

The funny thing is the browser's tutorial shows dragging the tool, but dragging doesn't work on the browser...

BrinDarby

(someone with waaaay to many provisions to start)
I haven't started dig'n .... I could buy 4-5 (420 pkgs)

I'm sure whomever did the video, didn't want to be
bothered by having to keep buying more, and just
frontload'd a bunch of tools to make video easier to make.