• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Button (or quick key) to jump to Lowest Incomplete Research

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd like to propose a button on the research Window to jump to the lowest incomplete research.

When we are trying to fill in a previously unfinished research either for a quest or looking for a place to drop KP, it can take a great deal of scrolling.

In addition, the green vs gold research bars which have all their KP filled in but are not activated are not sufficiently high contrast to make them easy to find.

A button or key which takes us to the lowest research which is not active would save some unnecessary scrolling and searching.

This would make the game a tiny bit less tedious for a lot of people without adding any complexity to game play

I am unable to envision any downslides either for players or for designers. The screen has lots of available space and those who don't need it won't use it

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you click on a chapter button it does take you to the first un researched tech, but you do have to click every single button if you want to check, and one would be better

Katwick

Cartographer
When I just opened my Tech Tree, it was centered on Caldrons, so I think the "earliest open tech" behavior has already been implemented on the Android Mobile platform.

Myne

Oh Wise One
That was a one time thing, probably triggered by the update. It does not happen on subsequent openings
If you click on the icon on the bottom of the research page, it will take you to whatever chapter you wish for research in browser.

Silver Lady

Every time I’ve open my research tree (starting yesterday & have open multiple times) it opens to Chapter 5 Caldron tech.
Suggestion: What I would rather have is a green check mark on the chapter banner when I’ve completed all research for a chapter.

Edit: corrected grammar

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Every time I’ve open my research tree (starting yesterday & have open multiple times) it opens to Chapter 5 Caldron tech.
Suggestion: What I would rather have is a green check mark on the chapter banner when all research I’d completed for a chapter.
My research tree stopped doing that after I activated the Cauldron tech; it went back to opening on current chapter research techs.
But, the green check mark thing would work for me, especially if it appeared on each chapter banner at the bottom of the tree. Seeing at a glance which chapter had unfinished tech would be great.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Suggestion: What I would rather have is a green check mark on the chapter banner when all research I’d completed for a chapter.
You sort of have this once you have unlocked the cauldron (both on browser and phone):
1673377260206.png
1673377276165.png

Yogi Dave

Since diplomas are given for a chapter only when you have completed every tech in them, would it make sense to have those chapters with uncompleted optional techs in them also show? I'd quit doing the optional squad size techs when it made a difference and left ones that weren't going to give me something I needed or wanted. Generally, they would get filled with the KP needed and I'd keep any guest goods needed for them. Then only complete them when an event wanted me to do research. It was a bit of a pain going back chapter after chapter looking for techs yet to be completed. Alas, all of those are now done, so I have to do that alt. quest.