• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Button to use 5x the same troop type

Alistaire

Since a large majority of auto-fight battles are done with 5x the same troop it would be nice if there was 1 click (perhaps directly under the existing 1x unit click) to make all your units that type. 5 clicks every fight over 20 provinces each tourney adds up.

Or possibly a hotkey for it, like hold ctrl while hitting the + and it would add 5x that unit, or even just "fill all empty spots", then you could use it if you were going 1x 1 type and 4x a 2nd type.

DeletedUser9601

I'll take it one step further. Give us the option of fighting all 4 province fights in one "mega-fight" (same numbers/same squad sizes) :)

i8sh

I will have to disagree with you on this one as I am very active the tournaments and seldom use 5 of the same fighter during when I auto-fight so I don’t see the need. Depending on your race, and where you are on the research tree, there are only few provinces where this might be beneficial.

For arguments sake lets look at how much time you would save with this new button you are proposing. You will have to select which fighter you want and then hit the new “all the same” button. You will effectively be saving 3 clicks, but will have to move your cursor to the new button which you are proposing. I can make those 3 clicks on my mouse faster than I can move the cursor to align it with a new button. If it is only a button below the selected fighter, then you could save 4 clicks...(about 1 second) . Assuming you clear 20 provinces x 6..(which few players do)...you saved yourself 2 minutes/week. Not worth the development time imho.

Yogi Dave

I will have to disagree with you on this one
I agree with your disagreeing. While I find there are quite a few provs where I use 5 of the same troop, there are more where I use a mix. However, many people do either use 5 of the same or cater. So, I understand people's desire for this. However, there are so many things involving too much clicking, that saving a few clicks here doesn't do enough to help with 'trigger finger', which I've had from time to time, especially during the granddaddy of them all - FAs.

I'll take it one step further. Give us the option of fighting all 4 province fights in one "mega-fight" (same numbers/same squad sizes)
In one sense, this makes more sense. While it seems to me like a poor playing strategy for most people since you don't see the mix of enemy for the 4 encounters or the cost of catering, I can see why some people might use it. It may be useful in the early rounds or if your military AWs are at a high level or you are using the 5-day enhancement buildings. But there is the implementation problem of dealing with the various cases of not winning all the encounters - do you start over? I assume they play them all separately and you only have to decide what to do with the ones you lost. Again, it seems like a good bit of work for limited player usage.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Three clicks isn't much. But if you're autofighting 10-20 provinces anywhere from 2 to 5 deep, 60 to 300 clicks a week is a lot of clicks a year. (for just one player)

Another option is "autofight this encounter with previous troop deployment" on the front page of the province. Even if there was a "confirm autofight with x sets of xxxxxxxxx troops", that still saves even more.

the player population is relatively old for online games, and aging further. I've got three active trigger fingers (between 18 and 21 months, apparently a genetic predisposition)

DeletedUser9601

In one sense, this makes more sense. While it seems to me like a poor playing strategy for most people since you don't see the mix of enemy for the 4 encounters or the cost of catering, I can see why some people might use it. It may be useful in the early rounds or if your military AWs are at a high level or you are using the 5-day enhancement buildings. But there is the implementation problem of dealing with the various cases of not winning all the encounters - do you start over? I assume they play them all separately and you only have to decide what to do with the ones you lost. Again, it seems like a good bit of work for limited player usage.
I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek. If I was truly planning it out, there would be the normal 4 encounters per province, or one "super encounter" that is straight up win-or-lose.
It wouldn't really be that simple to implement, and it wouldn't be used all that often as you note by the majority of players, so I'd only really want to see that change in a world of limitless designer energies.
Plus, even complaining about 4 tournaments is being somewhat ungrateful, since I "think" there used to be 8 encounters per province?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I "think" there used to be 8 encounters per province?
Correct. And it also wasn't with your FS, it was against your neighbors. So if you wanted to do well in the Tournament, but had a giant neighbour nearby who was always trashing you, you couldn't even switch to a better FS. Or maybe the reverse, if you had no neighbours, the prizes always sucked?

DeletedUser3352

I will have to disagree with you on this one as I am very active the tournaments and seldom use 5 of the same fighter during when I auto-fight so I don’t see the need. Depending on your race, and where you are on the research tree, there are only few provinces where this might be beneficial.

For arguments sake lets look at how much time you would save with this new button you are proposing. You will have to select which fighter you want and then hit the new “all the same” button. You will effectively be saving 3 clicks, but will have to move your cursor to the new button which you are proposing. I can make those 3 clicks on my mouse faster than I can move the cursor to align it with a new button. If it is only a button below the selected fighter, then you could save 4 clicks...(about 1 second) . Assuming you clear 20 provinces x 6..(which few players do)...you saved yourself 2 minutes/week. Not worth the development time imho.

One, I fight A LOT with 5x, but you may be right without knowing it, since I probably do 5x simply because it is faster. But between my AW strengths and a fair % of foe alignments favoring it, 5x the same works often enough for this to still be a useful idea (imho). This is also 'unit dependent' - Id say I'd use this idea a lot more for tourneys where ranged fighters are the 'strong unit type' for that province.

Two, this suggestion would be that much stronger on the app, where getting troops into battle 'formation' is clunckier than it is in a browser.

Three - the 'fight 4x' idea isnt half bad either...