• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buy Your Way Through Orcs? The Beginning of the End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1055

So from what I can tell, you pretty much have to buy your way through the rest of the game once you hit the Orcs. You can't produce what you need to even build another rally point without diamonds. I've played this game for close to a year now. Put up with a lot of crap. Worked hard to build a Fellowship that has become more like a Family and now I can't even make what I need without diamonds??? I know many who are thinking this is not fun anymore. In fact they are at the point of dreading even loggin in. I'm only still here because of the friendships I have formed, as are they. I'm going to help my FS family, ignore the quests, which aren't even worth the reward they give and NOT spend another dime. If I don't advance anymore - so be it. Elvenar, yes we understand you need to make money and I have paid for special Culture items many times, but to make us pay just to get through the Orcs is taking it a step too far. It's pretty much extortion. I have items ready to be unlocked on the research tree and no way to produce the goods to unlock them.

DeletedUser527

Are you serious? Well, I'm sure you are . . . I've just gotten to Dwarves, still enjoying the game immensely, but do not have plans to buy my way through any part of it. I guess when I get there I'll just abandon my Beta and A world cities and start over.

DeletedUser3297

I haven't made it to orcs yet and don't know if I want to. I love the game and I love how the Fairy chapter looks, I just can't imagine replacing those beautiful Fairy buildings with crap-looking orc stuff. I have made a lot of friendships here too and want to keep playing, but I am more concerned with how my city looks rather than ranking points. I know this adds nothing to the thread, other than I already know that my stopping point is Fairies

DeletedUser1055

Are you serious? Well, I'm sure you are . . . I've just gotten to Dwarves, still enjoying the game immensely, but do not have plans to buy my way through any part of it. I guess when I get there I'll just abandon my Beta and A world cities and start over.
Not going to happen with me. I've put a year into this game, only to have the developers try to shake more change from my pocket? I'll go elsewhere. I don't see much point in starting over when you know where it's going to end. All of my Archmage friends are saying people are leaving their Fellowships in droves, or just stopped playing.

DeletedUser627

We could form a garden club, of sorts. We could continue completing the research, but totally drop out of all the Inno stuff.

We could take some time and save up goods, then demolish most of our city and start a plan to rebuild without so much as thinking about levels or efficiencies. Just some architectural fun.

DeletedUser43

You don't have to spend any diamonds. I am getting through the orcs just fine now. The trick is to delete ALL your culture and use that room for shroom farms and rally points. Then get through the orcs and put the new campfires up. Since upgrading your houses takes more room now, you will eventually need to delete some houses too....so delete them now. You will be negative culture and negative population and you won't be able to build anything while you do this, but you will get through the orc chapter this way.

Upgrade your portal first. Get that to level 4. Make nothing but hardshrooms and psychos while you do that and count carefully and make all the debris you need. Then, when that is done, focus on dung production and then make the shrooms of wisdom.

Feel free to look at my city on arendyll. I am through about 3/4 of the orc chapter now.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Not as far into orcs as Bobbykitty is but certainly don't see the need to buy my way through orcs. My production strategy has been the same as bobbykitty though and fine tuning as I go.

DeletedUser1010

So from what I can tell, you pretty much have to buy your way through the rest of the game once you hit the Orcs. You can't produce what you need to even build another rally point without diamonds.
. You need to place the portal and mushroom farms first, then make Hardshrooms in the mushroom farms (I forgot the amount but hover over the rally point in the build menu and it will say) bc you need the Hardshrooms to build the rally points if your seeing diamonds anywhere it prob is just bc you don't have the right resources to build what you need, or tech unlocked. But the main game play is never diamond only=} hope that helps

DeletedUser1036

Yup I am doing the same as Bobby Kitty myself with a twist. I dropped down in ranks because I realized the more productions of mushroom farms and portals the better. If you study the wiki it takes less time to build a manufactory from 0 to level 19 with just one builder then it does to do a tech in the knowledge tree with a minimal amount of Orc farms and portals so I deleted some of my manufactorys as well. Being an ex-coiner I also got rid of all of my Goddess of Fertility's ( I had 30 of them). While they served their purpose back in the day they don't give you any ranking points.

I now have 4 Orc Portals and 61 mushroom farms and rotate production around building the portal up which is required to be a level 4 by the end of the tree. In just a week or so mine will be level 4, then I will move on to the goods needed to get through the tech tree. Leveling up the portal is the smartest thing you can do vs upgrading individual farms or portals because it increases production of all the farms and rally points at the same time.

I'll worry about rank later, I had made it up to #9 and am currently at 71 which I'm comfortable with. I've been adding orc culture and house's and used the city planner so that I will have enough culture/pop to get my teir 3 goods up to the new max level.

I should add that I still have 3 expansions to go to max my city space out so people complaining about not having enough space are the one's that have a problem of letting go what can easily be rebuilt later and does not cost diamonds to make.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3312

Another hidden downside of having premium culture! I can't delete and replace....

This is going to be one of my problems as well. I have purchased so much Diamond culture because it gives more culture value and often gives population as well. And one needs population to build. smiles. And this is one of the reasons why having a storage area would be so nice. Rather than sell things that will be gone forever to make room for things we must have to complete a chapter, we could store them and know we will pull them back out later and enjoy them again. My opinion is that diamond culture is lovely and coin culture is nice. smiles. I am on of those that spends a lot of time visiting a lot of my neighbors as I enjoy just seeing the different buildings and coming back to my city and working hard to get to the level where I can have some of my own. lol... Yes I am a lustful old woman....... grins

DeletedUser1055

You don't have to spend any diamonds. I am getting through the orcs just fine now. The trick is to delete ALL your culture and use that room for shroom farms and rally points. Then get through the orcs and put the new campfires up. Since upgrading your houses takes more room now, you will eventually need to delete some houses too....so delete them now. You will be negative culture and negative population and you won't be able to build anything while you do this, but you will get through the orc chapter this way.

Upgrade your portal first. Get that to level 4. Make nothing but hardshrooms and psychos while you do that and count carefully and make all the debris you need. Then, when that is done, focus on dung production and then make the shrooms of wisdom.

Feel free to look at my city on arendyll. I am through about 3/4 of the orc chapter now.
I did look at your city. I do appreciate your advice, Bobby. That was very kind of you. But I did not spend the last year of my life building up my city, to have a game make me tear it all down. I have played this game, only missing a week at the most and they want me to rip it apart for Orcs? That is cRaZy. Again, thank you and though it is working for you, I simply can't start all over. If I do, it may as well be in a game that doesn't force you to undo everything you have worked so hard to accomplish. Good Luck to you and thanks again.

DeletedUser43

I'm not talking about starting all over. I am talking about tearing out your culture buildings. It will take about a week to put up the campfires in their place. And removing houses that were going to go anyway. That's all. But, it is slow and I understand that this is awful and no fun at all.

DeletedUser1055

I understand that this is awful and no fun at all.

It isn't any fun at all and when I think of a game, I like challenging, but it should be fun, too. Elvenar is not fun anymore. It's a chore.

Will the last one to Leave Elvenar please turn out the lights?

DeletedUser1349

if i can be of some help. we first hit the wall with dwarves. we found we needed room for them, something new. then we got to fairies and needed more room. now we are at orcs and find we need even more room for them. plan for it! you cannot do orcs with just a few buildings!

i have 3 breeding grounds (appears to be too many), 3 rally points, 32 shroom farms. HUGE production bonus for upgrading, so do that first while you are stuck on tech tree (i have FIVE tech tree points filled with kp, but zero advanced products to complete). i cannot put any more kp on my tech tree, so i am finally putting kp into my ch4 dwarves and fairies 6 wonders.

aside ~ damn event. i got waay too many kp from all the fighting for event quests and gold chest 50 kp. lol totally screwed up my plans and why so many tech tree problems. too many kp, who knew? LOL

bobbi, YES, too many players stress culture bonus and have waaay too many culture buildings. give up bonus, change visiting instructions to main hall. you all already have tons of workshops, right?

DeletedUser2424

Couple remarks... First, yes the Orc chapter is slower than fairies but it's only twice, 3x tops.

If you don't like to build AW's then you have even less to complain about... Why do you want to be finished the chapter and then have literally nothing to put your KP towards???

The good thing about Orcs Chapter

The Orc chapter has over Fairies is all the good stuff is at the beginning. Workshops, MH, and Barracks and then the Cerberus upgrade are all at the beginning... In fairies we had to wait until close to the end to get the barracks, Priest Promo and Ponds of Recreation. That's not the case with orcs.

RE: Upgrade Portal First Advice
My gut told me like most of you... surely it's better to upgrade portal first since it helps all farms. Math doesn't agree with this. Essentially upgrading shroom farms is 3x less and you get to put those hardshrooms to work to benefit you sooner. It's like compounded interest...

I ran two scenarios, where you only have 8 shroom farms. Upgrading all 8 to LVL2, then updating to Portal to LVL2 vs. updating portal first than upgrading farms.
2016-08-30_06-01-41.png
As you can see upgrading the schroom farms first wins by 10 days. And this scales so if you had 16 farms it would be the same net result just shorter
total time.

Another reason to not upgrade everything first...

Also, since all the good stuff is at the beginning it's best to actually build some of them first before upgrading anything! If your goal is to get through the tech tree as fast as possible... then disregard. But, in my opinion that's dumb. Get your new workshops, MH, and barracks which provide a wealth of benefits to your ranking points and production of things... then start optimizing for completing the tree faster. Look at the costs of upgrading them vs. the stuff in the latter part of the tree. They're all pretty cheap comparatively. Plus the tools needed to do all the upgrades is also an important consideration and you'll want to spread this out.
2016-08-30_06-25-06.png

DeletedUser43

I have found that I am short on rally point stuff way more than I am short on farm stuff, so for me, upgrading the portal was paramount. It is also super easy just to delete all your culture and give yourself a lot more room for brand new shroom farms. They are quick and easy to make. But when you start needing tons of shrooms of wisdom, you need tons of orc dung. Then you need lots of loot so you need a bunch of armament and your rally points are never enough. I have 5 now and I might make a 6th soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.