• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

buying kp

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaira

i've been trying all morning to buy the 10kp requested by #15 in winter magic but am unable. clicking on the + does nothing. can't continue in the game. PLEASE FIX as you are slowing me down!!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have never been able to in the 3+ years I have played the game.
I can right now. Just did.

edit: tried both browser and Mobile, works in both. I have 28KP in my bar after doing a round in the tournament and buying 3 more, two mobile, one browser.

I have never been unable to purchase as a result of a full bar.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I can right now. Just did.

edit: tried both browser and Mobile, works in both. I have 28KP in my bar after doing a round in the tournament and buying 3 more, two mobile, one browser.

I have never been unable to purchase as a result of a full bar.

I probably have not bothered to try in a long time, but in the past, whenever I tried to click on the + when my KP bar was full, nothing would happen until I spent at least one KP. And then I could buy back up to full and then have to spend again, etc.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My experience is in line with @Ashrem 's. It has always been that way for me. Seems like there's a hint on the opening screens about it, but of course I haven't seen it since I saw this thread. The Wiki info would seem to indicate the expected behavior is for kp that is purchased or won as a reward to be added even if the kp bar is full. You can view the Wiki here:
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Knowledge_Points

That should not be true. I am able to buy KP with a full bar.
Agreed! but in the opening tips today, it said that you dont lose them, however in my reporting the massive KP to Support, they keep telling me differently. This game definitely has lots of bugs, and room for improvement for a newbie like me... Do they have a Suggestion box by any chance? ElvenProenix
Still, I am grateful you guys but don't ask me if I'm having fun yet... ElvenPhoenix still trying to dig myself out of newbie mistakes...

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Fairy Dust can you chime in here? I don't want to mislead anyone and it looks like @ElvenPhoenix has had a convo with support re: losing earned or purchased kp with a full kp bar. I'm more familiar with earned kp and am positive you keep collecting that with a full bar. I do it twice/wk in 2 cities: round 2 and round 5 of the tourneys, lol! Hoping you can clear up any misunderstandings about purchased kp :)

@ElvenPhoenix
I have 2 cities; still love the one I started in that's full of newbie *mistakes*, lol! Helps keep the experience from being so cookie cutter. I started my 2nd city a bit over a year after the first. I really like that city, too, but it's very different from my first one even though both are Elves. Considering adding a third and trying out the Human city...maybe...one day...:D

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, that "did you know" quote says you will not lose any won kp when your bar is full. But is says nothing about buying kp with a full bar. Adding kp to a full bar that is not bought from the + button works correctly for me. But even if there was a change in an update to allow you to purchase kp with a full bar, I know it was not always that way. Or it is a bug a lot of us have that was never fixed.

@Fairy Dust can you chime in here? I don't want to mislead anyone and it looks like @ElvenPhoenix has had a convo with support re: losing earned or purchased kp with a full kp bar. I'm more familiar with earned kp and am positive you keep collecting that with a full bar. I do it twice/wk in 2 cities: round 2 and round 5 of the tourneys, lol! Hoping you can clear up any misunderstandings about purchased kp :)

@ElvenPhoenix
I have 2 cities; still love the one I started in that's full of newbie *mistakes*, lol! Helps keep the experience from being so cookie cutter. I started my 2nd city a bit over a year after the first. I really like that city, too, but it's very different from my first one even though both are Elves. Considering adding a third and trying out the Human city...maybe...one day...:D
OH NO, not humans they are such a inferior race!!! ;)

Thanks samidodamage! I definitely am frustrated with Support...:mad: especially when this last individual actually denied what I was seeing happening right on my screen, while I am making suggestions of how they can confirm what I'm seeing is true. Forgive my rant but I'm elderly and severely ill. I worked most of my life in management and my values differ from those I, thus far, encountered when reporting to Support the issues I'm having. For me, there are always solutions and ways to improve a situation, but only if someone is willing to accept that there IS a problem. Thus far, that hasnt occurred. Denyiny a problem exist doesn't resolve it, it just lets it fester! Also its an insidious way of calling someone a liar. When I realized there was no way I was going to get any help without asking for this last individual to provide me with direction to speak with a supervisor? The response I got? Just put it this way... it took a lot of self discipline on my part to simply wait and see if that individual follows through. I AM a newbie, and yup, made some mistakes, yet if I'm also providing helpful suggestions for the developers to keep some future newbie's from simply giving up, while also providing them with exactly what is happening. Well that individual IMHO is hindering company goals. Thats why I'm grateful I found you guys. Right now, my World map is completely filled with unfinished provinces that are all labeled 'very difficult' so I got caught into pushing that button 'buy diamonds' using them to buy my way out but then in short time I realized "Wow, I'm spending tons of money and still not getting anywhere- money I don't have to spend. But I like the game and the concept, especially the concept of 'being neighborly' but out of say 30 neighbors, two recriprocate so I reached out via in game email and one responded giving me some more info that wasn't clear but I know more now. I have sword dancers and rangers that are supposed to fight orc generals, fairies and dwarves with 5-6000 HPoints? so I visit neighbors religiously and without the opportunity to accumulate KP's my grinding to chapter 5 is impossible. I would like to find out more about these tourneys and fellowships...but with the tourneys, my apprehension is they might expect me to use my world map (Stuck again) and with the Fellowship? Some people get stark raving mad when someone who knows what they are doing, makes a mistake (my sister used to play many games, She was even the girlfriend to this big guild leader and sometimes I watched and listened in as they were 'raiding'. Whoa! some serious arguments there! I can imagine myself saying "Ah guys, its only a game, lets focus on the target not each other! Then Boom, I.m instantly deleted! Its all good! If I do get a response back from the supervisor...Im doubtful! And can manage to get out of the trap I'm in, then surely I'm confident that I will learn quickly through my mistakes but at least you guys are willing to answer questions without shaming a newcomer, and in my book, that is precious.

I do have a question to ask you though... Specifics: In my inventory, I have some instants that wont allow me to utilize them. I got them from the two a day rewards for being neighborly and the Winter festival event.. mostly I'm interested in the time reducing spells as I can't do much re: my World Map right now, Ugh! It would be tremendously helpful to take advantage of these spells. When I click to activate, a screen comes up saying these spells cannot be used from this inventory, but also provides a list (in icons) of what they can be used for... it only provides a list what they can be used for and not HOW or what I need to do to use them. Can you explain what I need to do to utilize them? Thanks guys!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
To use time booster instants you go to where you want to reduce the time. There will be a green bar with an hourglass; click there and you'll get a window with all available time instants and can cast them from that screen.
2 examples:
Speed up Workshop production: Click on the WS while it's producing; the info screen will have the green bar/hrglass. Click there to choose time instants and cast.
Speed up Scout on map province: go to the map and find the province that's being scouted. The green bar/hrglass will be in the scouting window. Click there to choose time instant and cast.

To use time booster instants you go to where you want to reduce the time. There will be a green bar with an hourglass; click there and you'll get a window with all available time instants and can cast them from that screen.
2 examples:
Speed up Workshop production: Click on the WS while it's producing; the info screen will have the green bar/hrglass. Click there to choose time instants and cast.
Speed up Scout on map province: go to the map and find the province that's being scouted. The green bar/hrglass will be in the scouting window. Click there to choose time instant and cast.
You guys are the best!!! Thank you all for doing what you do..... Btw, I just cashed in my ribbons for prizes for the Winter event, one was 100 ribbons and wouldn't you know, I didn't receive them... Are we having fun yet?

2 examples:
Awesome! Thanks soooooo much.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, I finally had a chance to check with a full KP bar and it does let me buy extra now. So I do not know when they updated the game to allow it, but I clearly remember the early days of playing the game and buying KP and as soon as I had 10, all the buttons to buy more greyed out, even the Diamond buttons. I could not go over 10 by buying at all. This may have been before Inspiring Meditation was even available.

Status
Not open for further replies.