• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can a stage 10 Mermaids Paradise replace a Tier 1 manufactory?

DeepTerminal

I'm currently on Chapter 5, and have 6 planks manufactories (my boosted tier-1). Once I upgrade them to dwarven style (levels 16-19), I plan to sell 2 (keep 4). But now I have a stage 10 fully evolved Mermaids Paradise, which is giving me 1k of each tier-1 goods every day. As I upgrade it, it's going to produce even more. Does that mean I only have to keep 3 planks manufactories after upgrades?

Also generally speaking, how many tier-1 manufactories is a stage 10 Mermaids Paradise equivalent to? 1, 2, or more?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Paradise is more a replacement building for players boosted in marble, than those boosted in steel or planks, and even then only if the Mountain Halls AW is built up. For planks, even in chapter 14 at level 10, the Paradise only produces around 7500 planks every 24 hours. A chapter 14 planks factory for a planks boosted player makes almost that much with a 9-hour production.

Deleted User - 3932582

The Paradise is more a replacement building for players boosted in marble, than those boosted in steel or planks, and even then only if the Mountain Halls AW is built up. For planks, even in chapter 14 at level 10, the Paradise only produces around 7500 planks every 24 hours. A chapter 14 planks factory for a planks boosted player makes almost that much with a 9-hour production.
Ahem, at L10 it produces that much (actually more) of each T1 good...

MP is a great replacement for T1 for later chapters. The problem with replacing that early in the game is upgrades. Regular manufactories are trivial to upgrade, but for MP you will need RR spells, or MP production will fall behind. And that's a lot of RRs to carry the building to the later chapters. But considering you will need to remove excess manufactories as they grow anyway, you can dump some earlier than otherwise possible, and get carried with MP for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ahem, at L10 it produces that much (actually more) of each T1 good.

No, it does not. A level 10, chapter 14 Paradise will produce about 8500 marble, 8000 steel, and 7500 planks, give or take a little because I do not have the exact numbers in front of me. And because marble is my boost, and I built the Mountain Halls, I collect a little over 13,000 marble instead, every 14 hours.

Deleted User - 3932582

No, it does not. A level 10, chapter 14 Paradise will produce about 8500 marble, 8000 steel, and 7500 planks, give or take a little because I do not have the exact numbers in front of me.
Um, you just confirmed exactly what I said - L10 MP produces more than 7500 planks that you mentioned in each T1 good (e.g. 8,460 marble + 7,990 steel + 7,520 planks, to be precise). So every 24 hours you get a tad less than 24K of T1 goods from MP.

I am boosted in planks. Maxed out planks manufactory, with max boost and L6 Mountain Halls and assuming aggressive 6x 3hr collections can produce a bit more than 22K of T1 goods a day. Now maxed out planks is bigger (4x5 vs 4x4) and requires a ton of pop and culture instead of producing it. So it's not even close.

DeletedUser19439

Replace? Meh. Supplement, absolutely. Gross production may not match a manufacturer @700% relic boost & 150% culture boost. BUT, the absolute efficiency of the L10 Paradise makes it valuable. Instead of USING pop & culture, it GIVES pop & culture. The lifespan of the MP will be determined by how readily you acquire RRs to do the upgrades as you move through the chapters, and where this building is in your priority for upgrades.
Specifically, the space needed to support (pop & culture) an L19 Planks in Dwarves would be double the 10 squares of the manufacturer, bringing necessary squares used to >30, vice the 16 used by the MP...not even considering the 7-10 squares of pop/culture provided by the MP. If you want to get into Soggy level of details, you should also consider the squares needed for the extra roads needed and, of course the AW instant freebies that are thrown in for the cherry on top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I agree with MinMax, you have to count all the t1 goods received (not just your boosted good) from the Mermaids paradise to compare it with your boosted manufactory. Because you would (should) be trading your excess boosted goods from your manufactory for the other tier 1 goods.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah I agree with MinMax, you have to count all the t1 goods received (not just your boosted good) from the Mermaids paradise to compare it with your boosted manufactory. Because you would (should) be trading your excess boosted goods for the other tier 1 goods.

Well, regardless of what you or @MinMax Gamer are thinking, I was answering the question as it was asked, and no, the Paradise planks production by itself would not replace a planks factory, at least in some (most?) chapters.

Besides, if he wants more steel and marble, he will just post cross-tier trades offering elixir, just like everyone else does these days, right @Nonchalant Antipathy ? ;)

DeletedUser19439

It does, as I pointed above. Manufactories are not affected by the culture boost. They can be boosted with MM spells, but it is difficult to run on MMs 24/7.

I am in Wizards, and am active daily (4-5x 3-hr & 1x 9-hr), so my L23 steel yields 14.5-17K, which is a bit more than the 13.7K total T1 from an L10 MP.

Looking at the Dwarves numbers, an L19 @700% boost would be 3.5-5K/day vice the ~3K for the MP

Hence the “may not match” I cited previously...although it is fairly close.

DeletedUser21110

Um, you just confirmed exactly what I said - L10 MP produces more than 7500 planks that you mentioned in each T1 good (e.g. 8,460 marble + 7,990 steel + 7,520 planks, to be precise). So every 24 hours you get a tad less than 24K of T1 goods from MP.

I am boosted in planks. Maxed out planks manufactory, with max boost and L6 Mountain Halls and assuming aggressive 6x 3hr collections can produce a bit more than 22K of T1 goods a day. Now maxed out planks is bigger (4x5 vs 4x4) and requires a ton of pop and culture instead of producing it. So it's not even close.

Not only is it equivalent in goods produced, as you mentioned MinMax, but it also doesn't cost you population or culture but in fact does the opposite by providing 2958 pop/ 5950 culture at L10 on chapter 14. On top of all that you also get 3 Ancient Knowledge every day as well. I am boosted in steel, but this building is a win-win and I will be going for two if possible.

Deleted User - 3932582

I am in Wizards, and am active daily (4-5x 3-hr & 1x 9-hr), so my L23 steel yields 14.5-17K, which is a bit more than the 13.7K total T1 from an L10 MP.

Looking at the Dwarves numbers, an L19 @700% boost would be 3.5-5K/day vice the ~3K for the MP

Hence the “may not match” I cited previously...although it is fairly close.
Fair enough, I haven't looked at numbers for the lower chapters - I assumed these would just scale down. I think part of that might be a step effect on manufactories - upgrades for these are chunky, and once in several chapters you're getting a big jump in productivity. And then you stay at that level for quite a while. Evolving buildings, on the other hand, improve with every chapter. Perhaps devs generally marked production to a single T1 manufactory on average, meaning that in some chapters MP would be ahead, and in some it would be behind.

By the way, I highly doubt that you can run 5x3hr+1x9hr without slippage, so this upper bound is not really achievable ;)

DeletedUser19439

By the way, I highly doubt that you can run 5x3hr+1x9hr without slippage, so this upper bound is not really achievable ;)

I probably squeeze in a 5&1 cycle about once a week. As a retired old fart, I have a pretty flexible schedule.

DeletedUser20951

Besides, if he wants more steel and marble, he will just post cross-tier trades offering elixir, just like everyone else does these days, right @Nonchalant Antipathy ? ;)
No, no, no, you hush now! The virus has spread too far as it is! KILL IT. *frantically stomps on cross-tier trades* ARGH! *cross-tier rise up and devours* EeeeeeeEEEEE- *silence prevails as cross-tier slink towards world domination*

DeletedUser5676

worth noting you can't redirect your mermaid paradise to producing a small supplement of sentient goods when pushing for a tech.

Deleted User - 3932582

worth noting you can't redirect your mermaid paradise to producing a small supplement of sentient goods when pushing for a tech.
True, but it's very inefficient (at the very least from the seeds perspective). Probably better off running MM or time boost on boosted sentient production.

kctanzen

Thanks for the maths breakdown .. I may try to be a little more pearl efficient.
Im just short of 5k corals and need roughly 9.5 lines of pearls to get one of these to max.
These 64 value coral quests are ... annoying at best and hair pulling / head bang on the wall at worst.

DeletedUser19439

Thanks for the maths breakdown .. I may try to be a little more pearl efficient.
Im just short of 5k corals and need roughly 9.5 lines of pearls to get one of these to max.
These 64 value coral quests are ... annoying at best and hair pulling / head bang on the wall at worst.
Actually, it’s only 8.5 “lines” of 20 pearls to get the 9 artifacts necessary to get you from L1 to L10.

kctanzen

Kab -- I think you forgot that the evolving instant is every other line.
One on the first line of 20 and then it goes every other one from there for a while.
There are a number of expiring buildings in between each instant.

So after that first one, it takes 2 lines of pearls to get one evolving instant :)