• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived can no longer use cut and paste in in-game messages

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I just noticed that I can no longer use the cut and paste function in my in-game messenger. I can still highlight text. But when I right click to try to copy it, I am instead getting a menu with the following options: Support, Forums, FaceBook, More Games, V1.108.2(click to copy). I have tried clicking on the final option, but it does not seem to copy the highlighted text. And even if it did do so, there is no longer an option to paste the text in a new message. In addition to messenger, the same thing is happening in the fellowship chat window.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think this started around the beginning of June (when there were a bunch of major issues, like being unable to log into the game). I've gotten around it by highlighting and then using Ctrl-C (copy) Ctrl-V (paste). Those are windows commands; it's different for macs, but I don't know what those are.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I don't know why they did this. As an Archmage I have to copy and paste a lot, this really sucks. It took 3 years for us to get them to implement copy and paste in the messages and chat in game only to have it removed again! Not happy about this change.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't think it is a problem for everyone but it does seem like once it stops working for you, it doesn't work ever again, lol! @Sir Squirrel and I had noticed it back on June 1st (here)and it has been this way for both of us since then. Some other oddities around that time (weird spire battles, etc) seem to have been fixed. I also don't know what caused them to make such a change or why they are unable/unwilling to change it back. I'm with both of you that it is indeed annoying at best and downright rage-inducing when I'm cranky to start with and pressed for time, lol!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Since it stopped working for us at different times, it can't be just Elvenar. Maybe it works fine on certain versions of browsers but does not work on others? I do think I got an auto-update to MS Edge around the time mine stopped working. @samidodamage @Sir Squirrel do you remember if you received any general updates to your browser around the time it stopped working for you?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't think I did. I'm using Chrome and HTML. I tried to open the game on my Edge browser a while back, but it required Flash, so I didn't do it. I haven't tried in quite a while now.

michmarc

I think this is the difference between HTML5 and Flash. I play in Edge which uses HTML5. [The current Edge uses the same backend as Chrome and can even install most Chrome extensions.] When I right-click, I see the game menu (as you describe). I loaded the game up in Internet Explorer (which would use Flash) and when I right click, I see the browser menu which happens to include cut/copy/paste (as well as a context menu for Adobe Flash).

I've always used the keyboard shortcuts for cut-n-paste and that works in both versions.

DeletedUser6788

Just use control c and control v once you have highlighted the text.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In my browser, Firefox, the "facebook, etc" menu comes up, but at the bottom it says, "click to copy" next to the version number. So you can copy, if only the version number, which, of course, you are going to constantly use, right? LOL.

AJ

Mizpah2

@Henroo If you are using HTML, you can drag your mouse across text in the chat or messages to reverse highlight it. You then hit Ctrl+C to copy and can paste the text anywhere by hitting Ctrl+V.