• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can someone explain why..?

DeletedUser6335

I get why improving/upgrading buildings cost a bit more each time; what I don't get is why something that is the *same* goes up in cost. *Why* do expansions - which stay the same exact size go up in cost (game currency/goods and Diamonds? It just seems a bit..well, silly to me. Especially the Diamonds, I mean setting a cost of squares/real life cash seems like it would make more sense and possibly get more folks to spend for Diamonds. I'm sure someone wouldn't buy something that went up in cost every time they purchased it if it stayed *exactly* the same (especially not if they had to purchase it 20+ times). So, can someone explain why this is the way it is?

WolfSinger

Expansions are considered a luxury item or a premium item. Yes, the size of the expansion stays the same, but it's effect on your city increases with each purchase.

BTW: you do not have to purchase them - there are players who play without buying the premium expansions.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'm sure someone wouldn't buy something that went up in cost every time they purchased it if it stayed *exactly* the same (especially not if they had to purchase it 20+ times).

Actually this occurs regularly in the world but normally it is a different person who buys it after you. Supply and demand as things get rare the price goes up. In the case of city expansions the value is meant to reflect an increasing benefit to your city by having the extra space.

The game has this inflationary experience in several areas and not always with diamonds.

DeletedUser6335

Thank you for the replies. I know I don't have to purchase them...it's just I'd be more likely to do so if I felt I was getting "value" for the money. I guess I'm old fashioned (and maybe cheap), but I can't see paying more and more to get pretty much the same thing. True, it gives me more room to grow, *but* it also takes more room (as the buildings get bigger). *Shrug* I guess I'll just boggle at it and I'll have to do without. :)

DeletedUser2963

I might be wrong, but with everything inno has been doing, I got the distinct impression that they do not actually "want" players to buy expansions.