• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can we go back in time to when they actually let us finish goals!?

mommers1010

Years ago, I could get level 9 or 10 on all the evoloving buildings. Now it’s a struggle to get 5 or 6! Could we please have a decent chance here? I understand that the developers are wanting more money, but players on a low fixed income still want to play too! I would be a lot more likely to purchase ANYTHING if I didn’t feel like I was being squeezed . I used to purchase diamonds in the past, but now am not. The game is not changing in a good way, and more people keep leaving it because the fun is being sucked out of it. I am in a very active group, and players keep leaving saying it’s just not enjoyable anymore!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yeah, I hear you here. It was pretty easy, before, to just finish all the quests and get the 9 artifacts needed to raise the evolving building to 10. Now I seem to be one or two short each time. On the other hand, there are ways I can get those last two. I mean I can do the FA and get one. And they will, eventually, pop up in crafting or some other place. So, it's not necessary to actually spend diamonds. Unless, of course, you want to move ahead faster than a ten mile an hour bird in a twenty mile an hour headwind.

AJ

Myne

Oh Wise One
It IS harder to get them all. I don't know about everyone else, but I still have to eat and sleep. Much as I would like to, I cannot live on the game. I think they now plan on these things being "collectible". It's getting to the point that it's frustrating even me, and I am one who enjoys games that require patience and strategy. How do you strategize for items that are so difficult to get?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I agree with @defiantoneks that at least we aren't getting hit hard by not finishing the building...they just don't give us much. I haven't built the last 3, and won't, probably, build the current one.

Someday though, in a parallel universe, we will have a way to trade artifacts. That would probably solve a lot of problems. Is there a transport to that parallel universe yet?

AJ

Yogi Dave

...On the other hand, there are ways I can get those last two. I mean I can do the FA and get one. And they will, eventually, pop up in crafting or some other place.
They are so very expensive to craft. Don't they require something like 3 blueprints?
Years ago, I could get level 9 or 10 on all the evoloving buildings. Now it’s a struggle to get 5 or 6!
I'd be very nice if they could be completed like they used to be ...
good thing is, many of the recent evolving buildings have been a disappointment.
... but would be nicer if they were really worth placing. It's hard to recommend people place them. They don't even look very appetizing for people in the lower chapters, much less for us old-timers.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The RNG Gods have heard you! Now you will win a crap ton of artifacts in the Spire as follow up, but not enough to fully evolve two bases to ensure it continues to feel like you have too many artifacts. The last slot in your MA will now also show a prevalence of artifacts and not Pet Food.

... but would be nicer if they were really worth placing. It's hard to recommend people place them. They don't even look very appetizing for people in the lower chapters, much less for us old-timers.
Jokes aside, yeah...eventually you just don't have space for them all anyway. I feel like a local kitchen is a must have for an ant in between raiding other fellowship's snack pantries so I'll have it in my big city. My little city (chap 6) has it more for the pop/culture, but it'll prob be replaced as more events come. I have zero FOMO for events.

Arkadia

:oops: so my questions to @mommers1010
Are you an active player?
Do you login 1-2x a day and collect the event stuff dropped around your city?
Do you finish all the quests in the events?
Cause if you do, you should be able to level them up to at least 8-9, most likely 9, and that's without spending $
then get an extra artifact in the following FA.
If you answered NO to any of my Qs, than that is your reason, and if you want your artifacts, then either start logging in more often, complete all the quests, or spend some $

Hope this helped ;)

BrinDarby

you see thats the problem right there, especially when a
set is involved..... FAs should be thier own event, with thier
own prizes, not a way to adjust for nerf'n every other event
so FAs become need'd just to complete other stuff.....

I agree with OP 110%.

bkbajb

Cause if you do, you should be able to level them up to at least 8-9, most likely 9, and that's without spending $
If you answered NO to any of my Qs, than that is your reason, and if you want your artifacts, then either start logging in more often, complete all the quests, or spend some $

Hope this helped ;)

I agree with you. I do not see the events being any harder than they used to be. The quest lists are available before the event starts so players that are having a hard time should plan ahead. I have no problem being able to evolve the buildings. I do not plan ahead but I have been playing this game long enough to know what is coming and I am ready. Maybe some players want an easier game. Me, I prefer the challenges. Which is why I have played for so long. Great post.

Yogi Dave

There is also the question of tactics. This event required you to make dishes. There are a couple that are better than the others to get the grand prizes. Generally, the best ones are listed with the quests lists people have made. That didn't appear to be the case for this event. A person in my FS who plays in beta told us what a well know beta player listed as the best ones. This was in the forum, so it would take digging through that to find it unless you are following the forum. Most of the other evens have had someone do the math and list from best to worst which chests maximize getting grand prizes or daily prizes. An event or so ago, someone complained about not getting all the artifacts using the same method they'd always used - buying the cheapest chest. Unfortunately, in that event, they were the worst chests to take. The best 2 cost over 100 and next was 79. So, you can't depend on the past which is the best. You have to do the math or find the info from someone who has done the math.

Pheryll

Set Designer
There is also the question of tactics. This event required you to make dishes. There are a couple that are better than the others to get the grand prizes. Generally, the best ones are listed with the quests lists people have made. That didn't appear to be the case for this event. A person in my FS who plays in beta told us what a well know beta player listed as the best ones. This was in the forum, so it would take digging through that to find it unless you are following the forum. Most of the other evens have had someone do the math and list from best to worst which chests maximize getting grand prizes or daily prizes. An event or so ago, someone complained about not getting all the artifacts using the same method they'd always used - buying the cheapest chest. Unfortunately, in that event, they were the worst chests to take. The best 2 cost over 100 and next was 79. So, you can't depend on the past which is the best. You have to do the math or find the info from someone who has done the math.

One of the issues preventing the math getting done was the amount of data that was hidden from us. We had the percentages for the flavor loot, but not a precise indication of how to value them from what was described in game. I had to get these hidden figures from the idavis site to be able to correctly value them.

Smooper

...and it seems like iDavis is the only one left who does this. With Jack, Soggyshorts and Tomatohu, and MinMax gone from the game, who's going to do the math or at least publish them? @Pheryll do you publish the values anyplace?
Now where did TomatoHu go? All these great references are disappearing starting (for me at least) with Elvengems and PlatinumLeaf. If we lose ElvenStats I (as an AM) don't know if I will be able to continue.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Mine is at level 9 right now. Not sure if I'll get to 10 or if I'll have to get that from the FA.

But I do always get the Stash Outpost ( that is the name, right? ) so I imagine that makes a big difference.

Oh and btw
I did this one without the help of iDavis or others.
Still reached the one-a-day tasks fairly quickly.
Once you've been playing a while you pretty much know what is going to be asked.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Excellent. If right, then the exact deduction should be 2.98 for every 10% flavor loot chance.

EDIT: Since I did the math wrong the first time I will show below
Dish value: 2^(tier-1)
Tier 5 dish value: 16, Tier 6 dish value: 32
Dish value per chef hat: (.4 x 1 + .3 x 2 + .15 x4 + .1 x8 + .05 x16)/4 = 0.8
Dish value reduction (100 x .05 x .8 + 75 x .05 x .8 + 50 x .15 x .8 + 16 x .45 + 32 x .3) = 29.8
10% chance dish reduction = 29.8/10 = 2.98

...and it seems like iDavis is the only one left who does this. With Jack, Soggyshorts and Tomatohu, and MinMax gone from the game, who's going to do the math or at least publish them? @Pheryll do you publish the values anyplace?

I don't publish beyond placing a few posts. The above were my calculations from idavis data that led to the valuation of flavor loot at 30 dish value. But still, with the layout as is, it is much more difficult to describe which offer to place which value with as there is no number next to the offer, you have to manually calculate it out from the dishes present and then account for the flavor loot reduction.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The events are different than they used to be. They require more of a time and planning commitment JUST to get the quest tasks completed. The randomness built into the dishes you have to make, the number of points you get, the extra bundles that you might win is a HUGE difference from the beginning events.

My very first event was very straightforward. You completed the quest list, you got the prize. End of. We need some of those again.

The evolves are useful depending on your style of play. I like them for the most part but if I can't get the kitchen to level 10 for the slimmest of chances to get pet food, it isn't worth placing. I won't get the tenth evolve unless I can manage it in the FA. I have a small group, so we that might not be possible. I will use the evolves I have and then teleport it. It will sit and take up space in my inventory.

Yogi Dave

. But still, with the layout as is, it is much more difficult to describe which offer to place which value with as there is no number next to the offer, you have to manually calculate it out from the dishes present and then account for the flavor loot reduction.
I hear you. It can turn into a can of worms with all the possible cases. It's easy with the old three chests appear and you choose one. Computing the odds wasn't that difficult. The walk through the swamp or sand, the post office, and the current one of making dishes are much more difficult to impossible to say exactly what works. All that can be done is give good hints.

Kadhrin

so....

Hope this helped ;)

Felyndral city:
Active: yes.
# of daily logins: 2-4.
Grabbed event hats: yes.
Finished all quests: yes.
Current number of artifacts: 7. :confused: