• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can you chat in game on your PC/Mac?

• Thread starter DeletedUser6653
  • Start date

Can you chat in-game on your pc/mac?

• Total voters

DeletedUser6653

Just curious how many folks are able to use the chat feature on your PC/Mac. If you only lose access intermittently that would be a "yes".
Also, if you vote "no" please also post how long you have lacked this feature.

(edit-noticed a typo)

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I do have the intermittent problem where clearing cache, browser refresh, everything doesn't get it to come up. But it's only ever lasted for a few hours at most.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
That's a pretty big deal o.o
It is a big deal, but I've heard of other players with that issue. There was a statement on the support page that they were aware of the issue and working on it, but had no time frame for repair. I don't see that statement there any longer, but I've seen nothing to suggest it is fixed either...

DeletedUser6653

I have contacted support, that's what inspired this thread.

The bolded part is specifically why i have made this thread. since it only affects certain players, i want to find out which player those are.:confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:

edit-want is not spelled wand o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Laochra

My hubby & I had to trade pcs, because his in-game chat worked & mine didn't. Since I am AM x4 & Mage x1, it was crucial for me to be able to communicate with my fellowships & he didn't mind not having it, since he rarely chats, though it would be nice to have it available, in case he needs to post a request. The non-working chat quit right after the first FA. A month later, it worked for about an hour in 2 of my cities, then failed again & hasn't been back up since. When I messaged Support, I asked them for an explanation other than the regurgitated default comments. They did nicely respond stating that it was not a pc issue on our end, but a problem that they were having difficulty finding a resolution to on their end. Before we ended up trading pcs, I started a Discord channel for each of my FS & several members like to chat there instead of in-game. Even those that aren't tech savvy were able to log in & keep in contact. I have even put the mobile version on my cell, so if RL keeps me away from the game, I can at least reach someone from my fellowships to let them know.

DeletedUser6653

interesting that switching PCs worked for you, i am not able to get chat from any PC (i have more than 1 though they all have the same OS)

Laochra

It made us think that it was a pc issue on our end, until Support confirmed that it is issues on their end. Once in a while, hubby will open one of his cities & the chat will be on, but it only lasts for a very short duration.

StarLoad

I was not able to access the PC chat on any of mine or my Wife's cities and that was over 3 separate PC's this was ongoing for several months. Until last Thursdays' (12/7) update, after that all city chats are working? go figure

DeletedUser13415

I've worked with chat things that use websockets in the past and we ran into issues on certain corporate networks.
Perhaps there is something with your network that is preventing it from working.

I believe they use socket.io... See if this demo works for you: https://socket.io/demos/chat/

Laochra

My hubby is wondering if Windows 10 could be the culprit, or at least part of the problem. The pc & laptop that we have that uses Windows 10 does not have a working chat. My Windows 7 pc does though. Maybe it's a combination of issues on Inno's end & Windows 10.

DeletedUser5139

My hubby is wondering if Windows 10 could be the culprit, or at least part of the problem.

It's unlikely. I have multiple Win 10 installations and all of them are able to chat (both before and after the Fall Creator's Update).

DeletedUser6653

I've worked with chat things that use websockets in the past and we ran into issues on certain corporate networks.
Perhaps there is something with your network that is preventing it from working.

I believe they use socket.io... See if this demo works for you: https://socket.io/demos/chat/
Tried it and it worked just fine. Also, I don't log into elvenar from my workplace. I do have multiple computers though and none of them work. None of my other INNO games have issues.

DeletedUser6653

DeletedUser3507

Wireless Router ports can sometimes affect it, by using the required port.
I am on Windows 10 Pro with no problems.

Screenshot_1.png

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Sadly Jack, this link requires a Facebook account. Maybe you could lessen the restrictions slightly for those of us who refuse to have one please?

Here is a copy of the text:

EPL CHAT & MESSAGE # 009
"What to do when Chat stops working"Jack Luyt ARE YOU HAVING PROBLEMS WITH CHAT NOT OPENING?

This is a known problem – and is caused most likely by a problem with your WiFi Router.
The Chat Module of Elvenar uses virtual port 8080 on your Router.
If the rest of the game works normally – then look no further than your Internet settings!
1f642.png

The most common case is that, if there are several other devices in your house using the Router, the port may be 'captured' by one of them – and then Chat will not work.

HOW TO FIX IT

If you are not knowledgeable about IT – get someone who is! Fiddling with your Router settings may crash your Internet entirely.

1. Simple things you can try first
– clear your browser and flash caches; close all other tabs on your computer
- resize your browser window so it is a little smaller than normal
- go to the Flash Player Control Panel and increase the amount of space for Flash to store stuff to maximum.

2. Unplug your Router at the wall. Turn off all devices in the house that use WiFi
3. Reset the Router.
4. Turn on your Elvenar game only – leave TV and other PC's / smartphones turned off.
5. Chat should work!
6. Turn on the other devices one by one – and see which one re-captures the port. If you know what you are doing, you can manually re-set the port.
7. Many ISP's give you a cheap and nasty Router – consider upgrading to a better one (borrow one first if possible, to save un-needed expenditure)
8. Call an IT person if none of this works!!
1f603.png