• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can you chat in game on your PC/Mac?

• Thread starter DeletedUser6653
  • Start date

Can you chat in-game on your pc/mac?

• Total voters

DeletedUser6653

Here is a copy of the text:
<snip>
Thanks Jack! I will be giving this a try after work. As my computers are both hardwired, I don't see how the wifi has anything to do with it, but I'll try anything at this point. :D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thanks Jack! I will be giving this a try after work. As my computers are both hardwired, I don't see how the wifi has anything to do with it, but I'll try anything at this point. :D
The wifi doesn't have anything to do with it directly. Wifi is the path where random devices of which you aren't cognizant might be connecting to your switch and tying up the port. An old iPod that someone turned on, a frind's phone that connected for an hour when they were over last week so they could check out something on imdb....

DeletedUser6653

Well, it worked! wasn't able to find a device after the fact that broke chat again. (there is one device not checked, my wife's tablet. well also her phone but we have the same brand/model phone and mine is fine). Thanks Jack! :)

DeletedUser

Just curious how many folks are able to use the chat feature on your PC/Mac. If you only lose access intermittently that would be a "yes".
Also, if you vote "no" please also post how long you have lacked this feature.

(edit-noticed a typo)
My in game chat stopped working before Labor Day. I sent in multiple tickets to support and got squat for help and no fix. It has made me feel like I am playing this game alone and cut me off from my fellowship. I was #1 in the fellowship so this was difficult. Because of this and that I have gotten bored with this game after 2 yrs of play I quit as of today. I just said goodbye to those who have helped me via the email msg thingy and dumped everything out of my city that I could. Enough is enough!

DeletedUser6653

My in game chat stopped working before Labor Day. I sent in multiple tickets to support and got squat for help and no fix. It has made me feel like I am playing this game alone and cut me off from my fellowship. I was #1 in the fellowship so this was difficult. Because of this and that I have gotten bored with this game after 2 yrs of play I quit as of today. I just said goodbye to those who have helped me via the email msg thingy and dumped everything out of my city that I could. Enough is enough!
Have you tried the fix that Jack posted? It worked for me, I completely agree with you about (the lack of) Support on this issue and was going to quit myself if it wasn't fixed by the end of Holiday. As non sensical as it is though resetting my router and WiFi fixed the problem for me.