• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cancelled. After reading through it, this thread is irrecoverable.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Then i would think the sets will be even more nice in a week or two then, i mean yeah its fun to gather, but its more fun being able to spend!

I have five full Library sets out right now and two more partial sets in my inventory, Depending on the mana demands in chapter 16, I may just put out all my mana plants next to the sets for the extra mana generation. lol

DeletedUser25004

thats awesome @Enevhar Aldarion i have a farm city where i have had insane luck where i got 5 full sets too. And its really nice that whenever you get a new set piece you can just place it and instantly get its full set bonus. i dont get mana on it though, just lots of dust!

sam767

Completely updated the first post. Short story is that the recommendation is below. A little more new discussion in the first post.

Detailed recommendation (to get the conversation going - the only strong opinions I have is nothing new, and fewer SFs.):
High Halls:
R1C3 replace 1250 with gum tree
R2C1 replace 500 with 30 min time instant (go from useless and annoying to slightly useful)
R2C3 replace 1250 with mana tree
R3C1 replace 500 with 30 min time instant
R3C4 replace 2000 with 5H
R4C1 replace 500 with 30 min time instant
R4C3 replace 1250 with mana tree
Laboratory:
Replace all 500 with 30 minute
Replace all 1000 with 1HR
Replace all 1250 with mana or gum tree
Replace all 2000 with 5H

sam767

hmm. I just went to the first boss in my CH3 city. I got a 10% portal profit. I see that the team spire reward at the first level is another portal profit. These are not useful for players in chapters 3-5. Since these are the lowest level rewards most likely to be won by lower level players, maybe this needs a rethink as well.

NightshadeCS

hmm. I just went to the first boss in my CH3 city. I got a 10% portal profit. I see that the team spire reward at the first level is another portal profit. These are not useful for players in chapters 3-5. Since these are the lowest level rewards most likely to be won by lower level players, maybe this needs a rethink as well.
Keep them. You will find them useful eventually, never fear. ;)

DeletedUser22644

In fact that prize has a greater value now that will only grow as you progress, earn all the PP spells you can now and going forward. Trading post farms are a thing of the past I fear.

sam767

Keep them. You will find them useful eventually, never fear. ;)
Is anyone who does the spire short of PP spells? I used them very aggressively. Now at the beginning of CH15, I have 2600% of these spells. I have 3 trading stations that I just deployed because I got an expansion. My point is low level players would be better served by other rewards in the Gateway level.

NightshadeCS

Is anyone who does the spire short of PP spells? I used them very aggressively. Now at the beginning of CH15, I have 2600% of these spells. I have 3 trading stations that I just deployed because I got an expansion. My point is low level players would be better served by other rewards in the Gateway level.
The end of Chapter 15 is what sucked all mine away. But I got rid of most of the guest race buildings in order to build for Fellowship Adventures, so others may not experience this. I do not reach the top of the Spire, but get about half way up every week.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I could literally kick myself for disenchanting my portal profits while I was in Chapter 2 and 3. I just figured I'd get more later, and they seemed useless except to craft items. Huge mistake. I could use every one of them now, and I would dearly love to have them. Believe me, chapter six will come sooner than you think.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am. I'm in Chapter 7 and I need all the PPs I can get, and then some. I've only been playing the spire for a little more than a month, and I usually make it to the lab but not all the way to the top. (I'm waiting to open the lab right now.) I love getting the PPs ... there are never too many. While I agree that there are some rewards even more useful for low level players, if I knew then what I know now, I'd be thrilled to get the more the merrier.

Trevor T

I have to compare the spire with the tournaments. In the tournaments we get things we need regularly. You can never get too many relics, too much KP, too many spells. Everything in the tournaments are useful. In the spire, if you play it with any degree of regularity, you get more spell fragments that you will ever need even if you're crafting 24/7. Which BTW I do as much as I can. And I already have 5 full moonstone sets. How many moonstone sets are too many? I love the time boosters and the teleports, but I need a bit more motivation than tons of spell fragments. Throw in pet food here and there. Maybe some troop regiments. I truly think the spire's rewards need to be re-thought and re-balanced. I can't motivate my FS to push in the spire because there is just not enough useful rewards for the cost. Just my humble opinion.

shimmerfly

I currently have 129,300+ Spell fragments. I also have 10 pages of stuff I could disenchant if needed to, so I do agree that SF are getting old fast.
It's about the only palce for time instants so I continue to play it but it is losing it's luster for me also.

Deleted User - 4646370

You can never get too many relics
I don't think so. In my 2-year-old city, I have more than 2500 unneeded of each boosted and boosted+1 relic (unneeded means once removing the 500 needed for maximum boost.) Since I run CC in my level 5 MA, boosted+2 are significantly lower (my lowest now is 370 gems relics, right before the gems tournament).
And even in my 7-month-old city, maybe before last scrolls (my T2+2) tournament will be the last time I ran out of relics ever.
And back to topic, I have ~6k spell fragments with doing 2/3 of the spire every week.

Last edited by a moderator:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
You can never get too many relics, too much KP, too many spells.

I don't know about the spell part.
Get's to the point where all those PoP spells are only useful for disenchanting for event tasks
i'm just glad spells have no chapter level component. it is really not a problem having 900 spells as long as they are in one stack.
but if they got scattered around according to chapter the way some buildings do, that would get annoying real fast

I currently have 129,300+ Spell fragments. I also have 10 pages of stuff I could disenchant if needed to, so I do agree that SF are getting old fast.
It's about the only palce for time instants so I continue to play it but it is losing it's luster for me also.

not sure i'll ever tire of time instants

sam767

My FS is going to try for gold this week. I need to convince 6 non-participants to do the gateway level and we will make it. Some people just hate the spire.

sam767

With a Dwarven Armorer (DA), the bird, Enlightened Light Range and a Magnificent Mage Multiplier, I autofought 44 provinces deep in rounds 1 and 2 of dust. I ran low on troops. Enter Mr. Brown Bear and the 5HR instants. Using supply and time instants, I can instantly rebuild my army.

4 of my last 5 DAs have come on the last boss of the spire. And I went up 4 times with no DAs. I think Inno is performing psychological studies on us by varying the "randomness" of supposedly random events.

I think the spire is less appealing to those who mostly negotiate.

sam767

This is from May 7th:
Latest collection from my recently upgraded moonstone set.
Mana: 89520
Gum: 19119
Scrolls: 71340
Bismuth 13200
CC: 3
-----
Last year my FS was acutely short of scrolls. Now we have over 20 million!

sam767

Completely updated the first post. Short story is that the recommendation is below. A little more new discussion in the first post.

Detailed recommendation (to get the conversation going - the only strong opinions I have is nothing new, and fewer SFs.):
High Halls:
R1C3 replace 1250 with gum tree
R2C1 replace 500 with 30 min time instant (go from useless and annoying to slightly useful)
R2C3 replace 1250 with mana tree
R3C1 replace 500 with 30 min time instant
R3C4 replace 2000 with 5H
R4C1 replace 500 with 30 min time instant
R4C3 replace 1250 with mana tree
Laboratory:
Replace all 500 with 30 minute
Replace all 1000 with 1HR
Replace all 1250 with mana or gum tree
Replace all 2000 with 5H
There were no comments on my recommendation. The focus here was to be easy and make the higher levels of the spire less annoying. Maybe we do not need any more mana or gum trees (I like them). Instead, perhaps another supply or coin instant.

DeletedUser22644

Sam767, the concept is fine and getting the Dev's to see that the spell fragments are too excessive is and should be the goal. The idea that we can or should dictate what to replace them with is frankly shortsighted, as we dont have a roadmap for the game out for the next 12 or 18 months. We must be careful on what we ask for as they could easily replace the SF with a new prize like we have now. I wont mention so as to not jinx it but you know that "single" item Prize that is so great to win in the May event