• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

cant give helping hand??

DeletedUser1388

i seem to be only recieving help? there are no options for me when i click on helping hands? can someone help me out with this please and thank u!! and be nice, im new to this type of game..

DeletedUser626

is this happening on every city you visit? - sometimes I've seen this happen when someone is in the same city helping at the same time. going back a few minutes later will let you assist the builder, culture or main hall.

the other times I've seen this is with new cities that have the main hall in construction (upgrading), with no culture items to click, and the builder is already full. if that's the case all we can do is move on to the next city and hope it's not in the same situation. one day, i'm hopeful they will be removed on the 30, and not so much on the +.

DeletedUser43

You can only help cities that you have "discovered". This may be the problem. You "discover" neighbors by scouting over to them. Then on your world map, your "discovered" neighbors will show up in green next to your city. Just because someone has "discovered" you, doesn't mean you have "discovered" them. It will take time and scouting and clearing provinces by fighting and negotiating to get more neighbors.

Alternatively, once you join a fellowship, then you are automatically eligible to help all the players within your fellowship. You can join a fellowship that is looking for members or start your own and try to get others to join you.

:)

DeletedUser1388

Frost-yes, every city unfortunately...i am in the middle of an upgrade of my main hall in the city thats doing wonderful tho, maybe i will try going to another and do it from there? And Bobby- thank u for the advice as well...how do i know which fellowship to join??? Im not into domination and the ones i have clicked on are only about dominating lol! No pun intended!

DeletedUser43

You are brand new and finding the right fit in a fellowship is a little tough. If you go down the forum list you will see a forum for Arendyll, and under that, there are places where you can place notices that you are looking for a fellowship or look for fellowships that are looking for new members. It is tough when you are brand new because you don't have a trader yet and so you don't have goods you can trade. But, there might be brand new folks who just want a fellowship so they can get the bonuses for giving neighborly help. Or again, you can start your own fellowship! Then you can invite other brand new folks to join you and you can all grow together. There is a limit of only 25 people allowed in a fellowship, so it is very hard to find just the right perfect fit of people. But you will! I know you will! :)

The fact that you are upgrading your hall won't affect your ability to help others. The only time that comes into play is if some neighbor of yours quit the game when they were upgrading their hall and then no one can ever help them.

I looked around your world map and you should be able to help neighbors Midever, and Uttert, and Hanka and Kat and whoever else you have discovered. You can only help them once in every 24 hours so that could be the problem too. If you are trying before the 24 hours are up the little hand will be greyed out.

Try hovering your mouse over the greyed out hand and that should tell you why you can't help a certain person. Either it will say that you have to wait a certain amount of time until the 24 hours are up, or it will say you can't help neighbors you haven't discovered yet, and then that is the issue. If it is something else, post it here.

If you aren't able to help those neighbors who are next to you and you haven't visited them in 24 hours, then it could be a bug. But let's see what message you get first.

DeletedUser1388

Hello bobby. I was wondering if there is a difference between the worlds? I seem to have trouble building and moving forward the khel worlds? Aren worlds seem to be ok? Ish anyways lol....my win worlds are pretty good tho and fely ones too....i apologize if this is a stupid question for u i just was wondering why my khel worlds suck so bad and if its possibly just because its khel? Thanks for reading this if u do! I greatly appreciate ur input as u helped me with my other things

DeletedUser

I have the same problem with one city I've discovered I am unable to help as well and have gone back several times to check, n case it was just a glitch and just checked again. Clicked the hands and no icon over the main hall. This main hall is a level 2

DeletedUser1161

I have the same problem with one city I've discovered I am unable to help as well and have gone back several times to check, n case it was just a glitch and just checked again. Clicked the hands and no icon over the main hall. This main hall is a level 2
Are you sure the main hall isn't being upgraded? You can't boost a main hall that's under construction.

I have one city on my map that has no cultural buildings, the builder boosts are full, and the main hall is under construction because the player quit months ago. I can't get any coins from that city at all.

DeletedUser1388

Van, sometimes u cant give help. I come across ppl all the time and the hands r greyed out. I just keep going to all the cities and giving where i can. ☺

DeletedUser594

Hello bobby. I was wondering if there is a difference between the worlds? I seem to have trouble building and moving forward the khel worlds? Aren worlds seem to be ok? Ish anyways lol....my win worlds are pretty good tho and fely ones too....i apologize if this is a stupid question for u i just was wondering why my khel worlds suck so bad and if its possibly just because its khel? Thanks for reading this if u do! I greatly appreciate ur input as u helped me with my other things
The difference between the worlds is just a matter of when they opened. Each has exactly the same game to play but older worlds have more established players. The order in which the worlds launched was Arendyll, Winyandor, Fel, and Khel. When a new world launches all the new player traffic is directed to that world and after a point that stops and new players are rotated into all the worlds (I believe but can't verify this).
In my experience I find I can offer more support to newer players in the more established cities because I'm already stocked up on goods. You may be finding the same from the other side. This game doesn't have a PvP component so there's not much downside to having highly developed neighbors. And the players who stay generally like to help out when they can. I know when I joined a helpful neighbor who was well established kept me going by taking up all my trades while paying the trader fee. She was like a guardian angel and kept me afloat before fellowships were an option (shout out to mama bear Eldakin).

Greyed out hands usualy means you havent unlocked them on the world map yet by fighting/negotiating your way to them. If that's not the case you would want to add this to the "Bugs" thread.