• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can't open more than one tab

• Thread starter DeletedUser2768
  • Start date

DeletedUser2768

Game version: N/A
Game world: N/A
Browser + version: Chrome
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1366x768
Account name: RosehawkATA
Humans or Elves: Both

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Right click on a link to open in new tab, and new tab doesn't open

Expected situation:
Click on a link to open in a new tab and the new tab appears at the top

Reproduction Steps
Go to: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php
2. Select a Quick link to try and open (Play Elvenar, Elvenar Wiki, Game Rules, Forum Rules)
3. Right click on selected link
4. Click "open in new tab"
5. New Tab flashes across the top of the page, then disappears, not opening.

Screenshots of the bug:
I can't get a screenshot of this, because it happens too fast.

+++++++++++++++
Original, apparently useless, post.

I can't find the report form, but here goes:

I can't open more than one tab at a time for anything elvenar.com. I right click the link, choose "open in new tab", it tries to open, then the tab goes away. This is happening in the forums and in the game. I play in Elcysandir, Arendyll, and Ceravyn. I use Chrome and Windows 10.

Adding: The quick links, except for contacting support, aren't opening either.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is also happening to me (Chrome 66.0.3359.181 and also Version 67.0.3396.62)

I also can't open a link to the forums from within a notification email in gmail. the tab opens for part of second then auto-closes.

DeletedUser

I can't find the report form, but here goes:

Game version: __
Game world: __
Browser + version: __
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __
Humans or Elves: __

Reproducibility: __/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__
__

Expected situation:
__
__

Reproduction Steps
__
2. __
3. __
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I am utilizing chrome right now, I am unable to replicate this in any shape or form given the little information posted above.

----

Hey @RosehawkATA , I see you have edited your post, I will attempt the steps above soon as I get to a pc.

P.s Original post was not useless, was just too broad for precise replication. :p

----
@Ashrem have you replicated the issue on another browser, I see a denominator so far...which is chrome.

Xelenia
~~~~~~~~~

Alright guys, I am not able to replicate this. I have tried the official chrome version listed above by @Ashrem and even tried beta chrome as well and all 6 links load beautifully. Tried firefox in addition to opera, and still everything is loading. I have disabled my plugins and re-enabled, without achieving the likely result. I will see if any of the other mods can replicate :) Main while I will keep the thread open and see who else experience the same problem.

P.S can both of you disabled any form of pluggins / extensions you may have installed?

Last edited:

DeletedUser2768

P.S can both of you disabled any form of pluggins / extensions you may have installed?

As soon as I figure out how. I do have adblock plus installed, but every other site, except Elvenar, lets me open in a new tab with no problem.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner. It's my adblock plus. I turn it off, and I can load a new tab. Turn it on, and I can't. It's odd that it's ONLY Elvenar that is having this issue.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As soon as I figure out how. I do have adblock plus installed, but every other site, except Elvenar, lets me open in a new tab with no problem.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner. It's my adblock plus. I turn it off, and I can load a new tab. Turn it on, and I can't. It's odd that it's ONLY Elvenar that is having this issue.
If you want to be able to use it again, it's worth reporting the page to adblock plus as a compatibility issue. While on the page, click the ABP icon and select "report an issue on this page"

DeletedUser2768

If you want to be able to use it again, it's worth reporting the page to adblock plus as a compatibility issue. While on the page, click the ABP icon and select "report an issue on this page"

After frustrating myself for about 10 minutes, I figured out how to do this, and reported it.

I know just enough about computers to know when something is wrong, and sometimes be able to fix it.