• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can't sell back barracks??

DeletedUser1590

I want to be able to move my barracks to its own 5x5 because a) it's blocking my ability to expand structures around it, and b) it looks like I need a 5x5 to be able to max it later on. The problem is that the sell function is not working on it. Is that because a) it needs to be empty of soldiers before I can do it, b) you can't move the barracks (like you can't move the builder), or c) I'm somehow dealing with a bug?

DeletedUser

I have not had any problem moving either my barracks or my builder. It can even be moved when it is full of soldiers and while it is training more soldiers. One thing about moving it is you need a clear space big enough to fit it. You may need to disconnect things from roads to rearrange enough other stuff to make space. Make sure you are clicking the thing with 4 arrows which is the move button instead of the dollar sign which is the sell feature. I hope this helps.

DeletedUser

Forgot to mention, you can also move things that are in the middle of an upgrade, too.

DeletedUser1161

The problem is that the sell function is not working on it. Is that because a) it needs to be empty of soldiers before I can do it, b) you can't move the barracks (like you can't move the builder)
You cannot SELL your barracks or builder, but you can move both of them around the map. Use the move button, located immediately to the right of the sell button. Clicking that button takes you into move mode, and then you can pick up and drop anything, including regular buildings, roads, your main hall, builders, or barracks. Try not to sell buildings unless you really need to. You don't get all the coin and supplies or any of the goods you used to build them back.

The barracks is always tricky because it's large and has to be on a road. I usually "park" it on a newly-earned province expansion, rearrange everything else, and then drop the barracks in its new spot.