• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Catering / Negotiating in Tourney & Spire

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm in chapter 18 and I just catered 4 pages' worth of round 3 of the tourney. In spire, I catered up to and including froggie, and am sitting at lab level at the moment for a reason ... we need excess spire perk points for our next push in a couple of weeks, and I want to wait until the last moment to see whether we will pass a circle or just get close to it without passing. If my points are not needed to get excess perks this time, then I'll just stay at lab. If they are, then I'll go to the top during the last hour, catering it up to the top.

When I catered everything on a regular basis, I had 8 t1, 6 t2, and 5 t3 out, as well as 3 of each sentient, all fully maxed. I also had 20 Festival Merchants out to supply the seeds to the sentient factories. Now that I do this only every other week or so, I've cut down to 7t1 5t2 and 3t3, as well as one of each sentient (although I'll probably have to up that to 2 soon.) I have only about a dozen FMs out (can't remember exactly, but something like that.)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
and have built my S2 factories already.
o_O
It took awhile to get enough sentients to upgrade some wonders over lvl 30 and it sounds like you have a few ready to go. Not only do you need sentients for tech and catering, but to upgrade the sentient factories as well. And of course, the decay across the board and having to trade out for them all again. So prepare for that too. Again, very large expenditure of goods all of a sudden outside your normal weekly use for tourney and spire.

StarLoad

Ok round 6 to 24 provinces completed

T1 329,000
T2 160,000
T3 148,000

Mana 70,000
Orcs 8,632

Coins 2,698,625
Supplies 282,000

So for all 6 rounds, 6,480 in tourney points; here are the totals*

T1 1,301,000
T2 834,000
T3 686,000

Mana 344,260
Orcs 26,692

Coins 14,788,625 extrapolating out to a full 6 rounds adds 2,957,800 and brings the estimated coins to 17,456,350
Supplies 1,884,050 extrapolating out to a full 6 rounds adds 376,800 and brings the estimated supplies to 2,260,850

*NOTE for Coin and supplies round 1 was omitted in error

@Arkadia I have bolded the numbers to consider for just catering the tourney with a chapter 11 city. I will compare this to the Marble tourney and see if there is a noticeable change over all 6 rounds. For fun I may cater the spire to the top and see what the costs are too.

StarLoad

OK now for the bad news. I negotiated all the way to the top in my CH11 city, and here are the numbers

spire negotiations.jpg

So what does this mean? Well, from an economic point of view, the Goods cost was minor, except for the Mana. However, the cost of Coins and Supplies was almost double my total capacity (19,600,000 and 1,960,000) and required a refill between stages. Also level 3, I ended up using diamonds more than normal in my estimation, which is kinda the way it goes at times, but with the FS reward, I would be back in positive territory.
Overall, the Coin and Supply ve the Goods costs are flipped from Tourney to Spire, but in 1 week, you are looking at a combined cost of

Coins ----- 50,000,000
Supplies --- 5,000,000
T1 goods ---1,650,000
T2 goods ---1,110,000
T3 goods -----850,000
Mana ---------614,000
Orcs ----------- 58,000

Also, note this is Pre-sentient goods so the costs are much lower than a higher chapter like 15 or 16.

Hope this helps

Ed

StarLoad

You are also one chapter short of needing Divine Seeds in your catering in the Spire, so that will shift around some costs for someone in chapter 12+.
Yes as noted, I did not have to use seeds, but this is as close as I can come for a comparison that the OP wanted. You are free to use your main city to negotiate up the spire and report back the costs.

Ed

LisaMV

WOW! Ed, you are amazing to do this charting for us!
I am in Ch.12, and have no problem with the seeds requirements at this point, since they are always kind during the introduction chapter.

StarLoad

WOW! Ed, you are amazing to do this charting for us!
I am in Ch.12, and have no problem with the seeds requirements at this point, since they are always kind during the introduction chapter.
I have to agree even in my ch16 city the seeds are not the issue, I fight both the spire and most of the tourney, but I will record the amounts needed to cater at least the first 20 provinces to 6 rounds, I will still fight them but it will be interesting to see how bad the numbers really are.

Ed

StarLoad

OK Marble tourney Catering only 10 provinces all 6 rounds, so far, and here are the numbers for 2,700 tourney points

T1 - 707,000
T2 - 759,000
T3 - 480,000

Mana - 266,125
Orcs - 43,500

Coins - 9,450,000 21% of the capacity
Supplies - 1,699,680 37% of the capacity

I will do another 10 provinces of 6 rounds tomorrow and then 4 more for a total of 24 so you can compare equally between an 11 and 16 city.

Ed

Last edited:

StarLoad

After remembering that decay would mess up the numbers I went ahead and did the remaining 14 Provinces to 6 rounds 6,480, points

Here are the additional 14 provinces' numbers
T1 - 2,973,000
T2 - 2,517,000
T3 - 1,455,000

Mana - 1,076,000
Orcs - 182,600

Coins - 61,700,000
Supplies - 3,700,000

StarLoad

The combined total for Catering 24 Provinces in all 6 rounds is here

T1 - 3,680,000 used 6% of available goods
T2 - 3,276,000 used 18% of available goods
T3 - 1,935,000 used 7% of available goods

Mana - 1,342,125 used 17% of saved Mana
Orcs - 226,100 used 7% of saved Orcs

Coins - 71,150,000 or 155% of Main Hall capacity
Supplies - 5,399,680 or 117% of Main Hall capacity

So there you have a quick and clean cut of Catering the Tourney.

Now, if you combine the numbers for both Spire and Tourney, you can see that the costs in Coins, Supplies, and Mana are going to be significant and possibly for the Orcs too.

Hope this helps

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In other words, if you want to keep advancing your city through the chapters at a decent rate and want to go deep into the tournament and Spire, don't be a caterer/negotiator, because it is impossible to do both, while a fighter can.

StarLoad

I should clarify that I recorded the amounts requested for catering, but I fought all the provinces above 10

Also, I should have noted that the cost of T2 goods would not be sustainable week to week as it was almost as much as the T1 good required.

In other words, if you want to keep advancing your city through the chapters at a decent rate and want to go deep into the tournament and Spire, don't be a caterer/negotiator
Actually even if you are parked the costs at ch 16 would wipe out my T2 and Mana in just over a month. So I think the issue is that at some point you have to switch to Fighting or stop advancing at that point. Not sure where is is but I will do some testing.

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sounds about right, as it feels like Inno has been steering the game more in the direction of fighting over catering for the past year or two.

I can say that fighting 20-25 provinces to 5 stars in the tournament and two floors in the Spire have been easy for me to fight in my main city, while still advancing through the chapters at a good pace (3-5 months per chapter).

Arkadia

Wow @ed1960 ! thank you so much for all the very detailed info and data you posted! :diamond:
Also appreciate all the others for their info, thanx @iamthouth @LisaMV @ajqtrz @Talaedraiia and @crackie and @Enevhar Aldarion for your input :) :elf:

I think it is definitely easier to battle through, or combine catering and fight, but still not convinced it is impossible to cater through.
I feel @LisaMV and @ed1960 may just prove it is a possibility ;)
Please keep us posted how you're doing!

Nimitz69

As for the sentient I run 1 Glowing Planks, and 2 Core Cracking Gems, all under MM spells each morning. Again, I collect 3-4 3 hour runs a day and one 9 hour. My planks gives me about 60k a day, (which, along with my huge moonstone library adding 50-60k, is 120K), and the core cracking gems gives me 120k also.

Now, as I mentioned, these are not my only sources. My moonstone farm garners me about 60k silk, 60k gum and so on. I trade what I get at a discount of at least 5% and engage in all sorts of cross-tier, 3 star trades. Never have a problem getting my trades taken, because I hate to wait (an intangible that changes my view of the value of my goods).
I am almost done with Chapter 13, Alumni. I need more Sentient Goods for Spire negotiations. What Level are your Sentient Manufacturers? I have one Steel/Platinum and one Scrolls/Ink both at level 24. Should I upgrade the existing two Sentient Manufacturers or build additional BOOSTED ones?

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I am almost done with Chapter 13, Alumni. I need more Sentient Goods for Spire negotiations. What Level are your Sentient Manufacturers? I have one Steel/Platinum and one Scrolls/Ink both at level 24. Should I upgrade the existing two Sentient Manufacturers or build additional ones?
I only build my boosted sentients and trade for the others. I try to use any MMs I get on my sentients first.