• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Catering/Negotiating Only Cities.

Silver Lady

I think it would be possible to make enough orcs using just Orc Nests and no armories. Especially if you also have a high level Witch Hut. It would probably take 5 or 6 Orc Nests to get by with no armories.
I use orc nests primarily, and in my ch.11 city I have 1.4 million orcs now, with one armory only. I planned way ahead knowing it could be an issue.

I agree with the above. I have 2 Orc Nest and 1 fully upgraded armory that I’ve never used to produce Orcs and I’ve yet to upgrade my Witches Hut. Granted that I’m currently only in the Orcs chapter, but I have way more Orcs than I need. I know the requirement for Orcs will go up but I plan to craft more Orc nest and upgrade my fully evolved Witches Hut to get my Orcs. Reason, these won’t cost me supplies in order to make Orcs. A big bonus IMO.

LisaMV

I agree with the above. I have 2 Orc Nest and 1 fully upgraded armory that I’ve never used to produce Orcs and I’ve yet to upgrade my Witches Hut. Granted that I’m currently only in the Orcs chapter, but I have way more Orcs than I need. I know the requirement for Orcs will go up but I plan to craft more Orc nest and upgrade my fully evolved Witches Hut to get my Orcs. Reason, these won’t cost me supplies in order to make Orcs. A big bonus IMO.
Yes! Besides the fact that the orcs are 'free', for me the way they are produced is just perfect: swipe to collect, 24hr production starts automatically, AND there is 12 hr early collect. It is perfect for timing them together, or anytime you may need them. The armories, on the other hand, have a set timer like your factories, so any delay in collecting results in a smaller per hour output, and you have to keep track of yet another thing. (lol - it might just be me that gets stressed by this)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo @LisaMV
If I sold one armory, I could fit two more orc nests, giving me 1:5. Two orc nests for one armory has higher output and greater jigsaw flexibility. I think I'll teleport one armory, in case I change my mind (if not satisfied with orc nests) so I don't need to rebuild from scratch. Maybe I don't even need the other armory either? Hmmmm Kinda excited.
Since you are a cater only player, it seems to me you would come out way ahead replacing the Armories with Orc Nests. Since you are not worried about training size, the only benefit of the Armories to you is orcs. The Armories require both population and culture. The Orc Nests require no population and give you culture. The only downsides I see is that getting rid of the armories will hurt your player score and that every few chapters you are going to need to replace the Orc Nests with newly crafted ones in order to keep them up to date.

Aritra

Since you are a cater only player, it seems to me you would come out way ahead replacing the Armories with Orc Nests. Since you are not worried about training size, the only benefit of the Armories to you is orcs. The Armories require both population and culture. The Orc Nests require no population and give you culture. The only downsides I see is that getting rid of the armories will hurt your player score and that every few chapters you are going to need to replace the Orc Nests with newly crafted ones in order to keep them up to date.
I'm totally on board with this. I already teleported one (in case I changed my mind) and planned to sell the other once I get at least one more Nest (but I probably have plenty to just sell now). With that one teleport, I have already had a noticeable drop in rank and score... Oh well. Very minor setback and I'm not worried.

GlamDoll

If my FS or anyone ever told me how to think, how to speak or how to play, I would drop/block them so fast, they wouldn't know what hit them. You want to tell me what I can or can't do? .....

Not interested. Next.

Gladiola

You might want to look at the golden abyss and give it much love and oodles of KP. My level 29 Golden Abyss provides more population than 10.5 houses in chapter 7.

The rune circle of my GA is completed and there is a 3x3 spot waiting for it. I am getting through the tournament and a few more event quests that require goods before I make the investment in building it. It will only give me 29 population right now, but after I finish the advanced scouts research for chapter III, get the Phoenix Rider (fingers crossed!) and put in the expansions to make my city 4x4, I am going on a building spree!

Sprite1313

Plus, fighting everything before chapter 11, when you finally research the Frogs and have all your troops available, is a lot harder than fighting after that point

That’s why I love the witch’s hut. It let me fight with froggies before I got to chapter 11.

I have 4800 pt Tourney average, go to the Lab in spire easily every week (try to stop at HHalls since the FS doesn't go further, but can't lol) and I have been rejected by two FS's already because I won't fight. So there it is! No one believes it to be possible, I guess
That is horrible! I’m with @samidodamage, as long as you can pull your weight and support the overall FS goals, who cares how you get there? I just don’t understand that mentality.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
That’s why I love the witch’s hut. It let me fight with froggies before I got to chapter 11.
For me the Witch Hut has let me build up a big stockpile of Frogs. They just aren't that strong without a promotion. Everyone always hates on the human Mortar unit for being weak, but a 3 star Mortar is stronger than a 1 star Frog. Therefore I have kept using Mortars and have let the Frogs build up. I now have 294 squads of Frogs and and currently researching the 2 star promotion for them. Happy times are almost here! :)

GlamDoll

The GA & MH is also based on working population...So, it's not just their levels, but how many peeps you have working. (It took a lot to get my FS to see this). I never could seem to explain it. Hover over both Wonders in all tabs & absorb the info. Of course, the higher their levels, the greater the impact!

LisaMV

The rune circle of my GA is completed and there is a 3x3 spot waiting for it. I am getting through the tournament and a few more event quests that require goods before I make the investment in building it. It will only give me 29 population right now, but after I finish the advanced scouts research for chapter III, get the Phoenix Rider (fingers crossed!) and put in the expansions to make my city 4x4, I am going on a building spree!
I also couldn't see the benefits being very impressive when I first was able to get my Golden Abyss. However, I now understand what an amazing thing it is, and am a bit embarrassed that I had waited so long to place it! It is small, beautiful, never changes size (you will appreciate this more and more!), gives you lots of coins every 3 hours as well as giving you population magically as you require it. It will become a cornerstone of your city's health and well-being.
I would get that down asap; don't think short-term. Plant that tiny tree so it can grow!:coin::coin::coin::coin::coin:

:)