• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cauldron not working

Mordea

On the 13th of May, my cauldron stopped working. When there was improvement on the following day, I issued a bug report and got the following response. Unauthorized charges. Cauldron not working. Ticket closed.
Upset that I was given no chance to respond, especially since I had made no charges to the game at all, authorized or unauthorized, much less to the cauldron, I issued an appeal. I got back the exact same response.
I have no idea what to do know and feel that I am being treated very unfairly and without cause or any evidence.
Any suggestions asto my next course of action?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
First off take extreme care about reporting the contents of a Support ticket. Please think carefully about your issue and what you can say.

That said, "unauthorized charges"? What's that?

Try escalating your ticket.

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
@Mordea
The Cauldron is experiencing issues for many players. The developers have been informed and they are working to resolve the issue.

Both tickets you turned in were responded to. In the future when you turn in a ticket to support please do not bring the issue to the forum. Thank you

Smooper

I think that before a player creates a ticket they should come to the forum and discuss their issue. Much better info is given by players and then you aren't discussing the contents of a ticket. You can always decide to create a ticket after seeking advice in the forum.

Mordea

Just to let everyone know, those in my fellowship who are also having this issue are all on mobile. Two of us are on Android and I am not sure of the third. I created a ticket, because I was trying to be helpful in reporting a bug, which I think is the right thing to do. And FYI, I am always careful about what I say and when a reply is nonresponsive, there really isn't much else to be done but seek answers elsewhere. Also, it should be noted, that when I did discover where the issue lay, I returned to share the information with my fellow players and in neither post did I criticize the developer. I simply explained my issue and asked for suggestions on how to proceed and then returned to share what information I had found out. I cannot fathom why this would be an issue.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Mordea
The Cauldron is experiencing issues for many players. The developers have been informed and they are working to resolve the issue.

Both tickets you turned in were responded to. In the future when you turn in a ticket to support please do not bring the issue to the forum. Thank you
@Sweetp ??? SOP has always been to create a bug report in game and then come into the forum and create another bug report for other players to see and to get more eyes on it(specifically yours). In the past we were often told "Please do a report in game" for bug reports posted on the forum.

Please clarify the new SOP. If we file on the forum we do not need to file in game? Or we have to file on the forum first?

Mordea

I created the ticket to report a bug. I assume that is why a bug/technical category was created? So players could be helpful in making such reports. If did not disparage the developer but in the face of a non-responsive reply, I had little recourse but to seek help elsewhere as to my next step. I have done nothing wrong and need not be chastised like an errant school child and for the record, I am always careful in what I say and choose my words quite deliberately.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Whoa, are they mad at me? I know that the mods will come down hard on folks sharing information from a ticket. If someone low on the food chain gives an answer that reads like nonsense, go up the chain of command.

Other content self edited.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
One issue with the policy of not discussing support tickets in the forums is that only the forum regulars are really aware of it. If a player is not a regular forum visitor and they are popping into the forum because of an issue, they likely have no idea the policy exists in the first place. And if they are here due to an issue, it is likely they would talk about what support said in their post.

getmomo

I never understood the you can't talk about what you talked about with support rule. I guess support is worried they will tell one person one thing and another person another thing and don't want people to know that. It really seems counterproductive towards fixing the problem but it's their sandbox so you can either listen to their rules (even if they are not good rules) or go play somewhere else.