• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cauldron Recipes

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Best General Mayhem Recipe

4 Mana Shell,
4 Flying Iris,
4 Ear Truffle
4 Cottoncloud Bud

Enter in any order, the results are the same.

Result: General Mayhem to 34% at a cost of 3682 witch points.
Not sure if it was mentioned already, but jsut as a note, the order you enters the ingredients does matter in terms of the amount of witch points used. The recipie percentages are the same i think, but the cost of witch points can be a little different. - I made this notation in about cauldron thread a week or two ago. I forget the exact numbers off the top of my head, but it was around 1080 vs 1050 using the exact same ingredients and exact same amount of each ingredient, but entered in different orders. (my starting point limit is about 1030ish, which was why i was trying to see if i could find a way to make it work..

Just a random note.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Not sure if it was mentioned already, but jsut as a note, the order you enters the ingredients does matter in terms of the amount of witch points used. The recipie percentages are the same i think, but the cost of witch points can be a little different. - I made this notation in about cauldron thread a week or two ago. I forget the exact numbers off the top of my head, but it was around 1080 vs 1050 using the exact same ingredients and exact same amount of each ingredient, but entered in different orders. (my starting point limit is about 1030ish, which was why i was trying to see if i could find a way to make it work..

Just a random note.

Thanks for the correction. I only looked at the end percentage results, not the overall cost. Good catch.

AJ

Dew Spinner

Simple Four Ingredient Recipes

So far, with a sample size of only one week, Diamond Ingredients and "Could Not Find This Week" appear to be one and the same, without any effect on the Ingredient Potency. Hopefully that's the case, because we don't really need 17 different variables to worry about when designing recipes. Spending a few Diamonds (because you're in a rut that you like) to reuse a successful recipe, seems like a reasonable use of discretionary Diamonds.

I'm focusing on very simple recipes, so that I can thereby spot "unexplained" variations in larger recipes. In particular, I'm focusing on recipes with four adjacent Ingredients, wherein the first ingredient has the most influence on a particular Effect.

This data is from a player in Chapter 11 (Halflings) with a 2 point boost on Barracks Strength.
IngredientsEffect% SuccessBoost% SuccessBoost
4 once4 once12 once12 once
1234Coins15.410.06.810.0
2345T3 Goods13.240.06.240.0
3456Barracks Strength13.204.46.804.4
4567Orcs13.210.08.310.0
5678Supplies13.210.06.810.0
6789T2 Goods12.740.06.840.0
789ATraining Strength13.204.06.804.0
89ABMana15.010.06.810.0
9ABCSettlement Goods18.704.06.804.0
ABC1T1 Goods22.440.06.840.0
BC12Mercenary Strength????
C123Seeds Goods????
Note that the Boosts are the same, regardless of how many single ingredients were used. What changes is the number of Effects that are competing for a Chance.
  • For a recipe with four single Ingredients, the overall Success Rate (you'll at least get something) is 40.0%, sliced four ways
  • For a recipe with twelve single ingredients, the overall Success Rate climbs to 69.3%, but it's sliced twelve ways
The numbers in Red/Bold/Italics are breaks in the pattern
  • The high Success % for the first and last few Effects is a boundary condition as Effects BC (11, 12 in Hexadecimal) have not yet been discovered for my Cauldron, so fewer Effects are competing for the ?fixed? 20% pool associated with each Ingredient
  • The 12.7 Success % for T2 Goods still needs to explained
  • The 04.4 Boost for Barracks Strength is very likely to be due to my 2 point boost from Studying ingredients
  • The 08.3 Boost for Orcs needs to be explained
I also ran a test that focused JUST on 4x recipes that influenced Barracks Strength, which is primary for Ingredient #3.
Four Single Ingredients OnceSuccess %Boost
C12309.14.4
The 4.0 (back down to the base value Boost) was quite a surprise, as I had assumed that Studying always increased a boost, while adding Ingredients only influenced the Success % for an Effect. NOT SO, so I'll have to do some more testing to see, perhaps, if only a limited number of different ingredients are allowed to influence the Success %, does adjacency matter, and what about different amounts of different ingredients?? It's a nice puzzle.
What are the abc ingredients?

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Hey peeps,

I'd like to make a Cauldron Recipe Book link in the Sorcerers Scrolls of Knowledge. I'd like each and everyone one of your recipes in it, unless you don't want yours included, just let me know.
I think this is kind of exciting and I'm anxious to see the outcome of the upcoming recipes !!! Way to go !!!!

Katwick

Cartographer
Not sure if it was mentioned already, but just as a note, the order you enters the ingredients does matter in terms of the amount of witch points used. The recipie percentages are the same i think, but the cost of witch points can be a little different.
Because the next cost of the ingredient you JUST added goes up around 154%, while everything else goes up around 110%, it's cheapest to add
  • 1st of each ingredient
  • 2nd of doubles or more
  • 3rd of triples or more
  • 4th of ... etc
My original approach was WRONG, take a look at Ingredient Sequence Pricing in a later post, which includes an Excel Spreadsheet example.

CORRECTION: Costs can be minimized, for real recipes with more than one of each Ingredient, by adding the largest amount first (your BEST Ingredient,) then trimming out the recipe with smaller and smaller amounts of (cheaper) Ingredients. This approach will push your total % Success higher and higher, but it will also lower the % Success rate for the Effect that you actually wanted. But getting something that you didn't particularly want is still better than getting nothing at all.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Verification Recipe, One Once + Four Once + Twelve Once for 10 Diplomas (Halflings)
The next few posts detail where to find the Cauldron data for your own city. Printing a copy of this template, and marking it up, is quite efficient. The columns are intentionally tight, for our mobile users.

Using twelve separate One Once recipes, twelve separate Four Once recipes, and a single Twelve Once recipe, will allow you to capture and analyze your current Effects, and thereby design your most effective (or avoid you worst) recipes.

This data is from Feb 08, 2023 with 10 Diplomas and 2 points of SB Boost. US-Khelonaar-Katwick.
C_T3SBORWST2STGMGST1SMGDS1GUA3HTS2HBA1HMA2S3F+F+
163925710841112131821?161422?1917?2015???TechDiploma
B10%40%4.4%10%10%40%4%10%4%40%4%?????????????MaxBoost
D5:005:002:125:005:005:002:005:003:005:002:00?????????????MaxDuration
1155.0?????Fire_Spore
28.012wrap???wrap??Beetlenut
33.36.710near???odd??25dMana_Shell
42.92.95.78.6=20.1??even??Flying_Iris
52.92.95.78.6????Medusa_Egg
62.92.95.78.6????25dCaterpillar_Lime
72.92.95.78.6?????Nightshade_Blossom
82.92.95.78.6?????25dMocking_Tongues
92.92.95.78.6?????Eye_Sprouts
102.92.95.78.6?????25dBitterhair_Leaf
115.05.010????Cottoncloud_Bud
121010?????Ear_Truffle
%15.413.213.213.213.212.713.215.018.722.4??????????????MaxFour_Once
%6.86.26.88.36.86.86.86.86.86.8??????????????MaxTwelve_Once

The difference between the Four Once and Twelve Once Recipes is STRONGLY influenced by how many Diplomas you have. As you progress through the technology tree, there will be a great many discontinuities that can be exploited, if you know where to look.

In the first half of the Brew Pot, each Ingredient has 20 points of Effect that are distributed across four adjacent Effects, and I suspect that there's another 20 points and four more Effects for the 2nd half of the table (still four Effects, but adjacent Odd or adjacent Even.) The GOTCHA is that when OTHER Effects overlap "your" Ingredients there will be more Effects, which is fine, but with a smaller chance that a particular Effect will be selected.

Let's consider a player who has just recently completed the Cauldron technology. With only only 4 Diplomas, the active Effects are Coins, Supplies, Barracks Strength, and Basic Goods
  • Diploma #1 is triggered by Ingredient #1, #2, #3, or #4
  • Diploma #2 is triggered by Ingredient #5, #6, #7, or #8
  • Diploma #3 is triggered by Ingredient #3, #4, #5, or #6. Note the overlap.
  • Diploma #4 is triggered by Ingredient #10, #11, #12, or #1 (it wraps)
  • None of these early Effects use Ingredient #9, which boosts Training Strength, Settlement Goods, Mana, and Seeds
Do you remember who has the Aspirin franchise?

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Study Diplomas
There won't be much theory in this series of posts, rather the focus will be on where to find the numbers needed to create your own Verification Recipe table or, more likely, markup a printed copy of the above table.

During the Cauldon Study Phase you can view the Research Diplomas at the top of the page. Each time you complete all of the Techs in a Chapter, an additional Effect becomes available.

Note also that clicking on each Effect provides you with your current Boost and Duration. This information can be plugged into the top few rows of the Verification Recipe template.

The Effects in the table are in database order which is NOT the Diploma order, because the developers have skipped around a bit to minimize Ingredient interference. As a consequence, some of your earlier recipies will degrade as Diplomas are released.
Screenshot_20230209_193450_Elvenar.jpg

CodeEffectDiplomaName
C_Coins1Magical_Tax_Increase
T3Trader_Precious6Trader's_Precious_Plea
SBStrength_Barracks3General's_Mayhem
OROrcs9Horde_Uprising
WSWorkshop_Supplies2Supply_Surplus_Spell
T2Trader Refined5Trader's_Refined_Plea
STStrength_Training7Monster's_Mayhem
GMGoods_Mana10Enar's_Boon
GSGoods_Settlement8Gift_of_the_High_Men
T1Trader_Basic4Trader's_Basic_Plea
SMStrength_Mercenary11Mercenaries'_Mayhem
GDGoods_Seeds12Harvest_Moon
S1Sentient_Basic13Trader's_Basic_Prayer
GUGoods_Unurium18Unur's_Resurgence
A3Ascendant_Precious21?Trader's_Precious_Blessing?
HTHealth_Training16Monster's_Morale Boost
S2Sentient_Refined14Trader's_Refined_Prayer
HBHealth_Barracks22?General's_Morale_Boost?
A1Ascendant_Basic19Trader's_Basic_Blessing
HMHealth_Mercenary17Mercenaries'_Morale_Boost
S3Sentient_Precious15Trader's_Precious_Prayer
F+Future??
A2Ascendant_Refined20Trader's_Refined_Blessing
F+Future??
F+Future??
F+Future??
<Hopefully our End-Game players will be able to clear the question marks.>

C_T3SBORWST2STGMGST1SMGDS1GUA3HTS2HBA1F+A2F+F+F+
163925710841112????????????TechDiploma
B10%40%4.4%10%10%40%4%10%4%40%4%?????????????MaxBoost
D5:005:002:485:005:005:002:005:003:005:002:00?????????????MaxDuration

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Brew Ingredients
This is fascinating Katwick!

On the Brewing Screen I've sequenced the Ingredients just like you would read text. As far as I can tell, the ingredient names are just decorative, although it seems to me that the Ingredients, and their Effects, SHOULD change with the seasons. We shall see.

Screenshot_20230206_193054_Elvenar.jpg

Costs can be minimized, for real recipes with more than one of each Ingredient, by Adding the largest amount first (your BEST) Ingredient, then trim out the recipe with smaller and smaller amounts of (cheaper) Ingredients. This approach will push your total % Success higher and higher, while lowering the % Success for specific Effects, but getting something that you didn't particularly want is still better than getting nothing at all.

The GOTCHAs are:
  • Every Ingredient is NOT "Fresh" every week, as indicated by the fixed 25 Diamonds cost on eight (four on the left half and four on the right half) ?random? ingredients
  • It will cost you some Diamonds if you want to use your favorite recipe week after week.
    • If you're going to use some Diamonds anyway, use them FIRST. Using Witch Points raises the cost of ALL subsequent Ingredients, using Diamonds doesn't.
  • New Diplomas, as you advance through your Tech Tree, are going to mess up your favorite recipes anyway.
  • The Caldron is a wonderful addition to the game, and folks at every level will have edge conditions that can be exploited to create extraordinary recipes, until they advance to their next chapter.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Generating the Data for your own City
It's very efficient to print the Verification Recipe Template that's posted earlier in this thread, and then mark it up for your own use. The template will be updated frequently, as additional information becomes available and as anomalies are explained. If you discover anything interesting, it would be very useful if you could copy the above table, and post a version with your own data.

Use the following Validation Recipes to nail down your own configuration. (DO NOT actually Brew the recipes, just record the data and then exit the page.)
  • Diploma data is obtained during the Cauldron Studying phase. For each Diploma, find the related column and enter the:
    • Diploma Number
    • Current Boost
    • Current Duration
The remainder of the data is generated during the Cauldron Brewing phase.
  • One Once: Use Twelve separate recipes, each with a single Ingredient, and record the % Success data. DO NOT actually Brew any of the validation recipes; just exit the Cauldron after each observation.
    • The left half of the table will have FOUR adjacent Effects for each Ingredient, listed in reverse order with the lowest % Success leftmost and the highest rightmost. If the lowest % Success is in the 10th, 11th, or 12th column (column not Diploma) the sequence will wrap around to the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd columns.
    • The right half of the table is similar, except that the % Success is in either the adjacent Odd or adjacent Even columns.
    • You won't see a % Success result unless you have earned the related Diplomas, but as a consequence YOUR % Success rates will be higher. All ingredients have the same total potency, so HIGHER Diploma levels will generate MORE Effects, but they'll each have a LOWER % Success rate.
  • Four Once: Use Twelve separate recipes, each with FOUR different Ingredients, and pick off the % Success for the rightmost (maximum) Effect. This will be the HIGHEST % Success rate that you can obtain for that Effect, with single Ingredients at your current Diploma level and buffs. For a real recipe you'd probably want to stack these ingredients.
    • For effects in the LEFT half of the table, enter the four (vertical this time) adjacent Ingredients that influence the related Effect.
    • The right half of the table is similar, except that the Ingredients will be vertically adjacent Odd or adjacent Even
  • Twelve Once: Use ONE of each ingredient in a single recipe. After a bit of untangling to get the % Success rate totals sorted into the correct columns (find the related Diploma,) you'll have a nice comparison with the HIGHEST value that you obtained from the Four Once recipes.
Most of the % Success totals will be identical, but where the pattern BREAKS, once you figure out what's causing the break you'll be able to create recipes that have exceptional performance, for your Diploma level, and avoid the recipes that suck.

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
I've just used five ingredients to obtain a (nearly) 100% Trader's Basic Plea effect for (almost) 11 hours:

IMG02.jpg

I added only one piece of the five ingredients indicated in the picture.

I would have tried to obtain an effect that would have given my troops better chances in battle, but the ingredients I needed were not available diamond-free.

(I hope the effect really applies. When I check the Cauldron, it says there is a Basic Standard Goods Production Bonus, but it says nothing on the manufacturies themselves.)

Flashfyre

I've just used five ingredients to obtain a (nearly) 100% Trader's Basic Plea effect for (almost) 11 hours:

View attachment 14741

I added only one piece of the five ingredients indicated in the picture.

I would have tried to obtain an effect that would have given my troops better chances in battle, but the ingredients I needed were not available diamond-free.

(I hope the effect really applies. When I check the Cauldron, it says there is a Basic Standard Goods Production Bonus, but it says nothing on the manufacturies themselves.)
There is a problem with the Cauldron Goods Boosts showing properly in the tooltips. I submitted a bug report on this yesterday; these boost amounts should show under the Main Hall Relics page in the Potion Effect Boost line, but they are being added to your Base Relic Boost amount.

Moho

Chef
they are being added to your Base Relic Boost amount.
Thank you for the clarifications, @Flashfyre. :)

I am quite impressed that by using free resources and spending so little time I was able to benefit from such a result.

I should only add that I have improved the Trader's Basic Plea effect to level 30 and the General's Mayhem to level 41. I plan to leave them as they are now.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas

Just a random note.
Because the next cost of the ingredient you JUST added goes up around 154%, while everything else goes up around 110%, it's cheapest to add
  • 1st of each ingredient
  • 2nd of doubles or more
  • 3rd of triples or more
  • 4th of ... etc
The cost of the four random 25 Diamond aka "couldn't find this week" ingredients is fixed, so you can add them at any time in any order.
I think its the exact opposite of what you just said actually.
I just went to use the cauldron before the time runs out (i was late this week on it) and this is what i saw while going for barracks boost

1 mana shell, 1 medusa egg, 1 caterpillar lime, then second round; 2 shell, 2 egg, 2 lime, then third round; 3 shell, 3 egg, 3 lime = 1049 points.
But doing 1-2-3 shell, 1-2-3 egg, 1-2-3 lime = 1008 points.

So, for at least this recipe, with these ingredients, at this level... its cheaper for me to do all of one ingredient, then do all the second ingredient, then do all the third ingredient. (Skipped fourth since it was diamonds)
And since my total points for ingredient is 1023.. 1049v1008 makes all the difference in the world.. of potions

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i dont know if its been noted already, but im thinking that the diamond ingredients each week might be server wide? Or at least on a larger scale then the individual player. - For the last 3 weeks, both my cities had the exact same ingredients that required diamonds. - All four ingredients were the same, across three weeks. Thats a bit much to be random/statistical coincidence at this point. But where its server wide, or fs wide, or score range wide or something else entirely, i dont know.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i dont know if its been noted already, but im thinking that the diamond ingredients each week might be server wide? Or at least on a larger scale then the individual player. - For the last 3 weeks, both my cities had the exact same ingredients that required diamonds. - All four ingredients were the same, across three weeks. Thats a bit much to be random/statistical coincidence at this point. But where its server wide, or fs wide, or score range wide or something else entirely, i dont know.
I find this very strange. I run three cities and the diamond ingredients are never the same.
I find it even more strange that they are the same on mine. Thats why i mentioned all those other potential factors, other then server wide. Both of my cities are on the same server, in the same fs, and nearly the same score. 217,403 and 216,939. So only 464 points away form each other. Maybe its one of those factors? Maybe something else? I dont know.. maybe its coincidence that they are the exact same 3 weeks in a row? I find that one hard to beleive but it is possible...

Cauldron diamonds_01.jpg

Dont mind the size diff. The two monitors for each of those are diff size/resolution form one another.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I think the diamonds ingredients are the same for all players in the same world.
I have multiple cities, one week I checked and all my main accounts had different diamond ingredients, and my 2 alt accounts in Felyndral had the same diamond ingredients as my main account in Felyndral.