• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cauldrons 102: Production V1.0

Katwick

Cartographer
Recipe Symmetry aka How to Avoid Dying of Frustration

Too Long, Did Not Read
: If you have ONE good recipe, you actually have TWELVE good recipes.
Don't fight the Weekly Diamonds, go with the flow.

If you hope to have any fun at all, while using the Cauldron, you need to understand how the Recipe Space is structured.
Cauldrons 102 Recipe Symmetry - Katwick 2023C28.png
If squinting doesn't do the job,
you can ZOOM using the
Ctrl+MouseWheel
Ctrl +/- on the keyboard
or a Two Fingered Stretch
on a Touch Screen​
Take a close look at all those 3s, on the upper left to lower right diagonal.
  • Now, starting with 34 Ear Truffle in the bottom row, and moving left
    • ____________________ 1 1 2 3 is in the "v" VALUE side of the (rightmost) four cells. GREEN is GOOD.
    • ___________ -1 -1 -2 ___ is also in the "v" VALUE side of those three cells. RED is BAD, for you. Dump it on the competition.
    • _____ 1 1 2 ___ is in the "f" FACTOR side of those three cells. A Factor is a 10% compounded BOOST of the total Value.
    • -2 -2 ___ is in the "f" FACTOR side of those two cells. A negative Factor is a -10% compounded  TAX on the total Value.
  • The purple cells are bugs/anomalies.
    • The purple cell in the "f" side of the 6_T3 column should be -1. Trader's Precious Goods will UNDER perform.
    • The purple cell in the "f" side of the 9_OR column should be on the "v" side. Orcs will OVER perform.
  • Here's the Magic. The Recipe Space WRAPS AROUND (tessellates) both horizontally and vertically. Pretend it's a cylinder, both ways.
    • Now, starting at exactly the same spot in the lower right corner, move DOWN, wrapping to the top row.
    • IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME VECTOR!! TWENTY FOUR TIMES!!!
    • If you have one good recipe, take everything up left one cell at a time and you'll have eleven more "identical" recipes.
      • If you're willing to use some Diamonds, you can punch WAY above your weight class by
        picking an Effect that's heavy on the Weekly Diamond Ingredients
      • If you're trying to avoid the use of Diamonds, just pick an Effect that wouldn't use the Weekly Diamond Ingredients anyway
      • Go with the Flow. Don't fight the Weekly Diamonds.
    • Diplomas 13-24 operate pretty much the same way, except that the Vectors are ODD Cells then EVEN Cells, so the mix is different.
Now let's take some sums!
  • Add the vertical columns, weighted by the Amount of the related Ingredient. v f v f v f etc.
  • If the Value Sum is greater than zero
    • Boost the Value by 10% compounded if the Factor amount is positive
    • Tax the Value by -10% compounded if the Factor amount is negative
  • Now Sum the bottom row and scale everything to fit into a Sqrt(N/25) space, where N is the total number of Ingredients
    • Sqrt(1/25) = 1/5 = 20% for a single Ingredient
    • The Bridge Troll got the rest of the space (Your Goblet gave you nothing)
    • Sqrt(25/25) = 1/1 = 100% for 25 Ingredients, and the Bridge Troll can take a hike.
  • The graph for Sqrt(N/25) is pretty, but you'll usually have some hangers-on who think they're important too. From actual Recipe Data (we'll discuss the Recipe Library a bit later,) if you have 1 of each Ingredient, with 10 Diplomas everybody SHOULD get 1/10th of 69.3%.
    • The Orcs are OVER performing, at 8.3%! Do you remember why?
    • If you could scroll down, you'd see that Trader's Precious Goods is UNDER performing, at 6.2%
  • On the high end, it's nearly impossible to exclude the rest of the crowd, so you'll rarely see 100% as a Max % Success Rate.
Cauldrons 102 Happy Orcs - Katwick 2023C06.png
Cauldrons 102 Success Rates - Katwick 2023C28.png

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Weekly Diamond Ingredients
You're encouraged to download your own copy of Cauldrons 102 Beta Release - Katwick 2023C28 to fiddle with and try stuff.
Cauldrons 102 Heads Up - Katwick 2023C28.png
Cauldrons 102 Effects Screen - Katwick 2023C28.jpg
You don't have to worry about accidently trashing your Google Sheet. The spreadsheet is protected, except for the ORANGE cells, which are all user inputs, and the Honeydew Library.Last week, when you Studied the Effects, you used left over Witch Points, and bought more Witch Points with your excess "stuff," didn't you now. :rolleyes:
Unless you have some sort of photographic memory, the Orange Rows are a handy reminder about your Buffs and Durations. While they're not actually used by the spreadsheet, if you wanted to get clever, range AX7:AZ18 would be a fine place to put some formulaic targets for the Solver, rather than using just the simple % Success Rates.

Each week, in the Brewery Widget, four Ingredients won't "be fresh," and can only be purchased by using Diamonds. The Column next to the Ingredient amount is formatted for Short Date, but any nonblank will trigger Gold Conditional Formatting that carries throughout the spreadsheet. AFTER you have some results, either Manually or using the Solver, you can look at the results (that's in the next post) and decide what you want to do about the Weekly Diamond Ingredients.
Cauldrons 102 Weekly Diamonds - Katwick 2023C28.png
Cauldrons 102 Brewery Screen - Katwick 2023C28.png
This is a simple 4 3 Recipe that costs 789 Witch Points, and avoids the use of Diamond Ingredients.

Look at that bottom row, which we just added up in the previous post.
  • 1 C_ has a Value of 18, with a Factor of 0
  • 6 T3 has a Value of 9, and gets CLOBBERED by the Ear Truffle bug, with a Factor of -8
  • then a bunch of zeros until 4 T1 which gets 1 Value point
  • I only have 10 Diplomas, so 11 and 12 are simply ignored.
Did you notice the ORANGE cell for entering Your Diplomas? It's important, sort of. The Effects don't interfere with each other, per se, but if fewer Effects are sharing the same % Success Rate space, your Effects will scale to a higher percentage.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Your Honeydew List and the Recipe Library
Cauldron 102 Named Ranges - Katwick 2023C28.png
You can pop up the Named Ranges Manager by clicking on the cell that's to the bottom left of the Menu Area, just above the top corner of the spreadsheet. We've intentionally restricted our application to a single Google Sheet (except for the hidden Solver Tab), so we need some decent tools for skipping around in the spreadsheet.

_CopyPaste_Current_Data is at the bottom of the Honeydew list
_Initialize is at the top center of the spreadsheet.

Let's jump to the bottom of the Honeydew list.
Cauldrons 102 Honeydew - Katwick 2023C28.png
Cauldrons 102 Recipe Library - Katwick 2023C28.png
A few weeks ago, I used the Honeydew List to enter some Titles for the Recipes and stuff that I intended to work on. When this snapshot was taken, I had just completed our current Recipe, and the GREEN bar has LIVE DATA in it. I can Copy/Paste/Special Ctrl+Shift+v to paste JUST the numbers into the Honeydew list next to the Title that I entered a few weeks ago. If what I pasted is GREEN, then I'll know that I forgot to Paste Special which is BAD, because I would have just pasted live links.The Recipe Library is an AUTOMATICALLY SORTED version of the Honeydew List. The sort order is indicated in the banner row.
By using the Checkboxes in the Honeydew list, I can force selected items to the TOP of the Recipe Library, whereupon I can CopyPaste the abbreviated list into a forum post as a table INCLUDING the links, or perhaps into a different Google Sheet.
You can also use a manual Sort Range command to reorganize the Honeydew list itself, when you switch horses.
Cauldron 102 Google MyDrive - Katwick 2023C28.png
Caldrons 102 Whomever - Katwick 2023C28.png
We've set up a Cauldon related directory on Google MyDrive. Whomever is a wide open directory that you can use to store and link your own Recipes. The link is Whomever. After you've posted a few Recipes, just holler and we'd be delighted to set up a subdirectory for your exclusive use. While the Owner(s) will always have access, we'll avoid posting anything in your personal directory.

We WILL, however, be very interested in sweeping your good Recipes into a Master List, that will eventually be too big for the Recipe Design spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Just the Facts, Ma'am
Now use the _Initialize named range to jump to the top center of the spreadsheet. _Initialize is actually just to the left of this screenshot, and it's unlikely that you even noticed it when you looked at the Weekly Diamond screenshot. Just as a teaser, the Solver will come up with CHEAPER solutions, if you initialize the Recipe State with small numbers, because the Big Dogs will run out of headroom, so the little (much cheaper) guys will still be in the running even though there's not enough room left for the Big Dogs. Along with being Cheaper, the _Initialized recipes are often more powerful as well, because the Solver can get closer to an optimal solution.
Cauldrons 102 Just the Facts - Katwick 2023C28.png

This is just a boiled down version of the Weekly Diamonds section. The only NEW information is
  • The Title, which SHOULD be a =P176 type link to your Honeydew list
  • Your Goal, which is a validated dropdown list that we use to lookup some stuff for the Solver
  • Your available Witch Points
  • A checkbox whereby you can acknowledge that you are intentionally using some Diamond. It's subtle, but you'll notice that there's a strikethrough in the Witch Points column. When you ARE using Diamond Ingredients, it gets real obvious that you're avoiding a LOT of Witch Points by using a few Diamonds.
Cauldrons 102 Witch Points Allotment - Katwick 2023C08.png
Each week you're awarded a bunch of FREE Witch Point. As the chart indicates, you get Witch Points based on The Techs per Completed Chapter TIMES the Chapter number. This chart shows how many Witch Point you get PER Chapter, and the Running Total for Brewing. And YES, you do get partial credit for the Completed Techs in your Current Chapter.
Further down this thread we'll get into how fast you can burn through Witch Points, but the Short Version is that you should limit the Total Number of Ingredients you're willing to use, NOT the number of Witch Points that you're willing to spend. The Witch Points calculation is NOT smooth, probably on purpose, which severely limits the Differential Spline fits that are the Cat's Meow for a Solver.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Post This, and Witch Points
Cauldrons 102 Post This - Katwick 2023C28.png
Cauldrons 102 Witch Points - Katwick 2023C28.png
This is the same data that we saw in Just The Fact, Ma'am, but it's AUTOMATICALLY sorted by Checkbox (false then true) and the Number of Ingredients (Most to Least). This is the DOCUMENTATION POST for your Recipe, hence the Fat Green Border.As indicated, the next price of Unused Ingredients is compounded by 10% each time you add an Ingredient anywhere. Additional Ingredients on the SAME row are compounded by 40% each time you add another Ingredient of that type.
And yes, it's a double whammy. 1.1*1.4 = 1.54 COMPOUNDED when you add an additional Ingredient of the same type. Lots of little Ingredients are MUCH cheaper than a few larger Ingredients.
To belabor a very important point:
* 11 Fire Spore starts out at 50 Witch Points, and is compounded thrice
* 12 Beetlenut starts out at 73 Witch Point, and is compounded twice
* if you were to add another 12 Beetlenut it would cost you 174*1.54=268 more Witch Points.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Effect (Diploma) Sequence, and =VLOOKUP()
Cauldrons 102 Effects - Katwick 2023C28.png
This sort is mostly for completeness, but it's occasionally handy to look at things Chapter by Chapter. We're also using it as an indexed table for when we need to look up Effect related information in various parts of the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Brewery Results
Models are never perfect, mostly because processes are never perfect. BUT the devil is in the details, and this sort supports a tight comparison with what's reported by the actual Cauldron Brewery. I suspect that the Brewery only reports results that are Greater than Zero, which would exclude Effects that are above your Diploma Level, regardless of the lies that you've told to your simulation software.

Roundoff errors are a programming bugaboo. Everybody has a different opinion about ROUNDDOWN(), ROUND(Name,Places), and ROUNDUP(), and then there's Integer Truncation and a whole zoo of precision related tradeoffs. When you're presenting Cost Information you pretty much have to ROUNDUP(), because you can't spend 788.3 Witch Points. So, as in this case, you'll occasionally see a +/- 1 unit error.

For the Percent Success Rate we've fudged just a bit. We're showing an extra decimal place so that you can tell when you've had a near miss, or when values are "identical" but the sort order is inconsistent.

Just FYI, my practice is to add 1E-15 (a very small number) to most calculated variables as that ducks Divide by Zero errors, and it's a tie breaker for rational fractions, like 1/2, which can go either way depending on the vagaries of programming languages and programmer preferences.
Cauldrons 102 Brewery Screen - Katwick 2023C28.png
Cauldrons 102 Brewery Sequence - Katwick 2023C28.png

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Graphs, Graphs, Graphs
These graphs are driven by the data that's contained in the Recipe Library. We've occasionally
poked in "high", when data from infeasible experiments would distort the graphs, like 25 Ingredients
of one type, just to see what would happen to the Witch Points (it's scary), but for most part
you'll be able to find several feasible Recipes.

Cauldrons 102 Success Rates - Katwick 2023C28.png

Everybody (except the Bridge Troll) has to squeeze into the same Sqrt(N/25) space for their
Percent Success rates. It's entirely possible (with 12 different ingredients) for the Max Rate to fall
below the 20% for a single cable. On the high end, EVERYBODY gets a piece of the action,
so it's pretty much impossible to get to 100% for a particular Effect.

Cauldrons 102 Number of Ingredients - Katwick 2023C28.png

I'm not afraid of spending a few Diamonds when I can get exceptional results by wiping off the
worst of the Witch Point killers. But mostly, this is a really good excuse for including a pretty graph.

Cauldrons 102 Effect Recipes - Katwick 2023C28.png

There's plenty of room, in the spreadsheet, to stretch out this Type of Effect Chart, which is
NOT linear. The number of available Recipes for each Effect can vary by a ton.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Using the SOLVER
You knew we're get here eventually, huh? If you know HOW you would do something, but it would be much too tedious, and your model is Smooth and Convex (we'll let the Math PhDs worry about that), then you have a good SOLVER application.

In the Brewery, the calculation of Witch Points is choppy, with a lot of discontinuities when you switch Ingredients, so I've simply avoided trying to optimize for Witch Points. Limiting the number of cables will get you close enough anyway, and once you've seen what the Weekly Diamonds did to your Favorite Recipe, you may decide to use a few Diamonds after all.

Similarly, you might want to intentionally go after a HUGE recipe that you couldn't possibly afford with just Witch Points.

Cauldrons 102 Solver - Katwick 2023C28.png
In the Sheets menu, click on Extensions > Solver > Start (or Help).
'
AM7 is the address of the Cell that we want to optimize, _01_C_ Coins % Success Rate in this example.
Based on your selected Effect Focus, we bump a Lookup Table to help you avoid mishaps.
We want to Maximize the indicated Success Rate
AL7:AL18 is the Range (Amount of Each Ingredient) cells that the Solver is permitted to manipulate as it tries to Maximize the Success Rate that we want.
AL7:AL18=integer because we can't input fractional Ingredient Amounts.
AL7:AL18>=0 because negative Ingredient Amounts are not allowed.
AL7:AL18<=4 To keep the costs down, you should start with the Sqrt(Total Amount of all Ingredients), and then bump it up if the Solver can't find a solution that has the total Number of Ingredients that you can afford.
AL19<=7 is the total Number of Ingredients that you can afford, INCLUDING the Witch Points that you intend to wipe off by using Diamonds. Start a bit high, and then lower the Total Amount to what you can afford.
Now click the Solve button at the bottom of the popup. If it's going to find a solution at all, it will take about 15 seconds.
Cauldrons 102 Solver Notes - Katwick 2023C28.png

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Showtime!!
Cauldron 102 (Beta) is now ready to Rock and Roll.
Screenshot_20230329_184223_Chrome.jpg

You can download the Google Sheet from Cauldrons 102 Beta Release - Katwick 2023C28
  • The Standard Spreadsheet works fine on both Mobile and Desktop platforms
  • The fancy Solver capability requires a Desktop computer
  • To upload your Recipe results, you'll need a Google ID
If there's enough interest, and if a couple of end-gamers are willing to do some verification testing,
it will only take a few days to include Diploma Levels 13-24.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
It's a good week for 03_SB, Barracks Strength, because 34 Ear Truffle can be had for Diamonds.

These recipes can all be used by a player with only 4 Diplomas, 350 Witch Points, and a Few Diamonds. These tests were all run with a limit of 14 Ingredients, 9 max of each. Over the next few days I'll be pushing those limits a bit higher, to see how hard we can squeeze the 350 Witch Points that a 4 Diploma Player will have. Then I'll pretty things up a bit and tuck links into the Recipe Library.

This data is from my Quick and Dirty Recipe list, whererrent I can quite literally text and document a trial recipe with a dozen keystrokes, because the data transfer is all Copy Paste Special (Ctrl+Shift+v). It will definitely still be Beta, but I expect to release my working copy by the end of the week.

The Diamond Ingredients for the week of April 2, 2023 are Highlighted.
The table is sorted low to high by Witch Points, $$ Diamonds, Rate, and Effect.
EffectRateDpl#WPs$$Result111213142122232431323334
03_SB72.08%414035072.08%000500000009
03_SB72.33%4145032572.33%001400000009
03_SB69.28%41212725069.28%000400200024
03_SB71.71%41412730071.71%002400000008
03_SB72.30%41412730072.30%000700300022
03_SB74.83%41412730074.83%000600300023
03_SB74.83%41418827574.83%000501200024
02_WS74.83%41425425074.83%010012910000
03_SB74.83%41428125074.83%002400300023
Do please remember that Witch Point Herbs should be entered in MOST to LEAST sequence and, while the sequence doesn't really matter for Diamond Ingredients, there's no good reason for breaking the pattern.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Hey, ummm, can ya explain how this works for those of us who are not math PHDs? Honestly, my eyes rolled back in my head half way through the first post.
First one must understand it, that's what the Model is all about, THEN one can simplify the results for the casual user.

You're about 6 months too early! :scroll:

Katwick

Cartographer
Punch Above Your Weight Class
Use Ctrl+Mouse Wheel, Ctrl +/-, or a two fingered stretch to ZOOM in.
Punch Above your Weight Class - Katwick 2023D03.png

These tests are for the week of April 2, 2023. The first value for each Ingredient Vector is for 14 Ingredients, the next couple entries BRACKET the 350 Witch Points that a 4 Diploma player will have, and they can use a few Diamonds to get their Success Rate up into the high 90s. The final entry in each group is the cost of 25 Ingredients. Note that the chart is logarithmic, so that you'll be able to see the small numbers.

I'll have to split the table into sections, because of forum post size limitations. In a week or so, once the next Beta release is posted, you'll be able to look at the spreadsheet itself.
PresetsEffectRateDpl#WPs$$Result111213142122232431323334Date
01_C_ 11 to 101_C_74.83%4145253074.83%2210000090002023D02
Preset 12 to 101_C_20.00%415000.00%0100000000002023D02
Preset 12 to 101_C_74.83%4145601074.83%0900000010402023D02
Preset 13 to 101_C_74.83%41450172574.83%1901000012002023D02
Preset 14 to 101_C_74.83%4145327074.83%1900000010302023D02
Preset 24 to 101_C_74.83%4145601074.83%4900000001002023D02
Preset 31 to 101_C_0.00%415000.00%0000000010002023D02
Preset 31 to 101_C_0.00%415000.00%0000000010002023D02
Preset 31 to 101_C_74.83%4144208074.83%6700000010002023D02
Preset 32 to 101_C_74.83%4144208074.83%6700000010002023D02
Preset 33 to 101_C_74.83%4144208074.83%6700000010002023D02
Preset 34 to 101_C_74.83%41440362574.83%6700000000012023D02
02_WS 11 to 102_WS74.83%414114320074.83%0000305600002023D02
Preset 12 to 102_WS74.83%41483915074.83%0200402240002023D02
Preset 13 to 102_WS74.83%41470922574.83%0500009000002023D02
Preset 14 to 102_WS74.83%41458417574.83%1200601130002023D02
Preset 21 to 102_WS15.00%410250.00%0000100000002023D02
Preset 21 to 102_WS74.83%41470922574.83%0500009000002023D02
Preset 22 to 102_WS13.33%415000.00%0000010000002023D02
Preset 22 to 102_WS74.83%41470922574.83%0500009000002023D02
Preset 23 to 102_WS20.00%410250.00%0000001000002023D02
Preset 23 to 102_WS20.00%410250.00%0000001000002023D02
Preset 23 to 102_WS74.83%41425425074.83%0100129100002023D02
Preset 23 to 102_WS100.00%4251978325100.00%03003510400002023D02
Preset 24 to 102_WS20.00%415000.00%0000000100002023D02
Preset 24 to 102_WS74.83%414453610074.83%0000014900002023D02
Preset 34 to 102_WS74.83%414123117574.83%0100700060002023D02

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
03_SB 11 to 103_SB74.83%41418827574.83%0005012000242023D02
Preset 11 to 103_SB95.92%42332745095.92%0026004011182023D02
Preset 11 to 103_SB97.98%42438547597.98%00060130301102023D02
Preset 12 to 103_SB72.33%4145032572.33%0014000000092023D02
Preset 12 to 103_SB92.65%42231245092.65%00360020001102023D02
Preset 12 to 103_SB95.09%42341545095.09%0036003000292023D02
Preset 12 to 103_SB100.00%4253238350100.00%0018224000802023D02
Preset 13 to 103_SB15.00%415000.00%0010000000002023D02
Preset 13 to 103_SB74.83%41428125074.83%0024003000232023D02
Preset 13 to 103_SB80.00%41625430080.00%0014004010242023D02
Preset 13 to 103_SB82.46%41735430082.46%0024004010242023D02
Preset 13 to 103_SB100.00%425703450100.00%0126006000462023D02
Preset 14 to 103_SB13.33%410250.00%0001000000002023D02
Preset 14 to 103_SB74.83%41438522574.83%0005012100322023D02
Preset 21 to 103_SB72.30%41412730072.30%0007003000222023D02
Preset 21 to 103_SB93.81%42224647593.81%0009005000352023D02
Preset 21 to 103_SB95.92%423283737595.92%0009006000802023D02
Preset 21 to 103_SB97.98%42470947597.98%0008006000552023D02
Preset 21 to 103_SB100.00%425501500100.00%0017007000462023D02
Preset 22 to 103_SB74.83%41412730074.83%0006003000232023D02
Preset 22 to 103_SB95.92%42331247595.92%0006007010362023D02
Preset 22 to 103_SB97.98%42449545097.98%0016006020362023D02

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Preset 32 to 103_SB71.71%41412730071.71%0024000000082023D02
Preset 32 to 103_SB83.21%41831235083.21%0034001000192023D02
Preset 32 to 103_SB86.02%41918840086.02%0025002000192023D02
Preset 32 to 103_SB87.88%420123132587.88%00630000001102023D02
Preset 32 to 103_SB90.23%42187935090.23%00540100001102023D02
Preset 32 to 103_SB98.84%42578845098.84%00380000004102023D02
Preset 33 to 103_SB69.28%41212725069.28%0004002000242023D02
Preset 33 to 103_SB93.81%42224647593.81%0009005000352023D02
Preset 33 to 103_SB95.92%423283737595.92%0009006000802023D02
Preset 33 to 103_SB100.00%425495475100.00%0017006020362023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB72.08%414035072.08%0005000000092023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB75.30%415037575.30%00050000000102023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB78.08%41612735078.08%00240000000102023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB80.56%41724635080.56%00340000000102023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB83.13%41818837583.13%00250000001102023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB85.50%41912742585.50%00070000002102023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB86.95%420050086.95%000100000000102023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB90.23%42150140090.23%00450010001102023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB93.81%42218847593.81%0016004000292023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB95.92%42328147595.92%0026004000292023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB97.98%42450147597.98%0006103040192023D02
Preset 34 to 103_SB98.98%42518855098.98%000100120002102023D02

Trace Preset 34 (a one ingredient recipe defines each of the twelve Ingredient/Effect vectors) From 14 Ingredients all the way up to 25 Ingredients. Note, in particular, that the Witch Points are a sawtooth pattern, because they drop drastically each time a Diamond Ingredient increases.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
04_T1 11 to 104_T174.83%41433637574.83%0000003080302023D02
Preset 21 to 104_T174.83%414139912574.83%0000000004552023D02
Preset 22 to 104_T174.83%414139912574.83%0000000004552023D02
Preset 23 to 104_T174.83%414283715074.83%0000006008002023D02
Preset 24 to 104_T174.83%414283715074.83%0000006008002023D02
Preset 31 to 104_T174.83%414283715074.83%0000006008002023D02
Preset 32 to 104_T120.00%415000.00%0000000001002023D02
Preset 32 to 104_T174.83%41448605074.83%1000002029002023D02
Preset 33 to 104_T120.00%415000.00%0000000000102023D02
Preset 33 to 104_T174.83%41449975074.83%0000002030902023D02
Preset 34 to 104_T174.83%41450122574.83%0000000001492023D02

You can probably see the beginnings of a simplified Recipe Book. But we're still a long ways from understanding the patterns well enough offer useful Rules of Thumb.
  • We've already found a couple of bugs on the InnoGames side.
  • We'll undoubtedly find several more bugs in our model.
  • All of the evidence, so far, has been validating the 24 Vector model, but looking at the jumpy areas will give us a better idea regarding how robust the model is.
  • Some of our theories and assumptions will simply be wrong.
  • There are plenty of new concepts to be discovered, now that we have the tools to make the Brewery beg for Mercy.
  • There are several interesting considerations:
    • Is the Brewery widget is smart enough for order entry to matter?
    • Are the vectors just an artifact of the Solver finding it's own way?
    • Are the vectors just an organizational convenience?
    • By following the "common wisdom" of entering Ingredients MOST to FEWEST, are we chopping out 11 of the possible 12 Recipe vectors? Probably so!
    • Do the various vectors EVER have identical Ingredient mixes, at some number of Ingredients, and if so what controls the path selection at the nodes?
    • Is it like a Railroad Network, or like Google Maps, where there's a least cost path to any destination?
    • Are any of you guys Graph Theory experts?? :oops:

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Tried to import to LibreOffice 7.5 as both xlsx and .odt. Neither worked

The __Solver___conflict1359042363 sheet is blank and not downloading, which means the following are probably related.

Also some "NA" errors under AT7:AT19 Vlookups return this if no match if found in array named (no range names appear, just cell references. I've found problems with moving from google.docs to odt/xlsx before). The other errors are all name errors in most of the other charts/arrays.

Checked the named ranges against original. They appear to be intact in copy. Sigh.

AJ

Last edited: