• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

CC old messages to another player

KonTiki

In message box in the game, how do you copy (send, forward) an old message to another player in your FS. The mages want to update our archmage on our discussion by forwarding our thread.

Thanks!
KonTiki

DeletedUser3312

You will just need to copy it and paste it in the message section of the FS. You may have to do it in parts as messages can only have so many characters.

DeletedUser3312

You will just need to copy it and paste it in the message section of the FS. You may have to do it in parts as messages can only have so many characters.

I use windows... i highlight and copy text and paste it where I want it to be. for me using windows, it is extremely easy. I do not know what software you are using. I apologize that I cannot help you more.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I use windows... i highlight and copy text and paste it where I want it to be. for me using windows, it is extremely easy. I do not know what software you are using. I apologize that I cannot help you more.

You can do that from in-game chat and in-game emails without using the system I posted above?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
depending on how the original message was sent you might be able to simply reply to it. A message sent to an entire fellowship auto updates new and old members. So sometimes to bring an old message back to the top of someone inbox or just for visibility to new members simply replying can have the desired effect.

DeletedUser3312

You can do that from in-game chat and in-game emails without using the system I posted above?

Soggy, I was referring to copying and pasting from the forum to the FS chat window. I share announcements and updates provided to my FS as they are not forum members. The way you stated was for copying messages from FS chat to someone or somewhere else. Thank you for clarifying.

KonTiki

Thanks Jewess. I use windows too. But cut/paste from the message window was not as straight forward. SoggyShorts provided the answer if you are interested.
Thanks!

KonTiki

depending on how the original message was sent you might be able to simply reply to it. A message sent to an entire fellowship auto updates new and old members. So sometimes to bring an old message back to the top of someone inbox or just for visibility to new members simply replying can have the desired effect.
Thanks Mykan. My original problem was I corresponded with only one FS person, but then wanted to "forward" or "cc" that thread to our archmage. (Note, the first FS person and I BOTH wanted to cc our archmage.)

Apparently, once a thread is started in the message box, you cannot change the addressees for that thread ... and I was forced to copy and paste, starting a new thread where the omitted member is now added.

If there's a will, we will find a way.

Thanks!
KonTiki

Calenmir

Also want to thank SoggyShorts! The issue of copy/paste came up yesterday in an email, so those instructions were most timely. Thanks!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Also want to thank SoggyShorts! The issue of copy/paste came up yesterday in an email, so those instructions were most timely. Thanks!
You're very welcome. Unfortunately INNO has chosen to run their own wiki so there is no obvious place to gather all hints and tips in one place.
The closest we have is Mykan's guide which is awesome if you know about it =)

Calenmir

I do. Since these recent changes have impacted my play a lot, I have been haunting the forum (clearly as I'm shown as a new member) looking for help and answers. Lots of which (like this little tip) I'm taking back to my FS. You all are great with the help!