• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ch.11 halflings settlement best layout option

hey all, now obviously i realize this depends on your own city's layout, as well as your preferences. but after looking at elvengems.com for suggested layouts, the most efficient ones use a 5x4 space but also have either extra farms or fields that aren't really needed.

so here's my question/what i need help with: if you look at the attachment:
halflings forum help.png
i'm trying to fit 8 farms n 16 fields in a 4x4 province area, including the level 4 portal (which is 5x6). so for those of you who really enjoy tinkering n messing around with layouts, is it possible to fit these in the designated area? (i had a layout that fit them, using the canal to connect them all to the portal, but that's before i realized the "new" connection types...that's whats throwing a wrench in the works)

n if they can't all fit, for those of you who have already played halflings, what would you recommend as the most efficient combo of farms n fields, n what would the layout be?

PLEASE ATTACH SCREENSHOTS USING ELVENARCHITECT.COM...THANKS!!

P.S. the reason i'm asking this, btw, is that elvengems.com says the Ch.10 settlement takes up "just shy of a full 5x5 area of expansions grid", which is WRONG...here's my current city's elvenarchitect blueprint, which shows it fits very neatly in a 4x4 expansion grid, plus the 1 extra row of squares on each side due to the length of the arcane faculties (i was also gonna show an actual screenshot of the city in-game, but every format i try the forum says the file is too large; any ideas on that?) so i'm trying to fit the halfling settlement in the same space, since supposedly it takes up less space than the sorcerers n dragons one. oh, n when they say their examples "fit neatly in a 5x3 expansion grid"? dunno who's doing the math there, but when you count the squares, they're actually 6x3 n 7x3
forum sampler.png

UPDATE: ummm, so am i pulling a sheldon cooper w/super asymmetry rite now, n figure this out? lemme know if you see any reason why this doesn't work:
halflings farming settlement.png

Last edited:
thanks you 2, i appreciate the extra sets of eyes! but i think i just came up w/an even better layout, n even more symmetrical (21x21), so it basically fits in a 4x4 expansion grid...n still has 8 farms n 16 fields (4 of each kind):
halflings farming settlement 2.1.png