• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ch 14 advice for quick progression

Soleil Nightbloom

I just started Ch 14, have already researched the dust factory upgrade (alloy shrooms will be my boost) and currently researching my trader upgrade. Looking ahead in the chapter I’m not sure if I can get by with my sentient good factories (2 T4 and 1 T5). Maybe I can once I get them to max level. So far, mana, seeds and orc productions hasn’t been an issue either which is nice. I definitely use portal profits and like to follow the story quests.

I should mention that I am a player that likes to move as quickly as possible through their chapter because I have a personal goal of catching up to the game and pretty proud of myself for only playing a little over a year. If some of you visit my city I have tons of space right now so I have room to rearrange and upgrade. Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated :)

Soleil Nightbloom

Forgot to mention that I have checked out Elvengems as well. Sometimes they give tips for players who want to go through their chapters quickly, I didn’t see those tips this time.

Iamaita

I ended up building a third S3 (T6?) in ch 15, so you might think about doing that now if you have space and population. Look for good seed buildings from events and craft festival merchants. I was able to convert some mana space to seed space because the mana was just piling up.

I thought constructs was a lot of fun. I used one of the Elvengems settlement layouts with four of each island, and that worked well. Start cranking out those little doodads as soon as you get your portal built. It’s a little bit of a blur at this point, but I am pretty sure that sentient goods were my slow down so I hope you have some MM spells saved. I think I used portal profits to upgrade my portal as soon as I could and then upgraded islands as soon as I unlocked the tech. I kept the islands churning, first just the nutrients, then one of each nutrient and two of the elvenarin during the day and elvarium and humanium overnight. I tried my best to keep nutrients balanced but remember using time boosts to catch up when they got out of sync. On mobile it was hard to tell which building I was selecting to keep track of what was being made, and that led to some mistakes in starting productions. I used portal profits to get the rest of the elvarium and humanium once I had the other goods to unlock a tech. Sorry if I am not remembering everything clearly.

There are some really awesome new things in this chapter. My favorites were the 3 star blossom mage and the timewarp. Have fun!

edit to add my rough timeline: all my fall event buildings are ch 13, Halloween buildings are ch 14, and winter are all ch 15. So I started constructs sometime after the fall event and finished it sometime before the winter event.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was also going to mention that depending on the trade market on your server, you may need to build three factories. My Arendyll city has never needed more than two of each and it is now in chapter 19, but that city also has all the stuff that makes the Magical Manufacturing enchantment more useful, a level 10 Storm Phoenix and a level 16 ETC AW. When the Phoenix is fed, I am getting 130% extra goods from factories with a MM on them. But over on Beta, my chapter 15 city has a much smaller trade market and no Storm and lower level ETC, so I had to build a third tier 3 sentient factory to keep up. I have still gotten that far with only two each of the other sentient boosts, though.

Soleil Nightbloom

I ended up building a third S3 (T6?) in ch 15, so you might think about doing that now if you have space and population. Look for good seed buildings from events and craft festival merchants. I was able to convert some mana space to seed space because the mana was just piling up.

I thought constructs was a lot of fun. I used one of the Elvengems settlement layouts with four of each island, and that worked well. Start cranking out those little doodads as soon as you get your portal built. It’s a little bit of a blur at this point, but I am pretty sure that sentient goods were my slow down so I hope you have some MM spells saved. I think I used portal profits to upgrade my portal as soon as I could and then upgraded islands as soon as I unlocked the tech. I kept the islands churning, first just the nutrients, then one of each nutrient and two of the elvenarin during the day and elvarium and humanium overnight. I tried my best to keep nutrients balanced but remember using time boosts to catch up when they got out of sync. On mobile it was hard to tell which building I was selecting to keep track of what was being made, and that led to some mistakes in starting productions. I used portal profits to get the rest of the elvarium and humanium once I had the other goods to unlock a tech. Sorry if I am not remembering everything clearly.

There are some really awesome new things in this chapter. My favorites were the 3 star blossom mage and the timewarp. Have fun!

edit to add my rough timeline: all my fall event buildings are ch 13, Halloween buildings are ch 14, and winter are all ch 15. So I started constructs sometime after the fall event and finished it sometime before the winter event.
I’ve been looking forward to playing this chapter for almost as long as I’ve been playing! The main thing I’m looking forward to is the troop upgrades and researching the two AWs at the end of the chapter (Timewarp and Simia Sapiens). I’m trying to do some upgrades before I go further in the chapter, hopefully I don’t lose too much space.

Soleil Nightbloom

I was also going to mention that depending on the trade market on your server, you may need to build three factories. My Arendyll city has never needed more than two of each and it is now in chapter 19, but that city also has all the stuff that makes the Magical Manufacturing enchantment more useful, a level 10 Storm Phoenix and a level 16 ETC AW. When the Phoenix is fed, I am getting 130% extra goods from factories with a MM on them. But over on Beta, my chapter 15 city has a much smaller trade market and no Storm and lower level ETC, so I had to build a third tier 3 sentient factory to keep up. I have still gotten that far with only two each of the other sentient boosts, though.
I’m on Harandar, where there seems to be a shortage of steel players which is effecting the trade market. I have started to upgrade a second S2 and S3 factory, thanks for the heads up by the way. I also placed a low level ETC AW in my city. I have a Ch 10 level 1 storm phoenix and Ch 12 level 1 panda in my inventory. Been debating which one to place or wait to switch them out when they eventually come to the Spire or when their respected event comes around. I keep a couple festival merchants as placeholders so I’m waiting to switch them out for my current chapter. Then I can hopefully acquire some more.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I enjoyed ch14. This was my layout to gain maximum settlement production, and minimising roads.
Constructs Layout10-USE THIS.JPG

@Soleil Nightbloom You have a good space set aside bottom right that should fit those settlement buildings.
Your Dr Freakensplean buildings don't require roads, so can be hidden behind other buildings instead.

Soleil Nightbloom

@iamthouth Yes, those Dr. Freakenslean buildings were to make room for those goldsmiths from ch 13. I’m upgrading my factories right now, so it will be interesting to see how much space I have left when I finish.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I’m on Harandar, where there seems to be a shortage of steel players which is effecting the trade market. I have started to upgrade a second S2 and S3 factory, thanks for the heads up by the way. I also placed a low level ETC AW in my city. I have a Ch 10 level 1 storm phoenix and Ch 12 level 1 panda in my inventory. Been debating which one to place or wait to switch them out when they eventually come to the Spire or when their respected event comes around. I keep a couple festival merchants as placeholders so I’m waiting to switch them out for my current chapter. Then I can hopefully acquire some more.
I would disenchant the level 10 storm and panda. You will get them in the MA again, although it might take a while. (I was so afraid to disenchant my lower level storm, but I got the new one within 2 weeks in the MA. I can't promise you the same, but it will come and you really don't want to have to upgrade 4 levels ... too many rrs.) (And of course, they won't come to the MA if you have one in storage or placed in the city.)

I don't know what Harandar is like, but I know on Sinya I'd do almost anything for a shrooms boost. Check what shortages you see there and if shrooms is in short supply there too, you may want to build a third. Also watch your seed production ... you always need tons more once you start making sentients. Build as many Festival Merchants (or an equally good one) for seeds as you can manage. I think there may be some even better, but the FM is the workhorse that keeps me in seeds and more importantly, it's freely available from the MA.

Sounds like you're going to fly through that chapter. Best of luck to you!

Soleil Nightbloom

I would disenchant the level 10 storm and panda. You will get them in the MA again, although it might take a while. (I was so afraid to disenchant my lower level storm, but I got the new one within 2 weeks in the MA. I can't promise you the same, but it will come and you really don't want to have to upgrade 4 levels ... too many rrs.) (And of course, they won't come to the MA if you have one in storage or placed in the city.)
Thanks for the advice! I’m definitely going to add some more festival merchants and have to see which event buildings I have in inventor. When an evolving building comes to the MA that I only have the base for or haven’t evolved yet I wait. I’m usually waiting to see if a bunch of the fellows see it coming through their MAs then I disenchant it and wait for a better one. That was how I got my Ch 12 bears. I like saving my royal restorations too and keep placeholders for certain buildings to switch out when I get to a new chapter. This saves me a bunch of royal restorations.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When an evolving building comes to the MA that I only have the base for or haven’t evolved yet I wait. I’m usually waiting to see if a bunch of the fellows see it coming through their MAs then I disenchant it and wait for a better one.

Every base added to crafting has been a permanent addition, so you don't have to stress about it. And if there are a bunch you don't have, they will stay in the rotation and dilute your building pool until you craft them and hide them in your inventory. Same thing with the chess set buildings.

Soleil Nightbloom

Every base added to crafting has been a permanent addition, so you don't have to stress about it. And if there are a bunch you don't have, they will stay in the rotation and dilute your building pool until you craft them and hide them in your inventory. Same thing with the chess set buildings.
Well that's a relief, thanks! Much appreciated :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I also placed a low level ETC AW in my city.
If you have a good stockpile of Magical Manufacturing enchantments (and by good stockpile I mean 100+) I would work on upgrading this AW ASAP. I was able to do ch 14 in slightly less than 2 months with a total of only 5 sentient manufactories in every one of my cities. I had a S1, 2 S2s, and 2 S3s. However I had a few hundred MM spells and my ETC was level 8 or higher everywhere. And I was dropping a MM spell on every single manufactory every single day. I also collect all the evolving buildings and my Moonstone set takes up 2 or 3 expansions (depends on which of my cities). So I had lots of other sources of sentient goods to add to my manufactories.

Soleil Nightbloom

Unfortunately, I don’t have a stockpile of MM spells. For some reason I never seem to have enough and I’m constantly making them. I’m also going to have to place my evolving buildings that I teleported for space. Plus, I will want to place the new building set. The huge area I set aside for the settlement is slowly dwindling, lol.