• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Change expiration times from 7 days to 2 days

DeletedUser2509

7 day expiration dates are a bit excessive. Lowering it down to 2 days would be more advantageous for everyone. When the trader becomes clogged up with undesirable trades (for instance 14 pages of these) it really disturbs the flow and hinders progress of players wishing to use this tool. Any trades that have not been picked up in a 2 day period are more than likely not going to be picked up at all. Some of us who have already scouted out beyond 300 provinces also are seeing a lot of trader fee trades. Reducing down the expiration to 2 days will not only give a better economy flow to the trader but also more rotation to the posted trade choices.

DeletedUser10008

Have a solo non conformist that posts unreasonable trades that sit for the seven days or until they accidently get clicked. Wouldn't mind a shorter time on trades.

DeletedUser2870

If we're talking about changing the time they stay on, why not do it ina more elaborate way?
3-star trades stay on for 10 days (7 days if cross-tier)
2-star trades stay on for 5 days (3 days if cross-tier)
1-star trades stay on for 2 days (1 day if cross-tier)
0-star trades stay on for 1 day

That would not hamper normal trades, and would give people who want to do some lopsided trading to help out a FS member still a way of doing so without the board being constantly polluted with trades almost no-one is interested in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd support something closer to the suggestion from @Dhurrin with modifications, but definitely not the OP. Although the OP is clearly far less work for the devs, it caters only to people who get to play regularly. Someone who only gets to log in on the weekend might need those trades desperately, and having them expire on Monday or Tuesday would be penalizing casual players.

I'd like it if 0 and 1 star trades expired quickly, but think anything two and above is fine for a week.

All of that said, I think a more useful and necessary answer would be better filters for what we want to see, which would make most of it moot.

DeletedUser2870

I agree with @Ashrem that just adding some more filters would be the most elegant solution. It also should require the least programming time to just add a few more filters. Like a filter for 'stars' and one for crosstiers for example.
Knowing Inno, that of course will not happen as they never seem to to choose the most direct, easiest or most elegant option.
My option was as a response to the OP in case someone actually wanted to change the time for trades. And the number of days there was just a suggestion.
(Of course, someone who desperatesly needs trades would be better off posting 3 star trades anyway since the chance of those being taken is way better than the 1 star trades)

DeletedUser12423

Other than the occasional 0-star trades that get posted by idiots, I've never seen trades last more than a day or so.

I'm still fairly new and use the trader everyday. My trades are usually sold out in 12 hours (I do mostly 1 and 2 star trades). I agree with most of the statements on this post. If you are active, reducing the duration of the auction house wouldn't hurt anyway. And there are other ways to remedy this: Charge the seller a fee every time they put in a no-star trade, regardless of what they are selling or if it sells at all ^ ^

DeletedUser12423

I'd support something closer to the suggestion from @Dhurrin with modifications, but definitely not the OP. Although the OP is clearly far less work for the devs, it caters only to people who get to play regularly. Someone who only gets to log in on the weekend might need those trades desperately, and having them expire on Monday or Tuesday would be penalizing casual players.

I'd like it if 0 and 1 star trades expired quickly, but think anything two and above is fine for a week.

All of that said, I think a more useful and necessary answer would be better filters for what we want to see, which would make most of it moot.

Agreed! The filter is by far the best way to handle it - Also add what type of materials you are looking for in the filter!!! =)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
trader.png

Filters for 1 and zero star trades
Filter for FS only
Filter for cross-tier
And allowance of partial trade at 10%, 50%, ALL

Last edited: