• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Changing FS membership for Tourneys

DeletedUser6219

I just ignore them. I have found that ignoring people in this game is quite useful and makes for a much more pleasant experience.

Annabe11a

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I have seen this Arch's latest posting and it may not be illegal but it's certainly low. She is asking for temporary people to come to her fs so she can get the 10 chests. She has created a second fs under a different name and "parks" her regular members in there until after the tournament then kicks the 10 chest players and brings her regulars back. And she claims to be doing this every week for months now. I'm just shocked that she has any reqular players, she treating them like cattle, moving them from one place to another just so she gets hers. I tell all my people, to do just one province to get what the rest of us work for, it's only fair, they do so much more other than get us 10 chests. There, got my 2 cents in, feel better hahaha.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Maybe I'm missing something here,
You might be.
It's entirely possible that everyone is happy with the arrangement. If she's been doing it for months, I'd say it's rather likely even.

Look at it this way:
You have 20 FS members that have inconsistent tournament scores. Perhaps due to RL, or perhaps because they only want to focus on the 3 tournaments that give them relics for their boost.
Instead of getting 4-5 chests every week, they split into 2 FS.

FS 1 is casual and just does a little bit of the tournament, allowing its members a week off to save up for when they are ready for a tournament push.
FS 2 has goods/troops saved up for a 10 chest run, and includes some temporary players to get 10 chests.
Players are free to move from one FS to the other at any time.

One could argue that this is a far more fair system than having members who only do 1 province each week.

Annabe11a

You points are right Soggy and I'm thinking I'm playing this game in a different mode than some. I came here after 5 years of Evony and a 6 month break from all games to get my sanity and humanity back. Seems I was really good at steal, murder, maim. I've finally found a game that lets me be human again so I suppose her "win at all costs" hit a nerve. I'm going to my fellowship and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing - as long as you don't do it to me, we're good. Don't make me release the monkeys. Thanks Soggy :)

SoggyShorts

so I suppose her "win at all costs" hit a nerve.
I don't know the AM in question, so it is possible that she is mean about it and the situation is actually quite bad where she kicks players who get 1200 points for someone who will get 1600 etc.
I just don't think that would work "for months", so I don't think it's a "win at all costs" attitude at all, but rather a "make everything better for everyone" situation.

I know I would jump at the chance to hop down to a casual FS for a couple of weeks and then jump back to my dedicated FS whenever I felt like it if everyone was cool with it, and it didn't hurt my FS in any way.
My specific situation is becoming less and less rare as time goes on:
End of the tech tree with nothing to do but tournaments and dumping KP into wonders.
If my FS was able to replace me with temporary members each week until a new guest race comes out I'd be all over it.

The problem with static fellowships is that even if you manage to find 24 other players with exactly the same goals and activity level, the expectation that all of them want to maintain that exact level all of the time forever is unreasonable.

Annabe11a

I don't know the AM in question, so it is possible that she is mean about it and the situation is actually quite bad where she kicks players who get 1200 points for someone who will get 1600 etc.
I just don't think that would work "for months", so I don't think it's a "win at all costs" attitude at all, but rather a "make everything better for everyone" situation.

I know I would jump at the chance to hop down to a casual FS for a couple of weeks and then jump back to my dedicated FS whenever I felt like it if everyone was cool with it, and it didn't hurt my FS in any way.
My specific situation is becoming less and less rare as time goes on:
End of the tech tree with nothing to do but tournaments and dumping KP into wonders.
If my FS was able to replace me with temporary members each week until a new guest race comes out I'd be all over it.

The problem with static fellowships is that even if you manage to find 24 other players with exactly the same goals and activity level, the expectation that all of them want to maintain that exact level all of the time forever is unreasonable.

As an AM myself, I hear you Soggy! I'm not seriously working on the Elementals for that reason and have had more than a few days where I would like to turn it over to a Mage and walk away for a few days :) Thanks for the conversation, I am so over whatever got me twisted when this started -hahaha.

Risen Malchiah

Nobody has asked me to join them even when I'm always in the top 100 and occasionally in the top 10. :D I know soliciting happens, but what's a guy gotta do to get noticed around here. :rolleyes:

(Upon re-reading this, it sounds like I'm whining. I'm not. I'm quite happy. Though I would be flattered if I was approached.)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Just wondering. Wasn't there just a thread about somebody changing FS too many times? :confused: To me this seems like the complete opposite of what was dished out to that OP and yet some of the same people are condoning this. It seems to me that the AM would be ruining the chances of the players being booted to the 2nd FS and back having any good chance at moving to another FS if they want to down the line through no real fault of their own. If anything, the AM and those who want to play this shuffle should go to the 2nd FS or it is pretty darn selfish IMO. Sounds really heavy handed to me. Like if you don't do your 1600 share on the Tournaments then we are going to ruin your stats so other FS will be put off by how many times you changed FS stats.

DeletedUser12171

Just wondering. Wasn't there just a thread about somebody changing FS too many times? :confused: To me this seems like the complete opposite of what was dished out to that OP and yet some of the same people are condoning this. It seems to me that the AM would be ruining the chances of the players being booted to the 2nd FS and back having any good chance at moving to another FS if they want to down the line through no real fault of their own. If anything, the AM and those who want to play this shuffle should go to the 2nd FS or it is pretty darn selfish IMO. Sounds really heavy handed to me. Like if you don't do your 1600 share on the Tournaments then we are going to ruin your stats so other FS will be put off by how many times you changed FS stats.

Honestly, what you say could happen, but that would be a stretch

if AMs are posting about and looking for, let's call them "contract tourney players", in a AM/M community, that means other AMs will be aware of such goings on. I believe any reasonable AM who have a recruitment process will check properly before rejecting a player based on the reason of "FS-hopping". if these AMs, being aware, do not care to clarify before rejecting a player, I daresay these AMs are not the ones good players want to play with anyway.

DeletedUser9601

I think included in all of this is an understanding that the AM would be willing to explain any discrepancies re: FS jumping to any third FS that someone is applying to.

DeletedUser12171

For all the back-and-forth going on in this thread, the "supply/demand gap" here is a clear and simple one:

1. people want to get blueprints but may not be in a blueprint-getting FS
2. FSs want to get blueprints consistently but their regulars may want a break occasionally

this measure is simply to address that gap. if there are other, better ways of addressing this gap, I'm sure people will be willing to explore it

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think included in all of this is an understanding that the AM would be willing to explain any discrepancies re: FS jumping to any third FS that someone is applying to.

Too Funny! One of the problems discussed before was potential AM contacting current AM and tipping them off that the player was looking to change :p

It doesn't really matter to me since I don't think I would ever even consider doing this. I'm committed to doing at least my share or more to get 10 chests and I would feel really rude doing anything like this. It just struck me as odd after the way the prior OP was pretty much attacked IMO. Just SMH!

SoggyShorts

Too Funny! One of the problems discussed before was potential AM contacting current AM and tipping them off that the player was looking to change :p
One of the perceived problems.;) You'll note its the same players posting in favour of openness in both discussions.
Everything in both threads comes down to communication, and more is better.
It doesn't really matter to me since I don't think I would ever even consider doing this.
Thats' too bad, since your FS is a perfect one for it. Consistent 10 chests every week, but you have at least one member every single week who gets ZERO points, wasting all of those rewards.

You could be generous and give that spot to another player when one of your members is away on vacation:), or waste it.:(

I'd take it even a step further, and if I was a solo player, I'd rent that spot. 120 KP (5 KP per FS member) in exchange for 135 KP + Blueprint? Deal me in.:D

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts Thankfully, not my call. But you do bring up another take on this. If I'm not mistaken, I know who you mean and it is a member out for medical reason. In this scenario it would not work because that player isn't available to switch back & forth between Fellowships. You can also see that I was almost completely out for 1 1/2 weeks in June also for medical reason that was sudden. If I had opened the game and been booted how would I know why? That would have been very upsetting at least until I got through my email :( As it was I got attacked by a player who was leaving anyway :mad:

I do get how this could benefit if it is handled in a very coordinated effort which I'm sure you have under control :cool:

SoggyShorts

it is a member out for medical reason. In this scenario it would not work because that player isn't available to switch back & forth between Fellowships.
Why wouldn't it work? If you have a player who is completely inactive, then giving their spot to other players in 5 day spurts until they get out of the hospitaland are able to play is perfect, no?
If they can log in at least once, then that is different- let em get 30 points&full rewards, but if they aren't going to log in at all for x days/weeks, what good does being in the FS do them or anyone?

I'm sure you have under control :cool:
Nah, I'm just working on this in theory-- actually organising such a system sounds like too much work:p

DeletedUser18354

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I have seen this Arch's latest posting and it may not be illegal but it's certainly low. She is asking for temporary people to come to her fs so she can get the 10 chests. She has created a second fs under a different name and "parks" her regular members in there until after the tournament then kicks the 10 chest players and brings her regulars back. And she claims to be doing this every week for months now. I'm just shocked that she has any reqular players, she treating them like cattle, moving them from one place to another just so she gets hers. I tell all my people, to do just one province to get what the rest of us work for, it's only fair, they do so much more other than get us 10 chests. There, got my 2 cents in, feel better hahaha.

You're definitely missing something. That's not how it works at all. There is an alliance with another, more casual fellowship. If someone in Star Friends feels like they need a break from the grind - like say they're moving, or on vacay, they can go over to that "holiday" alliance at will. Cab doesn't kick anybody out. And it hasn't been going on all that long - sometime after the last silk tournament, so a couple months at most. I'd say about six people have taken advantage of it so far.

Risen Malchiah

The last time I was between fellowships, I had considered being a free agent that would go around and join fellowships during their push tournaments. I would help them get 10 chests and get a blueprint for my efforts. But ultimately it seemed like too much work tracking down a new fellowship each week.

But the alternative is to continue to push on my own while the fellowship may or may not be feeling it that week. Having a 3k+ tournament average doesn't help if others in the fellowship don't do anything. That's why I'm glad to have found a fellowship where nearly everyone participates and with just a few more players, we'll be solidly in 10-chest territory.

I think the idea of bringing in temporary players for the experience is a great idea. If anything, I'd hope that those players would take helpful ideas back to their other fellowships to encourage them to do better.

And when blueprints become Restoration spells, we're going to see a lot more of this.

MirandaZink

Hmmm all I know is I'm seeing a lot more activity around "10 chest" players because many are bored waiting for the next chapter and it's costly to upgrade magic buildings. I think if someone created a "temporary" fellowship whereby anyone could come and go as they please to work together to achieve this. And if you tell your ArchMage (if your current FS doesn't focus on tournaments) what you want to do and get the permission to leave and come back then I guess I don't really see the harm in any of this.

Frankly it would be interesting if you could belong to more than one FS. I've seen requests in the forum for more slots than 25 (which would be a nightmare for the mages to keep track of so don't agree this is a good idea) but for active players who can have more people to trade with and visit and to do this 10 chest thing it would be a solution.

Just rambling out loud so feel free to say I'm crazy. I'm just waiting for my scout to finish so I can kill more troops! LOL